I feel like it has been forever since I last posted (even though it is has only been four days). I need to get used to posting every day or every other day at least. I'm always writing blogs in my head, now I just need the follow through! I say this often but time really does fly! How is it already April 2007 this Sun?This past week was Milo's last spring break! We didn't do anything which is kind of sad and boring but we are hopefully going to do something for graduation instead. Doesn't that sound like a more joyous occasion to celebrate? I think so with a resounding YES!!
Friday and Saturday were spent just hanging out. We watched The Holiday. I liked it. There was a little cheese but not so much I had to get up and blog in the middle of it. That's how I judge a good movie. Milo also got into Casino Royale. I'm sure it is a pretty good movie but it was blogging all the way for me (just not posting dang it). I just wasn't in the mood for car screeching and gun shooting. Glad he liked it though.
Yesterday we kicked off spring with a great barbecue at Milo's mom's house. The sun was gorgeous and the sky was clear! The funny thing was, right when they went out to start the grill up, the wind went crazy. They grilled yummy burgers though!
I ate so bad!! Hamburgers, two yummy salads, chips and dip, ice cream. Really I was over the edge by the time I ate the ice cream. In fact, even though I only ate a little, I kept asking myself why I even ate it in the first place (I definitely didn't need it). I did so good last week with the working out and the eating. I blew it all in one day! I don't mean to but when I have been good for a short while (like a week) I always blow it with thinking I can have a cheat day because I was so good. Where does that come from? I need many good days and weeks before I 'earn' a treat! I have the working out down so I guess it is back to the commitment of eating better.
Dane was being funny again tonight. Up at Marion's they were playing upstairs and usually it ends up to be a lot of rough housing. It did tonight too and he was the one that was crying. I could tell it was a hurt cry. All he kept saying was that he was sliding down the couch. Um, ok whatever that means.
We had FHE up at her house too. We watched the movie The Testaments. I hadn't seen it yet, I know it has been shown in Utah for the last few years (or so). The church just released it on DVD and I was quick to order it from the distribution center for only $4.50. SO, SO good. In fact, I'm not sure I could have handled it on the big screen they have in the theater, I was crying quite a bit on a tv. It was very powerful and a great movie to have at home. I'm sure we'll watch it again. All 3 kids sat through it, answered questions we asked and even asked great ones too. I am always impressed with how much they know at their ages. I love how teachable they are right now.
When we were leaving Dane started to scam for more 'medicine' by limping out the door. Marion asked him which leg was hurting and he looked so pitiful, turned around and said to her 'The left leg.' How in the world, I do not remember teaching him which is right and which is left. Thanks to the person that took care of that one! Kat maybe?
He just got up crying over his foot again. I'm hope he just twisted it/ sprained it. Who knows. I asked Milo to get him some motrin and when he tried to give it to him he got mad at us and asked for 'his medicine'! Hard not to laugh, I can't wait to tell Marion this one. At least tonight she sent us home with a bag of Kissables to get through his latest injury.
9 comments:
I haven't seen Holiday yet, but you really should watch Casino Royale. We saw it on our anniversary in the theatre...it did not disappoint! I am totally laughing about the candy medicine. Just a spoon full of sugar helps the injury stop hurting right? I hope his leg or foot doesn't turn out to be a sprain or something.
Doug and I do the same thing with food. It's almost comical. We eat good and then have to "reward" ourselves.
Wow, Milo's last spring break, Melanie! That is something.
I think kissables would make perfect grandma pills. I'm going to remember that one.
I think eating good at bbq's is the hardest....even harder than Thanksgiving. At least at Thanksgiving you're expected to eat vegetables and turkey.
I liked Holiday. I thought it was a cute movie.
Milo's last spring break!! WOW. How excited. So are you going to stay in M.L. or will you be moving after he graduates from school?
Enjoy your day, it is raining here! BUMMER;)
love the kissable medicine. too cute.
the holiday is on my list.
hope you go somewhere fantastic for graduation
There's nothing a good treat won't cure! My nephew requires a kiss and then he's all better (he's almost 2). I'm sure he'll wise up pretty soon and start asking for "medicine". Hey I posted that scrapping info on my blog. Check it out and just ask if you ever need help.
Dane is such a character! Mom seriously bribed him...she never does that! Ha ha! Hopefully his leg is fine. Maybe it will end up being like his arm!
So funny that he wanted "his medicine"! Well who wouldn't prefer Kissables over Motrin? Grandmas are the best.
I took a group of YW to see Testaments on the big screen and it was hard to make it through. My MIL just gave us the dvd, maybe we will watch it for FHE sometime.
Too bad you didn't watch Casino Royale with Milo, it's a treat to watch too, that guy is hot.
I hear you on the eating thing too. I stayed home and was working on the computer all day and ended up eating an entire row of Girl Scout cookies (the butter kind) by myself! I didn't even feel gross afterwards, just disgusted with myself. They were so good though.
i leave saturdays as my "reward" days..i dont think its bad at all!!
the kissables were too funny..i might have to use that!!
i have yet to see either of those movies!
Post a Comment