My man Nathan started soccer again. Tonight was his first game and he was ready! He took a real nap (eyes shut, no pretending) just to prepare for the big game. I think he looks like a heart breaker in this picture, I just love it! Their team has these lovely brown shirts and while I love chocolate brown shirts, they just don't look like speed or style when playing soccer. We look like the sleeper team. They did good though (even though they don't keep score), the kids scored goals and ran their little hearts out. Nathan even knew which goal to run to this time around! Definite improvement.I had so much fun with my new camera, it actually takes action shots. I can't post any because I swear every single one I took Nathan managed to only have half a face in or just his arms. I need a better seat next time! Last soccer season the pictures with my old camera were terrible, not one turned out. Next week I want to take some video.

These pictures crack me up!I have no idea what he was talking about but it must have required an element of drama! If you know Nathan, these pictures are the real him. He usually brings an element of drama with him, he always has it handy. When he is into telling a story, he will figure out a way to get your full attention. I love the hand talking here. Do you think he has seen that modeled somewhere? Hmmm, me maybe?
23 comments:
He is a doll. I love the cute things 5 yr. olds do. My son is 5 and playing t-ball. He will run and then skip to the bases. He skips from the parking lot at school to his class. Too cute. Maybe it's a 5 yr. old thing. Good times!!
Those are the greatest photos. You can see so much of his personality. I think I have the same camera as you. If I finally get around to reading the manual I can learn how to do action shots. Very cool.
I love soccer! I am the crazy Mom on the sidelines screaming positive things out on the field the whole time! LOVE IT!
Great photos!
What great pictures of your son. He so cute. He needs to meet my 5 year old boy. They could have a lot of fun together:) Soccer is so fun to watch. My daughter played for 4 years and she loved it. My boys are into base ball and t-ball.
I love him! He scored a goal, I think he may be the best player on the team now!! He is to much!
I love these photos, they are so fun! Especially the ones of him talking with his hands, I laughed right out loud! I can't wait for Chance to get old enough to play soccer. I love soccer and miss watching the games.
He is going to be a heart breaker--so cute. We just started baseball and I am not sure I am geared up for all the practices and games for one kid! I am loving all of the facial expressions. Classic.
He looks like a heart breaker for sure. I've always enjoyed watching the little ones play soccer. I think I am going to sign my 4 yr old up this year.
Your pictures are great and I can't wait to see more action shots. What camera did you buy? Did you already share this info? (if so I can't recall)
oh fun! i too enjoy brown clothing of any kind!
5 year olds are fun! last nite anna said she was going to marry someone..i asked her who and she said..hmm actually thats a mystery!
classic!
FUN to get a camera to play with!!
so cute!
Adorable pics of your little soccer man! My Griffin (3) starts t-ball in 2 weeks and he is super excited.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness in the Good Mail package. It arrived today and I immediately thought "this polish is ME!" So sweet of you!
Oh Melanie! You really captured the real Nathan. These are darling and I love "and while I love chocolate brown shirts, they just don't look like speed or style when playing soccer. We look like the sleeper team." What a funny, funny line.
Go Nathan. Go Sleeper Team.
That's my boy!! Or maybe just Melanie all over again!! I can't wait to come see Nathan play soccer, while sitting with Kat and Daner to cheer him on!! Get ready mom and dad........... Granny's on her way!
I was laughing so hard when I saw these pictures! They are so Nathan.
Oh, he's adorable. I love the expressive conversation shot. Candids really are the best at capturing who your kids really are, I think!
I love the pictures. I can't wait for soccer season, I love it. We don't play here until the fall....
Terrific photos! I looooove the hand talking he has going on, wish I could hear what that conversation was about. And I love that you said he now knows which direction to take the ball -- soccer in those first years is hilarious.
The pictures are darling. I love little-kid soccer, it's hilarious. I swear it's therapy for the parents because watching the hilarity on the field adds years to your life.
Adorable pictures of your little guy. He looks like he had a great time on the soccer field. How exciting you got a new camera. What kind did you get? I am on the look out for a new one? I linked to your blog from my dear friend Donna.
OK, I love these shots. too cute!
on the bright side, brown will not show the dirt, right?? :)
I love these pictures of Nathan. He looks so grown up and handsome. I'm glad I can claim him as my nephew, well most of the time at least. No, I'm just kidding. Maybe I'll be able to watch him play sometime...I'm sure the boys would love it!
I'm gonna have to figure out when the heck soccer starts b/c you've motivated me. Super cute pictures. Gotta love the sweetness and animation that little boys brings to our lives. It sounds like a really good thing for him.
I love all his expressions! good job behind the camera!
Post a Comment