Today has been the longest day! I am totally wiped out and it is only 2pm. Not a good sign for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Last night Dane woke up every 45 minutes!! What in the world, he is 3 1/2 years old not 3 1/2 months! He had a high fever and was just uncomfortable the whole night. This morning when it was time to get up, I could not even open my eyes. I had this drugged feeling in my head and he didn't want to leave my side. We both stayed home from church and snuggled the whole time. He is feeling a little better but he is still so clingy. Ugh, I hope it doesn't last too long!
I'm guessing here since I didn't hear them (Milo was late and missed them too) but they released me as the librarian and as a RS teacher and they called me to be 2nd counselor in the Primary. I am excited about it but a little nervous too, I have never been in Primary. In the 7 years Milo and I have been married the only place I have served in the Primary is the nursery. Most of my time has been spent with the young women. The new president is going to be awesome. Our Primary has been in dire straits for awhile and she is ready for a revolution. I am too since Dane hasn't had a teacher this entire year (only subs)!! Four other classes have the same thing, the teachers never show up. What is up with that?! I know it is common place for many wards but now as a presidency we plan on filling in instead of watching it all go down. So onto new things at church that don't include copies and chalk and erasers. I'm pretty sure they can handle it in there.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with these kids until bedtime! I'm hoping a movie will lure them to the couch for a couple hours. That's all I want to do, just veg!
19 comments:
so sorry you have a sick one, that is so hard when they just don't sleep! I hope you can get a nap in sometime today!
That is terrible about primary. I never really thought too much about it until I had a kid actually go to primary, but now I am SO THANKFUL for good teachers and a good presidency. We have a huge primary adn every class is big (too big to take in another class if a teacher doesn't show up). Luckily we have some pretty good teachers, it just amazes me all the dedication and service it takes to keep a ward running smoothly! I have been in primary for a year now (teaching the 4 year olds) and I love it...it is a lot of work, but those little kids can be so sweet!
WOW! primary counselor!! i too have yet in 11 years to be in primary OR r/s ..always the youth..which i LOVE!! mainnly the older mature ones though!!!
that is SO rough about him walking up like that..AND the time change!! i do love cuddles but not every 45 minutes!!
oh Melanie I feel for you. I hope you get a nap in and that Dane feels better soon and no one else comes down with something.
Congratulations on your new calling, you're right the chalk & erasers will be just and you'd be perfect for primary. Yeah for all the kids who will finally have teachers! Good Luck °Ü°
What a miserable night! I hope he feels better soon!
Congrats on your calling, and good luck getting things shaped up in Primary. I find that sometimes people just don't think it really matters if they show up or not! But it really does!
not a fun night! hope tonight is better.. fun to be in primary. my favorite place to be! good luck with getting some good teachers that can be frustrating! I teach the 11 and 12 year olds.. and am activity day leader.. I love being in there and hearing what my kids are learning- songs and lessons..
we in bed too today! christian got strep and i got it from him. too fun. we did the movie thing too.
i'm sure you will work wonders in your primary. what a challenging but fun calling. their so lucky to have you!
We were up with a fever in the night last night too. Guess we're not alone. I'm sure hoping everyone is feeling better tomorrow. It's March and I want all the illness to pass! Sleep well.
I hope you made it through. Maybe even got to dose off on the couch. I know that is wishful thinking. Those sleep deprived days are the hardest.
Good luck with your new calling. You will do great.
WOW I hope you can get some rest. So sorry you were up with a sick boy. I hope he feels better soon.
Primary, you will love it!!!!
http://www.sugardoodle.net/Primary/index.shtml
is a great web-site for sharing time and lots of primary stuff!
Sorry to hear about your sick one. Hopefully, you were able to sleep last night. The time change in the spring always does me in - then throw in leaving for church at 8:30 and we are wiped out all day.
Congrats on your new calling. Primary will be awesome - especially since you are going in to make changes. That is great!
Hope you were able to get to bed early last night! There is nothing like climbing into bed after a day like that. Hate that the sickies are going around and hope you don't get anything.
Eh sick kids--that's the pits. I hope you survived the evening. Hang in there. And what in the !$@$ they already released you? How crazy is that.
BTW cute photos on your post below.
You are going to do great in your new calling, that's really exciting. It doesn't seem like you were librarian too long :)
I hope that Dane is feeling better today. Joshy is sick with another ear infection. I really thought the tubes were suppose to take care of that. Oh well. Hopefully Dane will sleep better tonight (and I hope he did last night too).
Good luck in Primary! I know you'll do great, though I am shocked when people have not served in Primary before- I have been there so many years!
Don't even get me started on teachers not showing up or saying NO to callings!
I am down a counselor right now, did you want to come be mine! :)
Congrats on the new calling I bet you will be awesome.
I had the same feelings about sunday due to the time change. however, i took long nap and completely screwed up my night. Oh well.
Well, I hope Dane (and you!) is having a better day and better sleeping through the night. It's so hard when you are used to them sleeping well!
Fun about your new calling! I'm a bit jealous -- still gathering dust in Enrichment, but so excited for you! I can just feel your energy to get things changed and working properly! That's terrible about Dane's teacher situation. My oldest has a similar one, but she's 10, and that's a big difference. Good luck with it!
Sundays can be so long. We recently switched to 9am church, which is good b/c the day doesn't go so fast.. yet sometimes it drags on forever. We go for walks at the park, feed the ducks, visit granny and grandad and bake cookies to break it up sometimes. Still I love to throw a DVD on for the kids so we can get a nap.
Have fun in Primary. I have only been in nursery and been secretary so good luck with the counselor thing. Do you have a big Primary? I know it makes such a huge difference when the presidency is good and takes the calling seriously. Good luck!
i am right there with you and sick kids-- in fact i am sick too but thankfully feeling better enough to get off the couch today.
hope your family is doing better today...it is going around, that is for sure
THANK YOU for the wonderful pickle mail-- loved it and it really brought a smile to my fact! :)
Congratulations about your new calling! I'm sure you will be great. I have been in primary quite a bit and always love to get a glimpse on what the kids are learning, and especially the cute things all the kids say and do!
Post a Comment