We entered the world of the Tooth Fairy tonight and it was so fun! I was doing hair this afternoon and Nathan told me Kathryn had a loose tooth. I didn't really believe him since I had just checked her teeth a few weeks ago. When I felt her tooth it really was loose and ready to come out. Plus, the one next to it should be out in a few days as well. How did it all happen that fast?
You would have thought she won the lottery, she was jumping up and down with the biggest smile on her face. She couldn't wait for Milo to wake up, she kept asking 'how much longer until I get to tell daddy?' A few kids in her class have lost some teeth and she has been waiting for her day to be added to the list.This is all I could come up with to put her tooth in, a card stock pouch that I had her draw on. But I failed to mention it is her first tooth lost, not gained. I think I'll add that tomorrow. Dang it, why did she have to lose a tooth on a day I had hair all afternoon? If you want to see a really cool idea check this out. But take my advice and make it now, you never know when those teeth are going to get loose!

16 comments:
We have a couple of wobbly teeth over here. Funny I never though to pull them out with floss. I am just waited for them to fall out. She looks so cute with her missing tooth.
oh thats cute! my hubby wants to make a toothfairy movie..
Cute story. I love that her hair is always done. I know you do hair but that does not mean your kids hair is always done (we have several hairdresser friends).
I think the homemade pouch is a great idea. We have a couple of teeth that need to come out over here too.
Way cute. I love the picture that she drew.
I love her picture she drew. Man, I feel old that seems like ages ago when Taylor lost her first tooth. (and it was only 5 years ago) I swear my kids loose their teeth so early!
How fun you were able to document as well.
I showed this post to Alexis and she was truly jealous. She has been so ansy to have her own teeth come out. I bought her a book that has a purple velvet pouch, but leave it to Kristi to come up with an amazing idea. I could never make that! Maybe I'll have to show the idea to my mom and she if she wants to tackle a project.
I love this! My littles are always so late at loosing their teeth! How fun for her - what a doll she is!
Losing teeth is so fun for the kiddos! I found some really cute tooth pouches at a little children's boutique for around $5-8. Not too bad. I also still have the one my mom made me!
What a fun story, it's so cute how excited she is, I forgot how exciting it was when I was a kid to pull out a tooth, my sister was the queen at it all my friends would go to her to get their teeth pulled out.
I love the picture she drew.
Kristi is so creative, I remember seeing that post before, I should start it now and maybe in 2 years when Kira is 5 it'll be done in time :)
She is just he cutest little girl. her hair is perfect and she has such beautiful eyes! What a sweet heart! I loved losing my teeth...esp the tooth fairy part. What fun day for her!
My kids won't let me pull them, won't even let me try! They just wait until they are barely hanging on and fall out on their own. They are late to lose their teeth, so Lucas was waiting forever to add his name to the list at school!
Very cute photos. Love the excitement.
I used to love pulling my own teeth. She looks so cute in the pictures and I love the cute picture she drew. Good Job, Mel! You and Milo are doing such a great job with her.
I didn't lose my first tooth until I was in first grade. I was so excited to finally lose one! I remember going back to my kindergarten class just so I could sign my name on the chart of all the kids that had lost a tooth.
I checked out your friends pillow case idea. That was so cute!! Though your little envelope was pretty cute too. :)
Ah, a big step in the direction of growing up! Congratualtions to Kathryn! Kaitlin, who's three is dying to lose a tooth. We have this Charlie and Lola book called "My Wobbly Tooth Must Not Ever Never Fall Out" that she loves. Lola finds out that the tooth fairy leaves money so she overcomes her fear and losing a tooth becomes a really cool thing. Kaitlin had a visit from the binkie fairy, but she always talks about the tooth fairy coming to take her binkie. She will not allow us to correct her.
She's so cute. It's exciting to have the tooth fairy visit. My kids have lost their teeth like crazy (Whitney is only 6 and has lost 8 already) but they seem to have slowed down in the past few months so the tooth fairy has not been around.
you are too kind.
i love what you did. just any documentation is great in my book!
seriously call me if you want help with the template
Post a Comment