Friday, April 13, 2007

The Mother Lode of Updates

Yikes, I am so behind this week with posting and getting updated on here. Feel free to skip this post, it could stand to be rather boring. I just can't pass posting some of it.

When Heidi and Kate came to play last Friday, Nathan tailed Kate all over the park. I hope she thought it was a fun thing because he never left her alone. He love babies and little kids and had fun assisting her with anything. It was just fine with Heidi, it gave us all a chance to visit with Nathan as the sitter, ha!


Dane was climbing up the twisty slide with his cast. He had cedar chips in his toes but didn't care a single bit. It was a gorgeous spring day and we let the kids run until they were wiped out!

On Sat the Easter Bunny left behind baskets and eggs for the kids at Gramimi's house (Milo's mom) even though she was visiting other grandkids (and kids) out of town. All of the eggs were found fast and then we headed to the city egg hunt (which was a total joke! we are NOT going next year.)

The sun was too bright for Nathan I guess. He kept making his eyes funny.

Milo stayed with Dane in the parent assist section for ages 0-3. He could have gone with the big kids but with his cast we didn't want him plowed over. We had it all wrong. He was knocked over more by the parents 'helping' their little ones than the actual little kids. Adults like that bug me so bad. A lady even reached between Milo's legs for an egg, he was not a happy man. See what I mean about talking them out of it next year?

My mom was here until Easter Sunday. We had a nice day at church, Sharing Time was awesome with the 12 egg thing and we had the easiest Easter dinner ever. We ate breakfast foods since we didn't have lots of time to cook with having to leave and get mom to the airport. It was literally a drop and run because as soon as we got there her plane started to board. I had planned to take some sort of photo for the SPT dealing with Easter but since she went right on the plane, this is the only picture I took on Easter Sunday. How's that for lame?

Last night was Nathan's last soccer game for the season (yeah!). They handed out these cute trophies. He is quite proud and has a special place on his dresser.

Today we took Dane to get his cast off. I thought the boys looked so cute marching down the hall together to get Dane's leg checked out. Please tell me how they got this big, this fast. I must try to stop it, just a little!

He was all laughs and giggles running down the hall until it was time for the saw to come out. It was so sad, at first he just tensed up and tried to stay strong but he just couldn't do it.

He cried and cried and it was one of those times I wanted to cry with him. The saw was loud and vibrated and he thought it would cut him. Poor boy, I just wanted her to hurry up and get the dang thing off. I kept asking her if he was ok and of course she said it wouldn't cut him (I knew it wouldn't) and that it was just getting really hot. Was that supposed to reassure me that he was fine? If it was, it didn't work. There is a reason I am not a nurse. I would just want to quit and say, 'Let's take if off later, k?' I would never last!

I am happy to report that his foot is healing and no second cast is needed. Now I just need to keep him safe which sounds like a normal mother duty but with him requires constant watching! Today before the cast was taken off I found him in his closet (which is usually always locked), almost to the top shelf! Trying to reach something 'important' to him. Sigh...he wears me out. Any ideas on how to get a 3 1/2 yr old boy to slow down? I'm kidding of course, there will be no stopping this kid. He tells me so everyday!

Whew, that was our week in short (or rather long) review. I have not been sleeping very well this past week and it is finally catching up to me today. Last night it was 2:15 the last time I looked at the clock. Only a couple more months and Milo will not be working graveyards anymore. I can sleep better with him here even though I'm used to him being gone. I can't wait for him to be done with school. So with that I should get to bed. Tomorrow is a full day of laundry, a clogging performance, yard work and a hair appointment. Not a day of leisure, that's for sure.

8 comments:

michelle said...

Poor Dane getting his cast off! Max had a cast on his foot when he was 9 (I think -- maybe 10?) and even he was none too happy about that loud saw coming out. I can just imagine the trauma at 3!

I can't stand it when parents get out of control like the ones at the egg hunt. Sheesh.

Brianne said...

It's nice to see the kids in action. They're so cute!! I wish I could've seen Dane running around in his cast. I'm sure it was cute to see how he figured out how to do things.

Anonymous said...

Melanie--I love reading about your week...and that picture of the boys going down the hall with the cast dragging behind is great!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some fun times. I wish I could have seen Dane with his cast. Malcolm was jumping on the couch one day, so I had to show him what happened to Dane. Funny! I bet Nate loves his trophy!

donna said...

Your post was not boring.
What a fun week you had. It is so fun to take the kids to the park on a gorgeous spring day. I love spring :) Wow what great pictures of you family. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful Easter Sunday.

Jill said...

It seems like Dane just got his cast on, why was that so fast? That saw would be scary to anyone, but for a little kid that's super rough.

I'm embarrassed for the parents who knocked over kids to help their kids get more eggs...what in the world? Sometimes I see parents like that and feel sorry for their kids because they never really get to just go and experience things for themselves.

I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well, that's rough stuff. Do you have any good books to read? Perhaps a prescription for Ambien is in order.

Robyn said...

That must be nice to have Dane's cast off. I wish I could tell you how to slow down a 3 yr old but I have a crazy one myself. She never stops talking!

Seriously can't believe the obnoxious parent reaching btwn your husband's legs. I get really annoyed with that too- especially the ones who let their kids keep like 30 eggs while little kids only have 2.

My 6 yr old Austin has his first loose tooth too. I'd better get going on that project. I wonder how much money he expects from the tooth fairy. I think he said he wanted to buy an iPod with it. Ha.

jenny said...

You definitely got some cute shots of the kids. And hurray for soccer being over. It's always bitter sweet for us too. Hey and your post is your life--my posts are so mundane. I am surprised anyone really takes the time to read mine. Hope you had a successful laundry and other tasks day! And get some much needed sleep.