Friday, April 06, 2007

A Fast Week and Funny Kids

It always happens like this. When my mom is here, the week FLIES by. We don't ever really *do* much except feed, take care of, clean up after, wash clothes of and entertain the little humans in the house. And with all that excitement it seems it is almost time for her to go home. Only 2 days left. We are always sad to see her go and can't wait for the next visit.

I have been meaning to write some of the funny things being said around here this week. This late at night all I can remember is this funny from Dane. Dang, how have I lost some of it already? I really need to be better at writing them down, the kids are at funny stages right now.

Dane was snuggling my mom on the floor the other day and he started to play with her earrings (they are little hoops). I swear this is his direct quote! He said 'People that wear earrings are wicked but we still like them.' WHAT?! We tried really hard not to laugh but we were very unsuccessful. He is NOT quoting Milo or I but here is where I *think* he came up with this statement.

They were asking me about boys and earrings, probably because one of Milo's brothers has one (oops, I mean two). I told them sometimes boys/men will make the choice to get an earring or two but we can't judge them because Jesus doesn't judge them. It was one of those times where I thought the little talk got us somewhere. Uh, I guess not because I never said men (or women for that matter) with earrings are wicked. Now I have to guess what else has been interpreted the wrong way by these three. I could be in serious trouble with these lessons I think I'm doing so good with.

Tonight Nathan had another soccer game. The coach went out of town for spring break and a very nice mom offered to coach the game this week. NO, it wasn't me. I couldn't handle that even for one game. I thought this picture was funny/scary of Nathan. Not sure when he thought soccer was a push em over kind of game but he was doing it all night. With his elbow even. I didn't even notice this had an elbow push in it until we got home. Hopefully no elbows are thrown next week (his last game).

Tonight Milo called and said the moon is blood red, you should go out and see it. Take some pictures. Normally I would never be able to do that since I am here with the kids by myself but with my mom here, I went. Definitely not character for me to jump up and do that so late at night. I went down the road a little ways, saw this tree and tried to take some shots with the moon behind it. This is the only one I got. I couldn't change any of my settings because my batteries died right after I took it! No extras with me, Ugh! Still it was very pretty and so bright. I considered getting batteries and going back but the clouds were interfering at that point. Oh well.

I have my first Sharing Time this week. Easter Sunday, no pressure right? Wrong, I am feeling it. I have never done one before and I have only seen TWO! All of my other callings have been in YW so right now I feel intimidated by little people. Heidi gave me a great object lesson using 12 white eggs. They are filled with scriptures and small objects that depict the last week in the Savior's life. I'm glad my mom is here, I'm going to make her help me. I have no idea how but she will be put to good use.

Tomorrow Heidi and Kate are going to be here to hang out one more time before mom leaves. It is supposed to be 77^ so hopefully a park outing will be in store for us. All kids love parks right?

And Dane will be quite a sight running in his cast. It has not slowed him down one bit! In face he has still been climbing up on counter tops, the back of the recliner and all over the table. I was hoping for just a little break but even a cast couldn't do it. I guess nothing will.

17 comments:

becca said...

Sounds like you had a great week. That is so funny about the "wicked" comment!! Where do they come up with this stuff! So cute!

You got a great picture of the moon, wow...I love the branches in front of it! Hope your weekend is great, and good luck with sharing time (I sm sure it will go great!!)

Elizabeth said...

I tried to get a shot of the moon like that also. But it didn't turn out. I love seeing the moon through branches.

michelle said...

That comment about the earrings is hilarious! And what a cool moon. I remember once seeing a moon like that when I was about 12 and being totally scared that it was the end of the world. Great shot.

Christina said...

i must be WAY righteous then-never had pierced ears!! hahah

sounds like good times with mom--sometimes i wish my mom would come play with me- maybe we should move farther then 30 minutes away??

enjoy your easter weekend- good luck in sharing time! why do little kids intimidate us?? so sad huh!!

Amie said...

I also tried to get a picture of the moon last night. I happened to be out at midnight but the picture wasn't as cool as the real thing so I didn't post it. Kind of cool we were all thinking the same thing though.

I love a week with my mom visiting. I'm glad you have had a fun time.

Laurie said...

I am glad to see the cast is not hindering your guy from moving about and having an o.k. time.

Good luck with sharing time! That would intimidate me too! I've never served in Primary.

donna said...

What a week. Sounds like you had a great time with your mom.
What a funny comment about the earrings:) I love the moon.
Have a wonderful day my friend.

carlo said...

oh i love the kid quotes. they are priceless.

the moon pic was awesome. good work.

happy easter, melanie!

Natasha said...

Awesome picture of the moon! Happy Easter to you and your family.

Melinda said...

Time always flies when I am with my mom. I hate it.
THe wicked comment is so funny. It always cracks me up with what the kids come up with.
THe moon picutre is so pretty. Great job!

Oh, sharing time. I hated doing those. I would end up just sweating so badly and having huge pits under my arms from being soo nervous. It did get a little better as the years went on. Still good luck tomorrow. I have that same lesson with the eggs and it is great.

everything pink! said...

Hippy hop, hippity hop.
Will the Easter Bunny stop?
Will he leave a treat behind,
An Easter basket for me to find?

I'll look over here,
I'll look over there,
I'll look behind things,
I'll look everywhere
I'll look until I find my treat,
And then I'll sit right down and eat.

Happy Easter!

Jill said...

Dane's comment about the earrings is hysterical. It's kind of disturbing to consider how our kids misinterpret the things we teach them, but it makes for some amusing blogging.

That moon picture is awesome.

Good luck with Sharing Time. I think you'll do great. Be confident and dynamic and try not to wax philosophic on things. The best sharing times (I've witnesses hundreds of them) involve the kids and aren't too long.

jenny said...

That was pretty funny about the earrings. I always find it interesting to see kids interpretation of things.

Very cool shot of the moon. I am glad you at least got one before the battery went dead. I hope you sharing time went okay. Happy Easter!

amy gretchen said...

Sounds like a fun week. It's got to be hard when you mom leaves. I know what you mean about time going quickly.

Love the photo of the moon. So cool.

I hope all went well yesterday for your sharing time. I am sure you were marvelous.

Diana said...

So happy that you could spend time wiht your mom, that is so nice.
The wicked comment is hilarious. It makes me scared/worried for when my kids are older and what they'll say of what I've taught them.
And hello how can you be a half hearted person towards Lost? Too bad you don't live close, you could come to our Lost parties and we'd covert you in no time.

Anonymous said...

I always love your posts. They are so funny- and I love the picture of Nathan elbowing the other player- I laughed right out loud. I'm sure Milo has been coaching him... ;) j/k

Crystalyn said...

what a beautiful moon! glad you posted it.

dane's comments crack me up! that is sooooo funny about the earrings conversation.

hope your sharing time went well.