Friday- Kyle, Heidi and Kate came for the night to hang out. I colored Heidi's hair after the kids went to bed and they let little Kate have her first sleep over for two nights here with Grandma and the cousins. She is so, so cute. I love her age (when I'm not the parent), she is 22 months. She is talking so much for her age and never stops moving.
She has the prettiest blue eyes (I should have this in color). She has a deep love (obsession) for Curious George and says 'monkey' over and over. She is such a doll and we all had fun with her around. And of course she melts my heart because she can say 'meh knee'. So cute!. Saturday- Kate and Kathryn were up at 6 or 6:30, we aren't sure. I guess Kate didn't get the memo that we don't get up that early here at this house. And who knows, it could have been Kathryn getting them both up that early. By 10 am, mom and I were thinking it would be a really long day. Good thing we had a distraction planned for the afternoon. It wasn't bad at all.
Kathryn had her first performance for clogging. She did so good. And of course I might be biased but she was the cutest one AND had the cutest hair (who am I kidding, might be? I am all the way and I'm willing to admit it. This is a horribly dark picture, I'll get better ones next time they perform. This is her third year and every year I think is she getting it? But this time, during the first performance, I could see that some of it has finally stuck. I can't wait for all the times she will perform because you can see she is having more fun and remembering what to do. And who am I kidding, I love her costume, it is so dang cute this year.Oh and conference, it was SO good. I have my favorite speakers and they never disappoint but I loved the whole Sat morning session. Maybe I was more focused then, who knows but those talks have stuck with me. I want to slow them down though, I just can't take it all in. I have already watched a couple talks a second time. And I learned so much more too. Gotta love dvr.
Sunday- We went to my grandma's house to watch the sessions and spend a little time with her. We have the kids sit through the morning session at least and they did surprisingly well this year. About half way through when they started to get restless, I gave them a piece of paper and told them to draw pictures of what the speakers were talking about. Not a very original idea but they just took off with it. After the session, I asked them to tell me what they had drawn. They were listening more than I thought.
{Kathryn, 6 1/2}Here are Kat's pictures. I love where she had me write, 'the message of Jesus Christ'. Elder Ballard kept saying that over and over in his talk and I guess that is how she wanted to get it across. Pretty accurate to me too. Oh and one talk mentioned the 12 apostles a couple times and after drawing 3 she told me her hand was tired and all she just wanted these three. I think Nathan overheard her say that, he only has 3 too.
One last one (I couldn't resist posting this). Nathan handed me this and said 'This is President Gordon B Hinckley.' This cracks me up in the cutest way. I love the glasses and hair.When you have this much catch up, do you put it all in one post or many little posts?

16 comments:
Oh my gosh, those drawings the kids made during Conference are the cutest things ever!
I concur with Michelle. The pictures are darling! I love Pres. Hinkley's hands (especially 'cause he uses them so often to get a point across). I also loved how you described that Nathan has just begun to draw for an outside audience. I never thought of it like that.
And Kathryn's hair? Definitely a hairdresser's daughter! Her hair is always darling.
What a fun weekend except for waking up soo early! THe girls are so cute together. I love that. THe pictures are very cute. I need to remember to have the kids do that next time.
Have fun with you Mom!
yay you are back!
love the pics and i love the "freddie kruger" hands stage of drawing...i love kids art so much.
love the pics. so glad that you had fun with your mom, too.
and on length of post. ehem...we already know how long mine are on a normal basis, though that post may be have been out of internet when i posted that one...
welcome back!
oh i lOVE that last picture- the glasses- SOOO CUTE!!!
sounds like a busy weekend..sorry no internet access-- im a hag when i dont have it..its not pretty!!
your girls are too cute- and of course they have the CUTEST hair!
Love love love kid artwork. And would we expect anything not cute coming from a hair stylist?
As far as catching up on posts. I will back date sometimes. Or if I am lazy I just do bullet points. It really depends on the mood. Glad you are back and running again!
Thats a great post, it's not too long. THe weekend sounds very eventful. Kathryn looks so pretty. Sorry you had to wake up so early.
I'm so glad you found my blog. Your family is adorable and I'm so glad that now I get to keep track of you!
What great pictures:) What a week you had.
Kathryn is so cute!!!!!!
I love the conference pictures. I am always love to know that they really are listening. SO CUTE!
Sad you lost this post before, but I'm glad you recreated it. I love the conference drawings. So very cute!
The drawings are adorable. My boys did the same thing. It was really cute and they were listening more than I thought.
Your daughters hair is so cute and perfect! :D How fun to have her in clogging. That would be so fun to watch.
The drawings are fabulous. Just love it when little kids express themselves artistically.
I agree kathryn is so cute. I think it's great you have her in something that will really help her self confidence.
I loved sat morning conference as well. It really stood out to me.
I absolutely love the kids' conference drawings, I totally recognized President Hinckley. Those are great!
Those pictures are so cute. I love that you let them draw their own. As a parent, I always feel like I have to give them something to color in, or Conference Bingo, or something like that. These are priceless.
her cuntlooks nice n fat i love a fatcunt on a little girl
Post a Comment