Monday, April 16, 2007

My Own Tim McGraw

As soon as Nathan could say cowboy hat (2 1/2 or so), he wanted one. The hard part of that was finding one that fit and didn't look ridiculous. His head would only fit into adult hats (for the most part he has grown into his head) and at the age of 2 1/2 they looked way too big around the brim. So we put him off and put him off but the dream for him was always there. He would always go back to the same thing, 'Mom, I really want a cowboy hat!' When my mom was here, we found one in the children's section big enough to fit him! I couldn't believe it and neither could he. He was so happy, finally a dream that he's had for half his life comes true. He didn't take if off for days. The funniest thing ever was when he came up to mom and I and said he needed to wear his hat like this (over one eye) to look like Tim Mcgraw! Oh we were laughing so hard! And who doesn't want their own Tim McGraw? I got the new Tim cd so maybe that is where he decided this is *the* look for cowboys? Too funny!

This is how he got himself dressed this morning (he posed himself too). These Wranglers are SO tight. I found them at Goodwill in great shape and his size. I bought them and when I got home realized they were slims. They fit him like a glove (just like Tim) but today the funny part was the button kept snapping open when he would bend over. It made me think about HS when you would lay down and suck it in to get the tight jeans buttoned!

He loves all things cowboy and horse related. Which is funny because I know nothing about the 'cowboy life' except country music and even though Milo grew up on a farm, I wouldn't call him cowboy either. One of Nathan's first words was 'fo' and translated it meant horse. How did he get that? I read the same good night book to him every night and it uses the baby animal name. It took us months to realize he was saying foal. I was so sad when he learned to say horse. (way off track, sorry)

Tonight Dane was dad's big helper (maybe). He was 'mow lawning'. I have told him more than once it is lawn mowing. He likes it the other way and to be honest, I do too. He was out there following Milo with his frog boots on and his talking lawn mower. Too cute. (Now if our grass would just get greener)

He still had a limp when he walks or runs. His cast has only been off since Fri so I know it takes time. It just looks like it hurts when he limps and hobbles around. It doesn't bother him so it shouldn't bother me. Both boys were totally posing today when I got the camera out. I had wanted to catch Dane following Milo but he stopped and started being silly. NOT hard to imaging if you have ever been around him! Nathan too, he always asks me, 'Was I doing cheesy mom?' The answer is almost always yes!

Today was busy. Primary stuff (our meeting is tomorrow), working out, a highlight, some laundry, FHE, a late night trip to Walmart to avoid the crowd (it didn't work) and this post which took FOREVER because the pictures wouldn't load! Ugh, that gets annoying. I had to try at least 5 times!!

13 comments:

carlo said...

oh melanie, the boys are just darling. tim mcgraw and daddy minime? great shots.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you kept uploading till your post and pictures posted, because these are cute shots and I love to read about the boys. Growing up and living on a ranch for several years, Nathan definitely looks "natural" and good in a hat and pair of wranglers. How funny that's what he's always wanted. Wished I still lived on one so he could help us brand or move cows and fulfill the rest of his dream. He'd have loved it.

becca said...

Your boys are so cute! I love the cowboy shot, just so adorable! And Dane is such a little cutie! Great pictures (and I know the feeling of being bugged at blogger!:)

jenny said...

Those photos are so dang cute. Little boys decked out in cowboy attire melt my heart. Good luck with your primary meeting.

donna said...

OH your boys are so cute! He looks just like Tim Mcgraw. Have a great day :) How is your weather?

Laurie said...

The boys are darling. Definitely worth the time to document.

Anonymous said...

Nathan has quite the personality. I love that kid. He looks so cute in the cowboy hat. Malcolm wanted one the other day at shopko...but I didn't want to spend the money...but he also wanted the guns to go with it! Dane looks so cute! I hate it when you are trying to get a pic and they have to end up posing. Not that it's not cute...just not the same.

Amy said...

I have a cowboy boy as well. He loves his Wranglers, boots and snap shirt. And he recently got a rope and glove that he's thrilled about. Of course, he mainly ropes his brother, but I expected nothing less. Your boys are cute!

Christina said...

i know the pics on here get annoying to try to load up! what gives! i have to do one at a time and then keep writing my blog at the same time..
mow lawning- thats too funny..and wow tim mcgraw! how cute!

Kristen said...

Oh SO CUTE!!!

Elizabeth said...

Those boys of yours are so cute. No wonder your photos are always great.

Anonymous said...

My own Tim Mcgraw!! I just couldn't resist the hat, he had wanted one for so long.......... Now if he can only sing so he can take care of GMa in her old age!! Don't I have the cutest grandkids!! You gotta love them! I do. Granny Dee Ann

Brianne said...

Cowboy Nathan and "Mow Lawning" Dane look so cute in their pics!