Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Nap Hangover

This morning went well, we made it before the sacrament but after the opening prayer. Not too bad but we'll work on it to be better next week. And the best part was that no yelling went on. Which is better, a little late with no yelling or on time with total stress and yelling? I'm going for on time AND no yelling but it's baby steps that work around here.

Primary has been going good too. We had 7 holes to fill when we got called as a presidency and with the exception of one last class to fill everyone showed up today and taught their class! Let the revolution begin! Our primary has suffered so long and it is encouraging to have people actually showing up to teach. Now if we can just keep that fire going. We want to hand out some teacher appreciation thing every so often to let them know they are appreciated. They were routinely forgotten in the past. What have you gotten that made you feel important as a teacher? Nothing big but something that has a little thought required to get the message of gratitude across to them.

When we came home from church we fed the kids PB&J's and then it was down for naps. Usually I blog or read but today I decided to unplug the phone and take a nap. At first I thought it was a good thing until I woke up with a killer headache feeling like I had a nap hangover. Why does that have to happen? I have been tired this week and when I decide to indulge with a nap it backfires! I had to work at not being grumpy after that and am sad to report that I didn't always succeed. Milo got up (the kids were way too noisy) and made dinner (thanks, it was great!) and after the settle down of dinner the headache went away. I guess I'll rethink the nap next week and stick to blogging or reading.

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, to nap or not to nap on a Sunday afternoon. I chose skip it today and I have been dragging. I am off to bed early.

donna said...

I have a hard time napping. Whenever I nap, then I can’t sleep at night.
Glad to hear that you primary is doing a lot better and your Teachers are showing up to teach.

carlo said...

oh i have that hangover after napping. strange that getting rested up makes us feel yucky. I don't get that either...

Anonymous said...

I used to not be able to take naps...until I started working the graveyard shift. Now I love the thought of a nap...the laying down getting all warm and cozy. I love the falling asleep, but I hate the way I feel when I wake up. I'm so drowsy, can barely keep my head up and a lot of time have a headache. So now I try to convince myself that a nap isn't worth it. I drag even more!

Jill said...

I hate the Sunday nap hangover, it's the worst. It's just too cruel that you finally get a chance to relax and really rest and then get totally bamboozled with a headache and irritability. I always feel like it cancels out all the good feelings going to church had produced. Drat!

I'm happy you're part of the revolution in your primary. I think showing ANY kind of appreciation for the teachers is a good idea. I think spotlighting teachers is a fun way to do that, mailing them notes, giving them a big candy bar with a cute message or quote attached is also good. Pretty much recognizing the important part they play is a great way to get things moving.

jenny said...

I go back and forth with the nap on SUnday too. I often resort to reading or blogging. I had a TERRIBLE headache yesterday and into this morning. What's up with that?

I am so happy to hear about your primary. I can only imagine how stressful it is to scramble teachers.

Amberly said...

I think I have said "nap hangover" three times in the last week, always thinking it is a good idea and then having a mega headache, I'm so sorry! But proud of you for getting a peaceful family to church almost on time! thanks for visiting my blog today, I'll have to get here more often!

amy gretchen said...

You've got to be careful of those Sunday naps. They get me every time, but you know I still do them and look forward to it the minute I wake up.

I love the idea of spotlighting a teacher, having been one for 9 years, I think it's a great way to show appreciation to them.

Christina said...

what a nap hangover? never heard of such a thing!! thats not good! kidna defeats the purpose im thinking???

well hope your kicking things in gear at your house!