Tuesday, April 17, 2007

SPT Shopping Spree

I had to really think about this one. I like to shop for clothes but seriously 9 times out of 10 I am in between sizes! One pair of jeans is too tight, the other too baggy. One shirt is too low cut (I have small shoulders) and the other too long (short waisted). I get so frustrated when I try to find clothes. And when I do find something I like and can afford it at the time, I buy 3 of the same shirt in different colors. And most people probably think I wear the same jeans everyday. But no, I just have 2 pairs that I rotate! So I wouldn't spend $100 on clothes or one item, I just can't see it happening because it probably wouldn't fit!

{Keli and I. Me looking really up front with tiny her behind me!}

So as far as the challenge is concerned,I know this isn't wardrobe attire but I would 'wear' it everyday. If I had $100 to spend I would spend it on my hair. (Is it strange that a hair stylist I want do that?) I would get highlights at the salon from my good friend Keli. I have given a few of them to myself in the past here at home but it is just so much work and not nearly as fun. I could save the money to get it done but dang it is hard to spend $100 on hair (anyone agree?), especially when it was free for so many years. At least it is for me. Which is funny because I do hair. BUT, I don't charge anywhere near that price and I do a good job (hope that doesn't sound to cocky). So imagine me with great highlights for summer (I used to have them all the time), all sun kissed and no grow out. Wouldn't that be perfect?

So instead I spent the $20 for a cut. A little wind blown in this blurry photo but I love it still.
More challenges here.

18 comments:

Amanda :-) said...

Melanie, your hair looks brilliant! Dear me, you've got a cheeky expression there. What havoc are you planning to wreak with your funky new 'do'? LOL!

I can see why you'd buy 2 pairs of jeans and rotate them if you really like them. I've contemplated buying more than one of knitted tops because I hate pilling, but I can't bring myself to cough up the extra money!

becca said...

What a great post! Your hair looks fantastic! Very cute shot!

Michelle Alley said...

Really cute! I've had that haircut before and loved it! Cute post! I know what you mean about the "in between" sizes - it's a pain!

Anonymous said...

Mel, your hair looks so cute! Defintely worth the $20. I've been missing highlights lately...they are hard to give up. But just to let everyone know, you are the best at cutting and coloring! That's why I'm so lucky to have you as my sister in law. Not the only reason I'm lucky though.

jenny said...

Very sheik. I love your new cut. I always feel fresh when I get that done. Lucky for me next Friday I have an appointment as well. Thank goodness for friends who cut hair right?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you are making me want a haircut! Very cute. Maybe I'll come over. I go to Washington for my haircuts anyway (just Vancouver), but really what's a few more hours? :)

donna said...

WOW how cute. I love it.

Anna said...

Did you mix it up this time! I like it. I make my hair dresser highlight me. She loves to do it! Speaking of haircuts....someones hair is getting rather bush-like!

Laurie said...

I have fitting challenges as well. It drives me batty. And I do the same thing - I rotate between two main pairs of jeans.

Congrats on a grea hair cut for a great price.

amy gretchen said...

It's a perfect fit for you. I must say we have a lot in common. I have multiples of the same jeans and tees.

Brianne said...

I miss having highlights too. You're cut looks great! And speaking of cuts, I was wondering if I could schedule appointments for all of us. We're all pretty desperate of a cut. I don't recall my hair being this long except in a picture from 1st grade!

annalisa said...

I think it is all too appropriate that you'd spend it on your hair. I have the opposite shirt problem: my shoulders are too wide and my length too long so shirts look baggy on my or the cut me under the arm. What would it be like to just be easy to shop for?

Unknown said...

i love this cut! the whole pic is adorable!!

carlo said...

LOVE the cut. so cute!!

yay for blurry photos, as you know you are in good company!! i think yours in not very blurry at all though.

Barb said...

I have a friend who cuts hair in a salon in her house. Her entire extended family gets free cuts, but she has to pay salon prices at her old job when she wants a haircut - unfair! Some things you just can't do for yourself, or maybe shouldn't do for yourself. I wouldn't clean my own teeth (other than brushing and flossing at home!)

Cute new summer 'do!

Diana said...

Love your hair you look so cute!
It is kind of funny that you as a hairstylist would spend money on hair but I think one of the best things about getting your hair done is relaxing in that chair and talking to the girl so I could see why'd you spend the money.

Anonymous said...

That is darling Melanie--so cute. I thought your SPT was funny...it never occurred to me you had to budget it in, too. Your hair is always so fashionable I figured it was magic or something I guess.

Natasha said...

I Love your haircut & wish mine would do that!