
Meet Sunny Cloud...the Pink Talking Pony. Gramimi (Milo's mom) gave Kathryn this pony a few years ago and immediately she 'joined' our family. You know how there are pictures on the ponies bums? Well this one has, you guessed it, a sun and a cloud. Hence the name Sunny Cloud. Kathryn LOVES her! On Sunday when we were visiting Gramimi's house, Kathryn informed us that tomorrow (Mon) was Sunny Cloud's birthday and she was turning 3. She even asked Marion if she were planning on attending the party. What in the world? This party business came out of nowhere and Kat was quite serious about it. Now what does every good grandma do in this occasion? She calls the next day saying that dinner and a party are planned for the birthday girl (Sunny Cloud or Kathryn planning her 1/2 birthday party, I'm not sure which).

So Monday night we had dinner in honor of the pony and the kids decorated cupcakes for Sunny. It was too funny, Kathryn kept asking her what she wanted. And then spent time telling us what she said. Oh what would it be like to be 6 again?

Nathan learned how to ride his bike without training wheels this weekend. I only had heart failure a couple times when I thought he would crash due to wiggly handle bars and the road he kept going out on. It's so funny because his bike is a little too small for him and so his legs pump really fast when he's pedaling. But by Mon night he was feeling all sorts of brave and cool and decided he needed tricks (such a boy). At first he was just taking his feet off the pedals riding down the hill of the driveway telling me that was his new trick. He hasn't learned you don't tell mom about tricks yet. So I tell him to stop. But then a few minutes later I catch him trying to steer with only one hand! I am totally amazed he didn't crash because the bike was all over the place and thankfully he scared himself just a little. I'm not sure if I'm cut out for boys and their antics but I think it's a little too late for that one. Just wish me luck and let Nate know you only try that stuff when I'm not looking!

Dane gets himself around on a scooter. And he tries tricks on that too. You know what most 3 year olds do, he tries to make jumps and then he spins (that's what he says anyway). His bike is broken and his parents haven't taken care of it yet (dang parents). At least he likes the scooter just as much. I think because he can make it go faster than the bike. It's all about speed, even at his age, right? Oh and he loves the skateboard Gramimi got for her house. He flies down the driveway on that as well (photos to come). I'm learning how to relax with these boys but I think it might take their whole life. What do you think?
SPT- Smaller than a deck of cards....
{Now here are old looking hands Donna. At least the photo is kind of dark!}I had thought about
SPT over and over this past week and while I knew many people would choose their wedding ring, I couldn't think of anything else. I loved the tiny treasure in
Jane's post and a few others were so creative but I did not have it in me to think up something unique. So I chose a possible cliche or an expected treasure but I did decide to post my wedding ring. I have had a couple 'scares' in losing it and am so glad I have always found it. I love my ring, I love how Milo tried to trick me that he didn't have it yet when he actually did and I love that one time Nathan asked me if I got it at a yard sale (so sad when the kids know your obsessions).

And lastlly, here is a photo of Milo's car. Such a step up from what he was driving, now I can drive it and not feel like I'm driving inches from the road. Thanks for being a big man in a little car for so long Milo! Cue Chris Farley actions Milo...
14 comments:
I LOVE that a party was had for Sunny Cloud. That made me giggle!
I too hate that boys are more dare devilish than girls. The differences between Jayni & Mason surprise me and Mason, even at this age, scares me more than I'd like. I'm sure Nathan is enjoying his bike even more now.
I love your posts and I'm glad you helped talk me into starting my own blog! I just need you to teach me how to find blogging buddies (that aren't family members) and different ideas to do for my own blog.
Melanie, Your pictures are darling and capture a lot. You're really good with your camera.
I too, love the birthday party and especially that you played along with it.
I love the picture of your SPT and the picture of your hand. I can't help but think you'll love that picture more and more as time goes on. (I also thought Nathan's comment was funny.)
What a wonderful post.
What a fun party you all had. You are such a great mom.
Love your ring and you have very young hands.
Nathan's comment was so cute.
A party for a pony, perfect.
Your ring is beautiful.
that's a lot of goodness in one post.
love the party for sunny cloud.did she name her? i LOVE the names kids come up. i think 1/2 bdays are awesome and we usually use it as an excuse to have a bday cake around here. lol.
love your ring for spt...beautiful.
fun new car.
So sweet to have a party for the pony. Very cool that your little one took off is training wheels. What a milestone.
I love your spt. It was in my mind as well.
oh girl-that cupcake looks so freaking good! why you do that to me!!?? hahah
love the new car--so fun!
how fun to have a big kid now with no training wheels!
great catch up...very cute pictures!
very cute to have a party for sunny cloud. love those moments.
love your ring...i feel the same way!
That picture of Dane is so cute. Why are boys so fearless? That is a very big step when you learn how to ride a bike, good for Nathan.
I love your treasure. Such a small thing signifies so many things. And just for the record, I don't think it looks like you got it at a garage sale. :)
I love that Mom went along and had a party. I wish I could have been there. Can't wait for Milo to take me for a ride in his car. Only a couple more days until we're home for the summer...let the fun begin.
What adorable pictures!! Noelle has birthday's for her favorite dolls also. I love to watch her talk to her dolls, and be tender with them.
Your boys are just too cute, that picture of Dane is so sweet!
big man in a little car-ha ha
Your little girl is so cute I love the impromptu birthday party that is so cute and so girly.
Your hands don't look old at all adn you have a very pretty ring.
Kira got a bike for her birthday on Sunday, she can't really pedal yet so it's mostly us pusing her around.
What a fun mom! A dinner to honor the pony--very impressive. So cute.
You're so funny. Your hands don't look old. Congrats again on the new blue car.
Cute stuff all around, the pony party, the two-wheel riding, the scooter tricks I love it all.
Post a Comment