It feels like this last week has just flown by! I have wanted to post but the need for sleep after being so busy definitely took over. So in my usual fashion of updates, here is a catch up (longer than I intended) of the last week. I have so much more that I could write about but this will have to do. Fo

Kathryn had another performance Friday night at Spring Fest. She did a great job and it is the way we have kicked off our weekend for the last 3 years. Doesn't she look sassy in this photo?

As we were leaving the performance, I took this of Gramimi with 4 of the 7 grandkids (the end two are Nathan and Dane). They looked so cute walking in a line.
{I love this photo, Milo always look so short next to Richard. Really he's not (he's 6'1") but Richard is 6'9" so most anyone looks short next to him!}On Sat Milo played in a 3 on 3 basketball tournament. This was an exciting year because they WON! I didn't get any photos of them actually playing (dang) because for the most part they were done before I could get over there. I stayed by the playground most of the day watching the kids. They ran and played for 5 solid hours. We had to leave before the last game, Dane started throwing up AGAIN!! I'm happy to report that after 3 weeks of on again off again throwing up, I feel we are done! Yeah!!

On Monday we went to Kate's birthday party. I can't believe she is 2! She is so funny, talks a ton and so well for her age. She loves all things Curious George and had the cutest monkey party ever. Good job Heidi, the cake was adorable!

The kids spent most of their day in swimsuits and dirt. They LOVE spending time in the country. They had so much fun with the hose and making 'creeks and rivers'. They were building up mud holes for hours! It wasn't too hot, just perfect. I put sunscreen on the kids at least twice but didn't take into account the fact that they were rubbing it all off with the construction of said mud mountains. GRRR!

This is what I came home and saw on Kathryn's back before she climbed in the tub. Her thighs were just as bad, from sitting on her knees making mud. I felt horrible!! She is so fair skinned and I did not give her skin the attention it needed. So the worst mom of the week award has been given to me. =( Poor girl! Don't worry she told her teacher so everyone knows just how lax I was! That is typical Kathryn too. Filling everyone in on what is going on at our house. The boys were both a little red but NOTHING like this. Thanks heavens.

On the way home from the party we pass Milo's grandma's house. She has the best strawberries! We picked a huge fruit crate full. I froze some whole for smoothies or strawberry shortcake and have just as many to squish up for freezer jam (a favorite at this house).

The kids were filthy! They look forward to picking berries every year.
Dane totally posed for this photo even though I didn't ask him to. He had juice all over his face, his clothes and his shoes (even though he looks somewhat clean here). They did actually pick their share, which was nice. That is until they found a bucket from some other grandkids full of tadpoles. That definitely took their mind off the berries. No picture dang it.

Milo was a good sport and drove out to meet us after he woke up (she lives 25 minutes from town). He has done his share of berry picking through the years I'm sure of it. Luckily he still likes homemade jam better that store bought so he helps pick every year. Thanks Milo!
But our Memorial Day wasn't finished yet. We found out in the morning that Milo's dad finally had a headstone. It has been five years and nothing has been done about it. We always knew once we could afford it we would see to it that he had one. The timing just hasn't been right for that yet but we have thought about it a lot.

The nicest man from their home town (and ward) that has taken the family under his wing saw to it that a headstone was placed this year. They just finished it last week before the holiday and once we found out about it we were anxious to see it. It was not easy to be there, Milo had a rough time, but what an awesome teaching moment for the kids. They take it all in so easy and accept everything with love. I love the way kids think, too bad it gets hard when we become adults. Milo called me on the way home and thanked me for having him meet us and go to the cemetery. I am so thankful to have forever families.
18 comments:
Melanie, I love reading what is up in your world. All of your pictures and the commentary with them make me feel like we're a part.
Poor Katherine. It made me laugh when you said you deserved the worst mom award of the week. You can have this week's award because I've had my share of them and I don't want it.
It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Those strawberries are making me hungry! :) I think I won the same award one year while in California. My son Jake gets burned quite easliy. I thought I totally had him covered with sunscreen. He woke up the following morning with his eyes swollen about shut. I forgot his eyelids!
What a busy week you had. Yummy strawberries. I am so looking forward to cherries season! in a few weeks. OH my that sunburns. Ouch!!! I hope she is feeling ok! Can sleep at night?
Oh my that picture of Katherine's back is frightening, it happens so quickly though. Is she able to sleep okay? Cold noxema is very soothing on sunburns.
I can't believe Milo's brother is 6'9! Good grief, no wonder Milo looks short next to him.
That headstone looks great, how crazy that it took 5 years to get him one. I hope it helped bring some closure.
I gasped a little at the picture of Kathryn's back. I hope she wasn't in too much pain. Ouch.
I love reading your catchups too. It sounds like you guys had a special Memorial Day being at Milo's grandma's and going to the cemetary.
The berry picking looks delicious!
Busy girl! I am like you too busy to post, but sure thinking them up!
That burn on Katherine is so sad!! Lot's of aloe vera for her!
catch up posts are fun! i enjoy them!!
i was thinking, wow didnt realize milo was so short- HELLO! im glad you documented! how funny is that!!
OUCH on kathryns back! i'll be reporting you FOR SURE!! nice to get jills cold noxema tip!!
oh yum strawberries-my girls would be in HEAVEN!!! how nice to have "real ones"!
Time does fly. That is quite a sunburn ouch. Was she naseous from it?
Beautiful headstone. So touching. Glad you had a great week.
p.s. Kathryn looks darling!
How very cool that a ward friend purchased the headstone. I think that is quite touching actually.
Excellent recap post. I found the pics and accounts of your cute clan quite enjoyable.
p.s. I find myself quite jealous of your crate full of berry pickings. So neat.
Your pictures were fabulous!
(except the sunburn one heehee :)
Enjoyed your post.
OHHHH Melanie, that sunburn! I know it's painful for the kids but the mom sure feels it too.
I love the random catch up posts. Ouch on the sunburn, but it happens so quickly sometimes. I hope her back and your heart are feeling better.
The photo of your husband and his brother is hilarious! And, how touching about the headstone.
I read this last week...it must have been the day I was sick and I didn't have energy to write. I love the picture of Kathryn...it's such a perfect shot. What a fun little weekend!
Quite the catch up. It has been nice getting back in touch with you.
I'm so sorry about Katherine's back. It looks like it hurts so much. Tons of aloe. Always saved me.
Sounds like a really nice memorial day.
Fun weekend! I am totally jealous that Grandma is so close to you and that you have tons of freshly picked strawberries!
Your picture of Ken's gravestone was very nice. I'm glad to hear that he finally has one, and it looks really nice!
I love the Families are Forever on the top of the headstone.
Post a Comment