Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cavity Free and Loving It!

Today we made the trek to the dentist (about 75 miles away). The kids were so hyped up before we left I feared making the trip with my sanity in tack when we came home. Leisha (my sil) was so sweet to ride along with me (Thanks Leish!). I LOVED the company and it also ensured I didn't fall asleep on the way home. Definitely a plus.

At the office we go to, the kids get to ring a bell if they are cavity free. We had been sitting there awhile and I knew they should be coming out soon. I heard the bell ring, then another and finally a third. All three kids are cavity free, YEAH! Usually one of them has something to be fixed. I am so out of there for the next 6 months and I love it!

This afternoon has left me feeling tired (I can't quit ywaning!) and lazy. I've been watching the clock until it's time to put the kids to bed. They aren't being bad, I'm just ready to not be on duty. I know that sounds so bad but after a long day, it's just how I feel. Tell me I'm not alone on this one!

15 comments:

Barb said...

Ah, yes. The countdown to bedtime - I've lived it many times!
I love the ring a bell for no cavities idea. I'm going to tell it to my office manager.

Buffy said...

You are not alone at all on the count down. I realized that by dinner time I had been up for 13 hours. I see nothing wrong in the countdown :D. Everyone is tired including mom and that's ok. Mom's need down time too!!

75 miles away to the dentist?? Wow!! Good thing the kids are cavity free. YEAH!!

Laurie said...

No way. 75 miles and cavity free? That's impressive on both counts!

becca said...

75 miles?? That is a long ways! Glad everyone is cavity free! I am with you on the countdown to bed (including my own bedtime!) I am so worn out by 6pm it is all I can think about!!

Christina said...

thats totally how i feel today! they are actually being good..but i find myself ONLY at 11am waiting for 8pm to roll around!! hahha

HOW NICE that they are all cavity free!! im jealous!

Liz said...

Hurray for no cavities!

I hear ya on the bedtime thing. My kids are driving me nuts, because it gets dark sooooo late here they won't go to bed!

jenny said...

That is some serious mileage to the dentist. I am sure it is well worth it. Cavity free is always good news. I dread the day when my kids get one(we have been fortunate thus far).

I have been yawning all day. So bedtime--I hear ya!! I think that is why most of the time I put the kids to bed, then eat my dinner in peace!

Amie said...

I love a cavity free day at the dentist!

I so relate to just wanting to be "off duty." Even when they are good there is that constant checking, listening, etc.

Jill said...

That's quite the trek to the dentist, ours is 2 minutes down the street from us so I guess we're spoiled.

I count down for the kids' bedtime every night, because I want to be off-duty as well. That's normal right?

michelle said...

Wonderful! I hate it when they have cavities and then you have to go back to get them fixed. It's a treat to have 6 months before you have to go back!

Holly said...

I feel like that usually right after dinner! The question is always, Is it time for bed yet!!!

75 miles! Good thing no cavities!!

Unknown said...

Love no cavities. Elise had 8 and we had to put her out to get them filled. Not fun. The drugs took a while to wear off so she felt loopy for a few hours. I made her crawl around so she wouldn't fall into or onto something.
I love the silence of the evening. Being pregnant always made me ready to go to bed at 9. I feel for you.

Anna said...

So proud of the posting action. Way to go on no cavities. Mags goes in August.

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh sweet, i love the dentist i think i would drive anywhere if i had too.

donna said...

Wow you had to go 75 miles! WOW!!!
Cavity free, so cool :) Give me a call when you can.