Milo and I made it home from Las Vegas last night and I could not have been happier to smell and see WA state!! Right when we got off the airplane I smelled a dairy (or something of the sort) and it was open and clear! And the best part was the slight breeze and the 74^ weather!! It was over 100^ the day we got to Vegas and yesterday when we left it was 107^!! How in the world did I used to live there? I am definitely not used to it anymore. We have hot days here but we usually work out way up to them.We had a great couple days with no kids even though I missed them like crazy. My mom told me they were fine, weren't asking for us and to quit calling (I couldn't help it). She trekked the kids to my brother's house and they stayed busy for a couple days.
The first day we were there we shopped like crazy for Milo. He has only been wearing uniforms for the last 8 years and has no professional clothes. It was shirts, pants, socks and shoes for him. Somewhat boring but what he needs to wear now. (He starts as a State Auditor on Mon, more on that later) I was WORN out! I hate not feeling like myself and that I need a nap all the time. I know this phase doesn't last forever but dang it isn't that fun to be on vacation and not feel like you can't get it all in.
The next day we headed to Target. We were both shopping our separate ways when Milo came up to me and was all hyped up asking me who sings the song 'Walking on the Sun'. Mr Music (aka Milo) was at a loss for names of bands when he was starstruck seeing this guy shopping at Target.
That's him on the left. Next time I swear I'll be more brave with my paparazzi skills. I'm so wishing I would have just walked up to him and said something. I'm a wimp.So today was spent cleaning and trying to get back things back in order. Milo heads to work Mon and it's back to real life around here. The past 2 weeks have gone by so fast I feel like my head is spinning. My long catch up post is in the works. I am not giving up with having these important things documented. I figure if I keep saying it, I'll guilt myself into finishing it. It should work...
15 comments:
Great pictures and what a nice getaway! Vegas is fun to go visit and it's fun with your sweetheart because there really are things to do all the time that doesn't include gambling!
All shows are fun when it's you two and no worries about getting home fast for babysitters! Great for you guys!
WELCOME HOME! I'm so glad you're back and had a good time. I wondered how you'd fare pregnant...
Again, so glad you're home.
Vegas is such an interesting place. I've only been once, and it was with my office for a convention. I would have had much more fun with my husband!
I would not be brave enough to approach a celebrity and ask if I could take his picture. My heart would have been pounding even taking a picture from the distance you did it. I think the story is especially funny because you weren't absolutely sure you had a celebrity sighting till you googled!
I for one, am so glad you are back in the county lines. I cant cope with you gone that far away. Im glad you guys got away together, someday I want to do that too! The blown glass flowers are so pretty.
So glad you could have some time away. We are a overdue for that. I need to start planning something.
Welcome Back HOME!!!!!!!
What a wonderful trip you had. Email me you PH# again.
Enjoy your Sunday :)
It looks like you had some great fun!! Someday I want to go to Vegas...but I think you and Milo would have to come too, so that you could be the tour guide. Glad you're home...we need to start getting all our kids together, mine are hating being stuck in the same place.
107 degrees?! That's insane, seriously how do people live there on purpose? I'd die.
I'm glad you had a fun trip away with just you and Milo. It's too bad you were so tired, but at least you weren't wrangling kids in the heat.
I love your sly paparazzi photo, good for you!
I am totally laughing that you were trying to be the Paparazzi. I would have never known it was him either. They are one of our favorite bands.
Is it sad I am dreading that DRY hot weather in a few weeks myself. It's hot here in Texas, but somehow the humidity and breeze doesn't seem as hot.
Glad you had a fun getaway. Good luck to Milo on his first day. Very exciting!!!
I love going to Vegas and seeing all the sites. The Bellagio is amazing, I never tire of seeing the dancing waters. So glad you made it through the week and were able to do so much! Welcome home.
Welcome home, I'm glad to hear that you had fun, even with the pregnancy side effects.
I love your picture of SmashMouth's lead singer. At first when I saw the picture I thought you had put it there by accident. After I read the explaination it made me laugh! You'd make a good paparazzi. ;)
oh fun getaway!! WOW you got to see phantom!! JEALOUS! i saw it in SF..i'd love to see it in vegas!!
too funny about the paparazzi!!! i'd probably be a wimp too..
What a fun trip for the two of you! It is always nice to just "get away". I hear you on not feeling yourself and always needing to lay down. I feel like I just cannot catch up on the house stuff that needs to get done...so hard, but like you said, this phase should end soon!
love the vegas pics. i have never been- can't believe it but it is true!
yay for your mom babysitting...
I've never really been to Vegas, only passed through. Looks like you guys had fun -- can't believe you saw the Smashmouth singer! Too funny.
Post a Comment