I'm finally getting to this post of updates! All of it overdue but at least I'm finishing it. Even if it is the short version (kind of).
Sat June 9thWe got up and ready early because today was the day Milo was graduating!! I was beyond worn out but excited at the same time. It started raining when we were halfway there (about an hour away) and it didn't let up until right before the graduation started. Thank heavens it did because we had a park reserved for a family picnic afterwards and I was starting to get worried.

We didn't get there early enough to get actual seats and at first we thought that was going to be horrible but it ended up perfect because then we were able to see Milo the whole time (and the kids weren't confined to one seat). Even the kids could see him walk by. I was pretty close to crying the whole time but when they read his name I just lost it. In a happy way that is. I just can't believe all we have been through the last 6 years and that he is finished!! I love this photo of him, he looks just as happy to be finished as I was for him. I am so proud of you Milo! Thank you, thank you!!

Heidi suggested the kissing picture, thanks Heidi, I love it. It shows just how I felt- so happy, so proud, so relieved and so in love with him for sticking it out when more than once we both wanted to quit.

A rain soaked family! (My hair shows it too, flat city!) I always forget how short I look next to Milo. And then I always wonder if I was standing in a rut. I'm hoping someone will back me up, I think I was standing a little downhill in this one (maybe not).
{Milo's mom and three sisters}
We went to a local park and had a great picnic with lots of family there and of course I didn't take near enough photos of everyone. Lots of photos, just not everyone that was there. Around 30 people made the drive over the celebrate, we were so happy to have everyone there. We had WAY, WAY too much food. Most of it desserts, who doesn't love too many desserts? Not that having too much of the other food is a bad thing either, there was just tons of left overs. We all had Sunday dinner ready for the next day. (And that is a good thing!)

How in the world did my 3 nephews and my niece get to be so big and old? Micheal almost 18, Chad almost 16, Jared 14, Madison 13. I felt older that afternoon, that's for sure. The kids had a blast with their older cousins. They wear them out and I LOVE it!
Sun June 10thWe went and spent some time with Milo's family and siblings. They had a get together to say thanks to those that paid for the headstone for his dad. It was hard and great all at the same time. I'm pretty sure almost everyone there had some tears in their eyes {ahem, some of us (me) more than others} and I felt like for a few people it might have been a healing time. I hope so anyway.

10 of the 14 siblings that are living. Yeah, you read that right. I think I've explained it before but there is a crowd when these guys get together. Missing Tyler, Jason, Amanda, and Malissa. I was so tired from graduation the day before and all the driving around the countryside but it was all worth it.

And in usual sibling fashion, the annoying one usually ends up getting picked on. This time it was Carter (It's him a lot right now, he's a 12 yr old boy. Isn't that enough said?) He was being so obnoxious during the photo taking session (with 4 cameras) that everyone wanted to thump him. I think Milo, Ryan and Calvin did. Shaila, did you?
Mon June 11thKathryn had kindergarten graduation. I didn't stop the tradition of crying at all three family graduations this year. (preschool, college and we finished it out on hers.) I just can't believe that she has gotten so big, how far we have come in the last 3 years.

They boys would not cooperate for a whole family shot. I can't say that I blame them. We had been doing them all weekend!

With her grandmas. She loves them both dearly. And always has hugs and kisses for them.

Jayni loved the graduation. She sang along when they sang the ABC's. She danced when the song had a beat and wanted to sit right by Kathryn. I love this photo of them. Kathryn felt so important with her white flowers. I'm glad it was a fun day for her too.
18 comments:
I loved your catch up post. That red graduation attire is so sharp. Doug has always worn black or dark blue.
I too think the kissing picture is great and so sweet! HOw fun to have all the siblings there for such a grand occasion!!
How was Milo's first day?
What great pictures and narration. Milo looks so handsome and I love your kissing photo. Katherine looks so cute with her grandmas, too.
I love your catch up posts.
What a happy update. Congrats on all these milestones.
You guys have had so much going on. It is fun to see a few pictures of all of it. Congratulations on all of your graduations!
Wow thanks so much for catching us up. You had one busy week girl. WOW what a big family you have :)
I also agree with Jenny, I think the kissing picture is so sweet!
What a great weekend. I am so happy for you that you are done! THat really is amazing.
Love all the photos. You guys do have a big crowd.
ouch that photo looks painful!! poor guy!! guess he deserved it thought right! hahha
wow lots have happened to your sweet family in such a short time! all these graduations at once-i'd be a bawling mess!!
cute kissing photo!! and holy cow thats a lot of siblings!
What fun times...Milo looks great in his cap and gown. I'm very proud of him! Heidi was right, the kissing picture is cute...even if it is my bro. The pic of me at the picnic is obnoxious. I can't be normal. Oh well, fun times!!
Glad you got all caught up on our blog. Cant believe how busy you guys have been. Im very proud of Milo (and you)for sticking it out. I remember how hard it was for us. We need a little girl's outing now that Milo has normal hours! Please-Milo, we love you!
Wow! Lots of occasions for happy tears -- what a wonderful weekend! Congratulations! Hope it's all going well with the new job.
I loved this post! Congratulations on Milo's graduation. What a great accomplishment. I am excited for this new time in your lives.
Way to go Melanie- you got your update post done! It was fun to read about all the graduations and family events. You guys have been busy! Hope you have a relaxing rest of the month. :)
This is a great catch-up post, you've had so many big things going on PLUS being pregnant, no wonder you're weary!
I love that first graduation picture of Milo, he looks great and the sea of people behind him looks pretty cool. What a great accomplishment!
happy graduation! that is awesome!!
love the pics-- you can see the happiness!
Such cute photos. Congrats to Milo, I am sure you've been waiting for this day for a long time. Hope you are feeling well.
14 siblings!!! Great catch up posts!
What great accomplishments! Fun pictures, too! My hubby and I have a similar one at his Law School Graduation where he's kissing my pregnant tummy!
I love kissing photos! I'm glad you did that. Congratulations to all of you -- graduations are huge milestones and represent so much time and effort! Very cute to see Kathryn with her flowers.
Post a Comment