Monday, July 16, 2007

He Might Hate Me and Other Updates

Yesterday with the Dane was NOT easy! Why do Sundays have to be so hard? It started in the morning at breakfast. Milo was getting the kids fed while I lazily woke up in bed alone (Thanks Milo!). Dane was losing it all over the place bawling and crying telling Milo he didn't want to go to church. That is was boring, too long and he didn't want to sit still. WHAT?! I mean he isn't even 4 yet! Shouldn't this type of behavior be left for cranky 10 yr olds or moody teenagers? During sacrament meeting he hit the other kids, made us move all over the bench to whatever his liking was at the time and screamed when I went out to the bathroom.

Oh and it didn't end there. I had sharing time and he was horrible. Getting up out of his seat and crying for me. I wish I could blame it on him not feeling well but there has been no indication of him getting sick. His teacher was trying to be hard core by making him sit in his seat but even that was stressing me out. I lost it and marched him into Milo's class. Which wasn't really a punishment since he hates opening exercises. I feel at a loss as to how best to motivate him at this age. We have made bribes, threats and given discipline. I guess this kid is just his own and will have nothing of anything else. I mean I know he is his own but how in the world can he already hate church? We haven't even gotten to the stage of taking away his snacks so I'm guessing it could be even worse down the road? UGH!

The good news is that I am feeling like a functioning human again! I have felt so much better after getting rehydrated last week. I knew I was sick but I had myself convinced that I was going to get better in a day or two. I'm so happy not to be dreading each day like I was . And to feel happy about the future of this pregnancy means a lot to me (as it should). I'm 15 weeks today and I go back and forth with the time going fast and then slow. Typical.



We finished swimming lessons on Thursday and I couldn't be happier about that either. It has been so hot here (and everywhere I think) and I did not enjoy sitting in the heat. Both big kids passed their sections and are swimming like fish. They both were brave enough to jump off the low dive with no life jackets. Good thing their teacher was right there, I was about to have a heart attack.

Nathan (dead center in his photo) takes it a little safer and just kind of walks off the edge. He always want to go off of it but no bouncing on the board for him. He likes to take calculated risks. Just like his mom.

Kathryn (all the way in the top corner of her photo) is all over the place jumping really far out, bouncing off the board and doing a cannon ball. The girl cracks me up! I would have never been that brave at 6. Who am I kidding, I still wont jump off the board like that and I'm pushing 32!

I have some Good Mail to post about but really want this to get posted and plan on posting about it later. Thanks so much for all the well wishes, the cards and sweet books. All of it, SO sweet!

8 comments:

donna said...

Sorry about your Sunday. OH my, I have been there girl. It is never fun. Just stay strong and don’t give in. I know it is hard. But it will work.


That is so great that you were able to take the kids swimming. Last week was so hot here. Oh I felt like I was back in AZ!

Sounds like you are feeling better. Remember what my card said. Gils lunch!!!! My treat.
Oh my parents are coming up this Saturday They will be here for a week. We will have to go after they leave.
Have a great day my friend :)

Anonymous said...

Malcolm does that sometimes too. I think they have moods just like we do. Sometimes we don't feel like going to church either...am I right!

Great pictures capturing Kathryn and Nathan. Swimming lessons are great, and the heats not so bad when you're actually in the water!!

becca said...

I am so GLAD to hear you are feeling better! What a relief for you, and it should only get better from here on out right!?

I have to teach sharing time this coming Sunday and I am so nervous about it...the one thing I HATE about being a primary teacher is having to do sharing time! At least it will be over by this time next week right?!

Melinda said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Yea for you.

My Cameron hates going to church and it is really hard at times. I just tell him what weekly acivities he is going to miss out on if he misses his class. It is so frustrating.

I love the pictures of swim lessons. We just started today. Fun times.

Natasha said...

I wish I could get my kids to do that in the pool!!

Robyn said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Those first weeks can go on forever sometimes. I think that it's harder when you already have a couple of kids too b/c you can't just relax when you don't feel well, you still have to be the mom. Hang in there!

michelle said...

You know what? 3 year olds are just hard. Both of my boys said they didn't want to go to church at that age and were very difficult to handle there, and other places as well! This too shall pass... this too shall pass...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, what an ordeal!

Anna said...

Kat is such a crazy little thing. Sorry Dane was being acting so 3 yr oldish. We all have to have an off Sunday.