I have pretty much been non-existent this past week and it hasn't been for any fun reason. I thought I had gotten through the sick phase but this last week I just could not get a handle on it. I hate feeling as sick as I have the last week, it just ISN'T me. I spent a couple, three (who knows now) days in bed only getting up to change the channel for the kids or get them food. The mother guilt reached a whole new level.Yesterday I went to my appointment and I was extremely dehydrated not to mention nauseous and throwing up off and on for it seemed like eternity. I had lost another 4 pounds and when she asked about it I started bawling. I hate bawling at the doctor! Luckily we found some humor. I told the nurse to warn the doctor she had a bawling mess on her hands in room 1 so she wouldn't be caught off guard. All you can do is laugh at that point right? She wanted me to stay and have 2 IV bags of fluid and some anti-nausea medicine. I pretty much lost it and was bawling again. I knew it wasn't the end of the world and I would feel better afterwards but it just felt like a crushing blow. Like I didn't even know how to take care of myself (I didn't really). I know that sounds dramatic but it is exactly how I felt.
I have the best family too. They saved the day when I had to stay at the doctor longer than anticipated. Anna was coming over for a haircut and to watch my kids while I went to the doctor (planned for a few days). I really didn't feel that bad to cut her hair, it was only after I started to cry when I was sweeping up. What is UP with all the hormones?! She willingly watched the kids when I left. Thanks Anna!!
When I learned I couldn't drive home from the DR's office I called Marion (bawling no less) and asked her if she could leave work to get the kids from Anna (she had errands to run) and watch them. She did not hesitate for even one second and left work to come and get them. She says gladly left work, no twisting her arm for that one. Thanks Marion!!
Then I called Milo to tell him that he could stay at work a little longer because the IV's would take a little while. No dice, he was already in the car. He stopped at home, got his book and was ready to sit in silence (hard for him since he is a pacer) while I wigged out about how long it was taking to get the fluid in. I just wanted my bed! When we got home I went right to bed and took a nap. Thanks for sticking close to me Milo and watching my fluid intake.
I must say last night I still didn't feel very good but this morning I feel TONS better. I guess it's amazing what a little (or a lot) of fluid will do for your body. Shaila took my older kids to swimming lessons this morning so I didn't hate to sit in the heat. Thanks Shaila!! Already today I made up with my vacuum (it's been sad because of non use) and we bonded today. I have no idea how long it's been but my floor has been thanking me ever since. I feel quite accomplished too. It's the little things right now, ha! I've become the carpet Nazi and keep telling the kids to get that off the floor. I'm sure I'll chill by the afternoon.
So with the new medicine that the doctor gave me I hope to start feeling human again. If today is any indication then I am on my way! Thanks for all the concern on my where abouts, I miss all of you too! I have been in bed before 9 way to often for my liking this last week. I hope to get all caught up on blogs and life REAL soon!
18 comments:
Oh dear. Do you always get this sick? I am so glad you have people so willing to help out.
I hope you really are on the mend.
I can totally relate to being an emotional mess and being the vacuum/carpet nazi.... although I don't have a good excuse.
Oh my!! I have been thinking about you. I am so sorry you are so sick my sweet friend. I wished I live closer. I would come and help out. I hope you feel better soon! Take care. Big hugs Donna
I am glad you got taken care of. Hope you can take it easy and find time to take care of yourself. I know that is so hard to do.
Wow! Sounds like you were totally side swiped by this! So glad that you are feeling a bit better. IV's do wonders! - had to laugh about the bonding with your vacuum.
Hope you are on the mend!
Oh my...so sorry to hear about your sickness. I'm a lose it all bawling type as well when I'm that physically drained. What wonderful people you are surrounded by!
I thought you were just enjoying your summer - so sorry to hear you have been feeling so bad - and IV bags!! Thank heaven for great family & friends - feel better!
Pregnancy hormones are kind of hilarious when you're not the one experiencing them. I'm sorry you're on this roller coaster of emotion and are feeling so sick, but it's wonderful that your family is stepping in to help you out. I hope you get back to normal soon. (Clearly bonding with your vacuum is a good sign.)
Oh no! I'm so sorry you are this sick! I hope the meds continue to work and make sure you drink, drink, drink!! Take care of yourself!
Oh, Melanie, this just makes me want to cry for you! I can't believe how sick you are, to be so dehydrated?? You poor girl! I hope the medication does its job and that you are able to bounce back a little. It is so hard to feel so bad and just watch your house fall apart! I am thinking of you!
what in the world?? your post was so comical..thanks for the laughs today from your hormones!
bonding with the vacuum totally made me laugh! why does that bring us SO much joy! i think cuz its instant smiles?!?!
i hope you keep staying better..and thank goodness for remotes!
Wow. That is some serious sickness! So sorry it got to that point and that you have been feeling so awful. I can totally understand about feeling the worst about not being able to take care of yourself and everyone else. Just remind yourself that these are extreme circumstances and that you are not really the one in control! Damn hormones. I hope you are feeling more like yourself every day!
I am so sorry that you have been sooo sick! That has got to be so hard. I hope the medicine works and you can start feeling normal again. Good luck!
Dang it! It's tough when the woman of the house is down and out! I'm sorry. Sounds miserable, but gld to hear you are recovering! Hope things only go up from here!
oh, i can totally sympathize! when i was pregnant with jack, i ended up in the emergency room, totally dehydrated and with a migraine.
i remember finding it so amusing that once the fluids started kicking in through my IV, i kept having to wheel my IV pole into the bathroom!!
not fun memories, but glad you got what you needed into your system! feel better.
Melanie, please don't hesitate to call me if you need help! Either myself or Brittany.....or even Matt can help out in a pinch. We're always home and willing. Hope you're feeling better soon. Congrats on meeting your carpet again!
I'm with Becca - I could cry for you. In my case, I can relate to being so sick from pregnancy for quite a ways into it. It's rough. There's just nothing easy about it. I can totally relate to being a bawling mess to the doctor too. It's so embarrassing and yet so unavoidable in times like that. I'm SOOOO sorry. THis is actually why I've been really struggling lately - I wonder how I will be able to manage when I am pregnancy sick and have my two active, challenging boys. It weighs heavily on me. I'm so glad you have family and friends nearby. My prayers are with you!
I hope that the new medicine is working for you! I am so sorry that your having to go thru this.
Oh poor you!! I am glad you are feeling better and hope you don't have to go through that anymore. I cry like crazy when I am prego--you aren't abnormal :)
Post a Comment