Today was a busy wear em out kind of day. It started early and just now I have all the kids in bed. They were WORN out! We had a sibling reunion with 14 of Milo's siblings (all the living ones on his dad's side). Shaila did a great job of getting the ball rolling so that they could all be together. We had a great time (posting and pictures to follow tomorrow) and in between the comings and goings of the day, this was found on our doorstep.

DINNER!! I thought at first it was from a dear neighbor but no, it was from a few dear friends! Homemade meatballs, rolls, red potatoes and fresh green beans and zucchini (all veggies from
her garden I'm sure) and the best chocolate chip cookies (mysteriously they are missing...they are almost gone!). Wait there's more. Bubbles for the kids, a baby boy sucker and a sweet, sweet card for me. The kids were so shocked that someone else knew we were having a boy and knew to give me a blue sucker. They knew that whoever sent it must be a friend because to them, that's who knows about the boy in my tummy. They are so funny.
So to my dear friends...
-Thank you for taking time out for my family to prepare all of this in advance. The bubbles were a huge hit! (Dane took his in the tub after a filthy family picnic at the park)
-Thanks for your encouraging words, on such a busy day the gratitude was overwhelming and I of course, cried.
-All three of you set examples for me and
Dear Friend, I hope to teach my children the same values you have taught yours over and over. Especially the importance of service. What a gift for them.
I want to post some great quote on friendship or service but honestly I'm just too tired (don't be offended friend). I'll be back tomorrow, I want to post about the family picnic. And maybe by writing it I'll stick to it!
17 comments:
How fantastic to receive such a labor of love from a friend! She KNOWS! She really knows what to do! That NJP must be amazing! How wonderful!
Melanie, we're so glad it came at a good time :) We love and appreciate you.
Jane, Cali and Ande
how fun!! dinner at the door-so jealous!!
What a lovely surprise to find on your doorstep!
That is so great they thought of you!!! What a great treat.
Wow that is so great. How sweet to have friends like that :) What a wonderful surprise.
Wow you never told me about this nice surprise. How sweet.
What a great surprise. I'd be happy to find that any day, but especially when tired and pregnant. That Jane!!
That meal sounds so delicious.
I hope you have a great week with more wonderful surprises. Hang in there - I'm thinking of how tough you ladies are who are taking care of multiple kids + are pregnant. You're tough!
What a nice surprise.
How nice! It sounds like you have some wonderful friends!
What a nice surprise to come home to!
How wonderful! It has to be such a great feeling to know that your loved, and thought of by your special friends.
Hi, Mel...miss you! Glad to hear you are hanging in there and have wonderful friends to take care of you. Let's "do lunch" once the kids are in school...my treat! Give me a call when you're ready.
That is such a happy story. And so great when you really need it. I am glad you have her friendship.
What great timing! A bounty from the garden and homemade cookies? And rolls? What could be better -- especially when you are worn out! I love that Jane.
What a sweet surprise! I'm always so impressed with Jane -- amazing! What a lucky girl you are to be her "neighbor" for real!
Post a Comment