
Here are some random photos from our time at the good ole county fair. Don't you love the redneck mister in the above photo? It cracked my mom up, she just had to have a picture of it. It is so carny, so dirty, so full of hicks and good food (that is so bad for you) but I somehow seem to make it out there every year. I guess we sort of have to since Kathryn clogs but even if she didn't I'm sure someone would talk me into going. So she isn't all ringlets and curls for the sights of the fair, she was dancing. (Just for the record)

We took a trip through the pig barn and I was proud of myself for walking the entire way through it. It isn't huge but it IS stinky! Milo was a shower of pigs in his FFA days so he always tells the kids what kind of pig he raised and they think he is such a cool dad. No I never had a pet pig in Las Vegas!

The boys and Kate walking out of one of the barns. They would have walked through every single one, we just told them some animals were sleeping. Shhh, don't tell them we weren't totally truthful. OK, we were totally lying but how much can stink can two pregnant girls (both Heidi and I) handle?
We let the kids choose 3 rides to go on. At first they were like, yeah that's ok. We don't care that it isn't a lot of rides. It wasn't that way after the 3 rides were up but we tricked them with food and the only tears shed were from Dane (no surprise there).

Nathan and his ten gallon. He wanted to wear all cowboy clothes and be Tim McGraw again but he has grown too big for his 'cowboy' pants (a pair of Levi's with stitching on the pocket) and the 'cowboy' shirts he likes (anything plaid) are all long sleeve. Luckily I talked him out of it and he went comfort and hat all the way. Funny kid.

They were so funny on this ride. At first I think Nathan wanted to back out, it was a little outside his comfort zone but after a few seconds he was totally into it. It was a dragon that swung back and forth really high. Being the annoying mom that I am (only sometimes) I was worried their seat belts weren't on tight enough. So instead of freaking out, I asked mom and Heidi to watch them and I went to see Dane on the airplane. But Nathan was screaming so loud I knew he was fine, he can be really loud!

The dragon was definitely not what Dane wanted to ride so he chose this plane. Then of course some crying ensued when after all he DID want to go on the dragon. Only an almost 4 yr old would change their mind and mood that fast!

Kathryn on her motorcycle. She quickly made a beeline for the purple bike. For her, it's all about color and fashion.

Kate was so funny on this ride. She was just big enough to ride but stayed on the entire time....

...by only her little toes! They were white by the end of it, she was sort of slipping off the one side. Good thing she stuck it out. Kyle asked her if she wanted to go on them again and she said, 'No, No, No, No!' Too funny, she wasn't going to push her luck more than once I guess.

Dane always has to choose something with blue on it. He knew he wanted this bike (note his plane is blue too).
I'm annoyed that I have no pictures on Milo, Kyle, Heidi, my mom or myself. How's that for only knowing that the kids went to the county fair. We saw some *interesting* individuals and had fun just being together. One of those things about the fair I find every year is that I look forward to it, go to it, forget what I was looking forward to when I get there and am glad to send it off for another year.
13 comments:
That looks like the same fair we have here. It is the same as yours and at first I hated going but now the kids love it so much and they do have really good scones. Thankfully we have no animals to see but there are enough smokers to ruin the smell.
LOve the fair pictures. I think that is so cute that Nathan what to look like Tim McGraw. Tim & Nathan are both cuties :)
Kathryn hair looks so cute.
We are going to the fair today, to ride on all the rides that make me sick and eat bunch of food that makes me sick. What fun day we will have. I will-call to next week. We need to plan our lunch date :)
fair workers creep me out! atleast the ones here! we dont really hit any of them..you get the mom award for going!!!
Melanie, that first picture where Kat is hanging over the pen makes it look so funny--like the pig is wearing curls.
I wish you'd have gotten some pictures of the rest of you, too.
I missed you at the ballgame the other night--Milo did great.
Looks like it was super fun! The pigs look so pink and cute!
Looks like so much fun! I have a problem with stinky animals, but I try to get over it for the sake of the kids sometimes! Looks like they all had a blast and I love Kathryn's hair!
I am cracking up at the ladder. Hmm I need one of those.
Love the cowboy hat so cute! And Kat's hair is DARLING :)
YOUR KIDS ARE SO ADORABLE. DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO THE FAIR EVERY YEAR BEING FROM VEGAS. MY FRIENDS TRY AND GET ME TO GO EVERY YEAR, AND EVERY YEAR I DECLINE. GROWING UP IN SEATTLE I'M NOT USED TO WALKING AROUND IN HAY SMELLING THE MIXTURE OF ANIMALS, BODY ODOR, AND FATTY FOODS IN THE AIR. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD FUN. WHAT A GOOD MOM YOU ARE.
I am amazed you made it through the pigs also being PG.
I agree with Angie, your kids are adorable. Jared, the kids, and I aren't fairgoers, I guess. We went this year and Kaiya fell asleep from boredom. Carson didn't want to look at the animals (fine by us). We ate food, went on a few rides, and then Carson asked to go home!
I love that photo of Kathryn and the pigs. She looks like an old fashioned farm girl from a movie or something. So cute!
This looks and sounds like the best day ever for the kids!
You need become addicted to self-portraits so that you and Miles and your mom will appear on your blog more often.
I love the photos, especially the one of your niece (?) holding on by her toes! Those Walmart shoes are my favorite. I think your little ones are brave to go on that dragon ride! And you are most definitely brave to walk through smelly barns.
Post a Comment