I know, the title is just plain gross. I wish I had taken a picture of my failed attempt at food today. It's what I had to feed my kids (and sadly me) for lunch. I started the pasta and then came over here to blog...for just a minute or two. Yeah, right! I have been SO out of the loop the last 2 weeks. I have MANY blogs and posts to catch up on! My mom just left last night and we we're always sad to see her go. But I'm sure after being mauled by grandkids for 2 weeks she is ready for her peace and quiet. We love having her here but it is an adjustment to having just plain old mom around. The kids know Grandmas are much easier to work over than me. It's crazy to think that next time we see her, we will be really close to having a new baby in this house. Yikes, so much to do!
Today I was so tired. By about 130 I couldn't keep my eyes open. I attempted a nap (which the kids derailed) and then spent the afternoon in a grumpy mood. Blech, I hate feeling grumpy. I was able to pull out of it, we went up to Marion's and made dinner together. Brianne, Shaila and kids are in town for the week including Tyler (a sibling that lives in CA). He's 15 and loves to play with the kids. He effectively wore them out after a big pasta dinner and they are all in bed. Oh the end of a hard day... the best part, that it is actually ending! Here's to tomorrow and getting caught up on reading, commenting and posting. (No small feat!)
16 comments:
oh my the moments of being pregnant...hope you feel up and better...congratulations on knowing it is going to be a little boy!
Congratulations! Welcome to my world! 3 boys 1 girl - I hope you get some rest - it is always so nice to have grandma over, but always also nice to have them go - they do tend to give the kids more sympathy than we do don't they?
Well, I suppose we'll be no different when it is our turn! Have a great day!
I am so behind in blogworld too. I have been posting but not keeping up very well with everyone else. Once school starts....
I hate the feeling of company leaving. I also hate feeling grumpy. I hope you are back on top today.
It is painful to hit that mid afternoon slump when you so need a nap and can't. I hope that things are better when school starts. Congrats on your little boy! You know, I am partial to boys! :-)
COngrats on having a boy!! they are so fun and much easier than girls. I vote that the baby will look like you.
I am totaly out of the loop with blogging. It is really hard during the summer and everyone is which way.
I love when my mom comes to stay with us. IT isn't enough but i will take what I can get.
oh mom was in town-thats why the no posting--
i SO hear you on feeling bad for feeling grumpy!! i get that way too..chocolate tends to help..or diet coke for others!!
when do your kids start school!??!
That's great that Tyler is up there visiting. I just saw him on Sunday at his Eagle court of honor.
I love afternoon naps. Thankfully Chance is still taking a couple naps a day so I can sneak one in at the same time. Hopefully once school starts things will calm down during the day for you!
I think pregnant women should get naps every day no matter what, you are making a person after all! A derailed nap and mushy mac-n-cheese is a pretty sad state of affairs.
There is just nothing like pregnant-tired. Hopefully you can get in some naps when school starts!
let me know when you want to have lunch. Call me :)
Im glad you are back to the land of the living as far as you morning sickness goes. Im sad for you that your mama left. She is a kick!
I hate the sooo tired you can't function feeling. I love naps, I'd take more if I trusted my kids to not destroy things. I'm sure with Dane, you know exactly what I mean.
The tired pregnant afternoons are the worst. I hope you get your energy back soon.
I have been wondering where you have been. I have done my fair share of mushy mac and cheese makings. (oh and the blogging for just a minute as well)
It's hard to keep up blogging, especially when you have been away for a bit. Glad your back!
I can't tell you how many grilled cheese sandwiches I have burned because I'm just going to run downstairs for a quick second and get on the computer. Because it takes like 10 minutes to grill each side,w which feels like 20 if your are standing there waiting for it, but when you leave for what feels like 2, the smoke alarm is threatening to go off. I have yet to get that balance right :).
YES! The best part about a hard day is the ending! So glad we are on a 24-hour cycle.
Post a Comment