Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Crazy! And a Birthday.

That's the word that best describes that last few days. Or a better term would be Crazy Busy. We had an adult dinner for Milo's mom (good food, good company) on Thurs. I like having adult dinners once in a while. I don't mind taking the kids, for the most part they have good restaurant manners but good food with a break from whining is always a nice touch. In my book at least.

Friday is pretty much a blur (seriously I can't remember what went on). Saturday we had our primary program practice from 10-12 and ended it with a pizza party. It was (again) crazy! We had a good turn out but the kids were nuts. It definitely made us a little nervous for Sunday.

After the practice we met family at the park for a picnic. It definitely looked warm enough and at first felt warm enough but, it was a little chilly for us adults. Of course the kids didn't care that they had red noses that were starting to run, or that their hands were ice. They loved being together with cousins and jumping in the leaves. Thanks for the photos Shaila! I had forgotten my camera at home with only the program on my mind!

Kathryn was serious business about scooping the leaves together. Too bad Dane didn't feel like she did. Before she was ready he would jump in them and flatten her whole pile. It was not making her very happy. Luckily we got her to relax and she started throwing them all over the place. I love fall time for this very reason, the leaves all over the ground.

Saturday night we had a surprise party for Milo's mom. It was birthday weekend for her and so fun. Milo and Brianne made her this crate paper wall to break through when she came in from the garage. The kids thought it was so hilarious and they loved screaming 'Surprise'.

Our program went really well on Sunday. We had some kids not show up (not shocking) and only a couple last minute seating changes (for reverence). I'm so glad it's over for a whole year. Already, I'm really excited for next year's theme, I Am a Child of God. Back to some of the basic older songs some kids don't know anymore. I love the classic primary songs.

I went to my regular check up today and everything is just as expected. Still pregnant, baby still great and still gaining weight, =). I start the every 2 week appointments now. I just have to say it again, CRAZY! I can't believe that time is going this fast. The holiday seasons always go fast. I'm getting a bit nervous with all that I have to do and get ready for but most of the time I work best under pressure and with a time line. Let's hope that the trend continues for the rest of this year too!

Happy Birthday Shaila!!!
Today is my sister in law Shaila's birthday. She had the saddest thing happen last week. She accidentally deleted her whole blog!!! Oh I would have cried! She held it together and was able to find some of her posts through Google. Just so everyone knows, Blogger and Google are really, really connected and your blog will be gone if you are not careful with your Google account. Oh and if this does happen to you, she can help you find some of your most recent posts.

A few things about Shaila....
---She loves being a mother and she's a great one for her 2 boys.
---She used to be a 911 dispatcher and loved it!
---She loves babies and is expecting her 3 boy exactly 4 weeks behind me.
---She is a faithful walker, even in her cold weather town.
---She makes homemade bread, breadsticks and rolls (yum!).
---And cooks dinner every night (that I know of)
---She had a tender heart and loves her family with everything, extended and all.
---She has the cutest nickname...Lou. Shalia Lou. (even my mom calls her Lou now. so funny.)
---The kids call her Auntie Lou.
---She has thick, thick hair that she always makes look so cute. I love her hair.
---People think we look more alike than her and Milo.
---She is one of the cutest pregnant women around. Check her out at 26 weeks.
---She's a great friend!
Love you Lou, have a fabulous birthday!!

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

It's so fun to hear what's going on in your world, Melanie.

Happy Birthday to Shaila, I've always admired her from afar.

Every two weeks? Zowie. That means it's getting serious!

Bond Girl 007 said...

what a nice relationship with your belle soeur...Oh man...I am soo sad about her blog...makes me want to print mine...hey, that might be a good idea, to print once a week....that way it doesn't seem a lot to do...wow. She does look cute. Hey do you know what you are having? a little boy or girl?

Shaila Lou said...

Thanks Mel...way better then a hallmark card. It was chocking me up. I'm thankful to have you as such a good friend, although we don't talk as much since I live afar.

I'm so jealous that your starting to go every 2 weeks. I'm anxious to be done, just because I don't want to get bigger or more uncomfortable. Good point about the holidays. That should make these next few months fly by!!

Laurie said...

Darling sister in law you have! Good to know about the blog situation - not fun!