Thursday, October 18, 2007

How?


How did it get to be a whole week without posting? I've read on three blogs now (Hannah, Jessie and Amie) about the lack of happenings and the privacy issue that has lead to my lack of blogging. It gets worse because I haven't used my camera since the jog-a-thon last week. What, a whole week with no pictures?? Not ok! I didn't not want a photo on this post so here is one out my window on the visit to baby Preston a couple weeks ago. We told the kids it's called 'Stump Lake' although I know that isn't the real name (anyone from here know what it is?). Random I know, but I've always thought it looked cool. And it's a photo for my post. Two for one.

I have been wanting to post a couple kid funnies because I am the worst at forgetting how funny your kids can be. One is a touch gross but thankfully I have no photos of documentation.

Last night Dane was a little out of sorts so I put him in the tub to unwind. It usually does the trick. I was on the computer (right next to the bathroom door) while he talked to himself and played with a couple toys. He was unwinding nicely and I was blogging, what could be better? I heard him in there creating a Hillbilly Bubble Bath (passing much gas) and thought to myself, he must have a tummy ache. I bet this bath is doing him some good. Not more than a minute later, he stands up and loudly declares in total disgust....

'I didn't know I was pooping in the tub!' What?! What?! I go in there and before I can even say anything, he starts to cry. I felt so bad for him, he was not happy with himself and I'm sure totally embarrassed. I get him out of the tub and let it drain so I can scrub the thing clean and get him back in it. When all the water was out he said, 'That is so gross! There's a lot of poop in there!' Thanks Dane, it was something I noticed too! (see I told you a touch gross)

After school today Nathan came up to me really serious and said he had something to tell me.

Nate- 'I know three things. Head. Thorax. Abdomen.'
Me- 'Are you learning about bugs right now?'
N- 'Yes. But mostly just the Head. Thorax. Abdomen.'
Me- 'Ok then.'

2 minutes later...
N- 'My friend Katie had her abdomen out.'
Me- 'Do you mean her appendix?'
N 'No she had her abdomen out. I know it was her abdomen mom. I think it hurt when she had it done.'
(There was no convincing him of the appendix. Too funny.)

I've decided having a kid in kindergarten is fun. He can switch from being overly silly to dead serious in a matter of seconds. One of my favorite things with him right now is how he wants to share his knowledge. On Mon, we were having FHE and right after we said the prayer he says (with no warning this time).... 'North America, South America, Asia, Australia, Africa, Antarctica, Europe. I know my continents.' Milo and I stifled our laugh (mostly because it was out of nowhere) and told him he was right, those were the seven continents. I love his random knowledge, it comes out at the best times. He's keeping things interesting around here.

We added another cousin this past Sat. Yeah for new cousins. The new baby girl cousin, Emma, arrived 1/4" shorter and 1 oz lighter than Preston and we are so sad we couldn't make the journey (NY state) in a mere 3 hours like we did the week before. We can't wait to see her at Christmas but I'm guessing she'll be a bit bigger by then!

Pretty lame update, I do have more to post about and my goal is for tomorrow. Dare I put that out there and hold myself accountable? Let's see if it works.

22 comments:

Brenda said...

I don't know how you went a week without posting either! Weren't you think of me at all? I was so bored without reading about your life!

Anonymous said...

I love your kid funnies. They are so cute! It's good you're writing them down now, because they are going to love reading them when they are older, and then die laughing at the things they said!

Amie said...

Weeks go so fast. Funny things kids say are a favorite of mine. I have been meaning to post a few but I didn't right them down and now I don't have them word for word. Dang it.

I love new cousins too. Unfortunately I don't get to enjoy them... mine sisters are far away and Jimmy's family is crazy so not a lot of together time. I love newborns, I need someone to share with me!

Amie said...

yes, that would be write... it's early and yes I am my children's only teacher.

Amie said...

note to Amie: PROOFREAD before you publish

Liz said...

Love the kid funnies! That is some impressive knowledge of the 7 continents! I didn't know they taught that in Kinder!

Anonymous said...

Poor Dane, I can see his crying face! But pretty funny that he all of the sudden realized what was going on. I love to see what kids learn...it's amazing how fast it happens!!

Anonymous said...

Oh you know me, I love random. I love hearing about your life. Funny kids, and all!

donna said...

glad you are back posting girl!
did yo get my email??
Weds - friday are good lunch days for me.
let me know!

Matt said...

oh the poop thing is too funny!

Price Cream Parlor said...

Ah, so sad that he felt so sad about the tub. Poor guy. I love blogging just for the mere fact of recording the comings and goings of my life. Otherwise I will forget most of it! Those days/weeks pass so quickly! Great to write down the funnies that your littles say!

jenny said...

Your kids funny comments are making me die laughing. Hillie billy baths?

Glad you updated--we all missed you!

Christina said...

amie is funny-and she's a TEACHER?!?! scary!! haha

kid stories funny--too cute

it is SO hard for me blogging lately! see my recent post..hopefully it works for me!

Anna said...

Any update is better than no update. My blog is sad and now Im so in the whole its gonna take me a night to catch up.

becca said...

Kid stories are so cute! I have had a hard time posting lately too, and I think a lot of it is that I don't take pictures as much as I did in the summer. Posts don't NEED pictures, but somehow it keeps me from writing them! That and the fact that TIME IS FLYING! It sure goes faster with kids in school, who knew?

Barb said...

I have lived that bathtub experienc more than once.
Kindergarteners are so cute the way everything they learn is so thrilling. I could not have stifled my laugh if it had been my child randomly spouting the continents.

Anna said...

K, Im holding you accountable. Where is the new post?

Anonymous said...

I've got a kindergartener also, it's prety fun!! That age is pretty fun. My son already has a loose tooth, so he's kind of fretting about it!

About "Stump Lake" - I am not sure the name of it either, I think I used to know it. But I remember my mom calling it that and she had known it by that name since she was little!

Anonymous said...

I think Nathan is right -- it would really hurt to have your abdomen removed. Too cute! Those are great things to post about. Someday your kids will love reading those stories about them in the leather-bound edition of mom's blog. Poor Dane and the bathtub! What an alarming discovery for him. And you!

carlo said...

can't wait to hear about your goal.

love the kid funnies- they are always good ones, aren't they? love the way they process and the way they convey things.

glad you are doing well. loved to pop over and see a new post!

michelle said...

I too have lived that bathtub experience multiple times. Not fun for the kid or the mom!

Pretty funny that Nathan is intent on sharing his newfound knowledge. I love how much they learn while still so young, if they're excited about it, that's even better!

Jill said...

Tub pooping is the worst, no wonder he was out of sorts. How did you manage to clean that up without retching yourself? Oh dear.

The kindergarten moods and info is hilarious, but hey he knows his continents!