Monday, October 22, 2007

Bellys, Ramblings and Good Mail

THIS! This is what happened to my belly in the last 4 weeks! Just four short weeks ago, I looked like this . I have had 2 major weight gains (can't believe I'm admitting that) this past month and I feel absolutely enormous! (I'm not wearing black to make me look smaller, I realize that's a losing battle.) It was funny, last time I went to the doctor, she tried to make me feel better and told me to remember since it's fall, the clothes I'm wearing weigh more. I almost laughed in her face! I know jeans are heavier but really, I'm sure that's not it (would be nice though, wouldn't it?). I wish I could say it's because I'm eating yummy homemade cookies or homemade bread with butter or that we get a Blizzard every night. The sad answer to every one of those is NO, not even close. Well maybe a cookie every now and then but not one every night. I don't make them right now so how would I have them to eat?

My mom kindly reminded me that I am 32 now and it's been over 4 years since I've been pregnant and had a baby. Thanks, mom.... now I feel old and large (KIDDING). I'm sure that both of those have something to do with it. I'm 29 weeks today and if there is anyway I can stick with the schedule of the other boys (both born a week early by induction) I'll have a baby here in 10 weeks. Yikes!! Writing that scares me a bit but not having my mom here for help over Christmas break(she's on a teacher's schedule) scares me even more so I hope I can somehow make that happen before she has to head back to work.

In the next month and a half I have something every week or so. Which is nice but daunting at the same time. Starting with this week, a birthday for Gramimi, next week Halloween, the blessing of Preston (11/4), then Nate turns 6 (his golden birthday 11/6), Kat turns 7 (11/14), Thanksgiving, a week later our big Primary Christmas party and from there Christmas shopping and somewhere decorating. I hope that having it here will remind me that I really need to stay on top of things (not one of my strong points).

{I'm not a hater of Sponge Bob, just not a fan either. Dane loves this sleep shirt though, it's so him}

Milo has a work training meeting this week and apparently auditors break out of their shell on Halloween. They have to dress up (don't worry I'll document Wed) with their group and they have a theme. Milo's team is 'A Fraud and Funky Town'. See what I mean when I say they are living on the edge this time of year. Anyway, I found this standard afro at our mall (what my brother calls our Walmart) and tonight he opened it up. The kids thought he was hilarious with hair. Then he put it on Dane and I thought Kathryn might split her gut laughing. Dane is such a ham, he was dancing all over the place and loving all the attention. Now I think he should wear this on Halloween! How cute would he be?

Amie sent this cute package for my birthday. It was way more than this wooden letter (sticky notes, candy and lip gloss) but for some reason, it's a little scattered (kind of like my brain). Dane loved one of the suckers right when I opened it, I had to hide the other one for my consumption later. Thanks Amie, I love the letter (I'm a fan of my letter M)!

Jill sent me some more Good Mail labels today. I love them! She is always paying attention. She knew I rationed them from a comment I left on Amie's blog and that was just last week. What a fast mailer! I'm such a fan of black and tan. They're perfect Jill, thank you! This pregnancy thing has dampened my Good Mail efforts since before summer even though I have had plans and intentions, nothing ever came of them. I started working on some stuff last Friday and am almost ready to send it all so these came at a perfect time!

We have our Primary program on Sun and I cannot wait for it to be over. Our practice yesterday wasn't horrible but we stand for some improvement in quite a few areas. I have never served in Primary before in any capacity and dang it is a ton of work! Keeping 60 kids entertained (and quiet) on the stand while practicing and working out the kinks is like a workout on Sundays. And that should almost be illegal. I did get to come home and have a fabulous, uninterrupted Sunday nap. Thanks Milo!! I so needed it!

23 comments:

donna said...

Oh you look so cute.

SO when are we DOING LUNCH???????????

Brenda said...

Beautiful Melly! I "kind of" wish I was pregnant. But just for the belly, not for the baby...yet.

michelle said...

Personally, I love having an excuse to have a big belly! I think you look adorable. Ditto to Dane and his crazy afro.

Anonymous said...

I kinda miss the baby belly. She was much easier to carry around that way. You look great- the downhill is the hardest part for me. 10 weeks...wow!!!

jenny said...

You are glowing for sure. Love that photo! I know most of us cringe at ourselves during the process, but I think you look way cute!

For the record I can't decide if I like or dislike sponge bob either. My kids LOVE him.

becca said...

You look so cute! Wow....10 weeks is so SOON!! I think I am 28 weeks now, it really is going fast! I have been meaning to post a picture for awhile now...it will make you feel better to see me, I promise :) You look great!

Our primary program was last Sun (so glad it is OVER!) I do have to say that when the kids are on the stand staring out at the audiance they do a lot better! I think they all get a little bit of nerves and sit pretty still for the most part! Good luck!

Kristen said...

AWE! You look so great! So cute!!
I know how you feel though...I have been to the gym almost 5 days a week )I wanted "this" pregnancy to be different (the weight gain part) and it's just exactly the same as the rest :)

Holly said...

You look adorable! You're belly looks right on track as far as size goes to me! I love being pregnant in the winter. It is the BEST! Keeps you nice and warm and you can hide a little more in winter clothes!! Plus you have more time to lose baby weight before swimsuit season! Can't wait to see you at Christmas time!

::lindsay said...

You look fabulous, Melanie. You're on the downhill slide. The things people come up with though...I had a friend recently tell me that even though I weigh as much currently as I did with Kaiya, even though I have 8 weeks to go, I probably won't gain too much more. Yeah, right...I think she was just trying to make me feel better!

Natasha said...

Cute pregnant belly!I love your "M" and of course Jill's labels.

Tasha said...

You look great! I know, at the end I just felt like a big circle, and my babies come early.

Dane looks funny in the afro. I don't know why, but I am not a Sponge Bob fan...

Anonymous said...

It's crazy, I totally feel that I've grown this last month too, or just few weeks. Last month I was feeling like I wasn't doing anything, and now I feel huge! You look cute, we're going to have to take some prego pics together!

Dane looks hilarious! He would definitely look so dang cute with that on Halloween!

See you all in a few days!

Jill said...

You're pregnant, I say go with it. Your body is doing what it wants/needs to do and there's not justice to except that you end up with a beautiful baby at the end. Nightly blizzards sound like something you might want to give a whirl.

Hooray for your good mail! That "M" from Amie is darling, and I'm glad you like the good mail labels...no rationing!

Good luck with the primary program. We just had ours last week, and even though I'm only a teacher it still feels like a load off to have it done.

Liz said...

Oh you cute prego girl!

I hope the next 10 weeks keep you busy and that baby comes when you need it to!

Amie said...

You look great. I loved being pregnant. I'm glad you are posting a few pictures for us.


I am so thankful for primary leaders. Especially ones who realize the importance of the work they do.

Amie said...

You look great. I loved being pregnant. I'm glad you are posting a few pictures for us.


I am so thankful for primary leaders. Especially ones who realize the importance of the work they do.

Heather said...

Enjoy the big tummy! It will be over soon. I'm also in the primary presidency, and we just had our program on Sunday. Went great, and our practice Saturday was a nightmare. The kids just step it up for the real thing, and it always works out fine. 12 more months to stress about the next one- right?! Just kidding. Keep up the great baby building.

Bond Girl 007 said...

wow cute cute picture...

Barb said...

You look great!

Lucy said...

You're adorable. I don't have a single belly shot with any of my pregnancies because I never feel adorable. But you have that sparkle for sure.

amy gretchen said...

Your belly is growing beautifully!!!

carlo said...

oh you are darling pregnant! i love the pics of your belly!

love the GM too. it is wonderfully uplifting isn't it?

jill is SO good about her thoughtful GM...

annalisa said...

You are looking very cute. I was noticing a girl in my ward just yesterday went from looking fairly full-term to about to deliver in less than a week. It happens so fast. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!