There is nothing like a newborn baby to get you out of said funk. Nothing! (even when it isn't yours)
10 days early, Kyle and Heidi (brother and sil) rushed to the hospital at 8:25 am and at 8:43 am Preston Craig made his way into the world! Less than 20 minutes in labor (a crazy story, no doubt one for the books)! Who has babies like that?
We decided to ditch the housework and laundry and head over to their house. It was not a hard decision, who wants to stay home for that. I was in big time need to hold him, I love new babies! It's a few hour drive and at first it seemed it would take us forever, we only made it 30 miles before I had to make Milo stop so I could go to the bathroom (yes I went before we left). Annoying is all I have to say about that. I couldn't drink the whole way, still had to stop once at a rest area and when we got to Kyle's I hobbled to the bathroom. Ridiculous!
And here are my mom's 5 grandkids and that will only last until we bring home grandkid #6. They loved, loved holding him and it gave me a tiny glimpse of how much love they are going to give the new baby around here (I hope he'll be able to handle all the 'love' that is sure to come his way).With new baby Preston on my side, 3 sister in laws on Milo's side having babies and ours it makes for 5 babies in a 4 month period. Crazy! So here he starts the trend and one more should (ahem Leisha...) be born this week, then we take the stage with our baby and two more after us. Can you believe that many babies at once? Oh and only one girl (the baby due this week) among the 5. Should make for loud time about 3 years down the road don't you think?
We stayed the night with Kate so Kyle could stay with Heidi at the hospital. Her family made it over there today and they will have some help this week. We were able to catch a bit of conference yesterday hearing about President Eyring (love him) and Elder Cook and part of this morning before we headed home. Thanks to DVR we'll be catching up on those great talks this week.
I guess all it took was to get out of the crazy funk was to meet our newest nephew/cousin. We had a great time! We did come home to all the laundry and yard work but for some reason I feel more focused and ready to tackle it all. Crossing my fingers it continues for at least 1/2 the week.....
26 comments:
How exciting to get a glimpse of what it will be like when you bring YOUR new baby home from the hospital!
(A 20 minute labor?!!)
Preston is so cute and chunky, I love it. Heidi and Kyle must have good looking kid genetics! Im glad you went over I know it wouldve killed you not too. Kate is cracking me up laying on the windowsill. Now motivate me to do all my laundry! See you this week sometime!
great newborn pics! and wow how cute are the grandkids?
I have been in the same sort of funk!! I am unmotivated to do anything and even though I want to blog...I just can't seem to put mind to it most days.
I am so understanding of the constant need to pee...very annoying and bound to get worse as time goes on right?!
Oh...I love newborns, how cute he is!! Makes me baby hungry for my own.
I loved the baby pics. I have to admit though, lately seeing newborn baby pictures is making me so nervous to have another one. I think I just forget half the time I'm having another baby so seeing a baby reminds me I'm going to have one too, and very soon!
I have the cutest Grandkids!! Melanie you better not repeat Heidi's labor or I'm not coming to Washington! Welcome Preston!!
I have been lucky to have two new babies in my life this month, and you are right there is nothing like a newborn baby!
He is a cutie for sure.
Hooray! Congrats Auntie Mel! I love the name too;) What a big boy! Give my best to Kyle and Heidi! What a handsome group of kids!
im sort of in a funk too-maybe i need to go find my some newborn something!!
it has to be SO hard to be tired and a mom/wife at the same time..im tired thinking about it!
What a cutie indeed. I love how chubby he is. Congrats to them and your mom on being a new grandma :)
How fun to have your new nephew, and soon to be new baby so close in age! He's adorable, and a 20 minute labor? That's a little too fast, I would say. Intense!
What a cutie! You'll have one soon enough..so EXCITING!
That is a serious bumper crop of cousins arriving this fall! Preston is a beautiful baby.
He is almost chubby enough to be one of my babies. I am so glad for Kyle and Heidi. Fun that Aunt Melanie and Uncle Milo got to be the first ones there and be with Kate her first night off the throne (that can be a tough night...)! Blogging funk has hit this home too--not because there is nothing to blog about but because I want uninterrupted time to do it in---apparently that is in short supply everywhere--who knew?
Oh what a cute baby.
What a cute little guy! That is so fun to have so many cousins around the same time! That's the way it is for Chance. It will definitely make for fun (and loud) family get togethers! :)
Love new babies! How fun to see your kiddos with the new one and get a glimpse of the near future!
A the 20 min labor story is amazing to me! So nice that you were able to go and help! 10 days early and still a great size! CUTE babe!
I hope your week is easier and less funky.
Oh my gosh! He is adorable! I love his chubby chubby cheeks! My babies were 6 mos old before they were that big! I love the name too. What a blessing that they have you guys so close. The cousins are going to love it..so neither of you better move! Your kids are going to be such "good helpers" with your next one..its going to be great. (for you...not the baby)!
How fun for you guys to have babies all around. Very cute name they gave this little guy.
I am sure you will know when I am pregnant again b/c my blogging will just fall off the planet. I don't know why but it sure messes with motivation. It must be the added exhaustion.
I guess you made it over to see the newest! How awesome that you could! There is definitely nothing like holding a newborn, I just can't get enough! I bet your mom loved to get a picture of all the grandkids together!!
What a cutie. My boy was the same weight and measurements but a long skinny string bean. That is funny how that works.
Wow a 20 minute labor. I can't even fathom after my 20 hour ones.
Oh jeepers, Melanie....how long are YOUR labors? Was Heidi or Kyle nervous he came so quick?
That's a fun picture of the five.
Wow, so many newborns in your family in the next few months, how wonderful. It's so great to have cousins close in age like that.
I love to inhale newborns and am totally fine with them not being mine. I'll take my dose of cuteness and then happily sleep through the night, ha!
The peeing thing is ridiculous and amusing. I feel your pain.
Your baby is soo cute! I think he looks like Milo. I found your blog. My mom misses you cutting her hair. Good Luck!
I love the name.
I had a 20 minute or less baby too . When we called home my sister thought we were calling to tell her we made it to the hospital but James was already here.... Nuts.
Post a Comment