Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Little Bit of Random

I am so behind in posting (obviously) that I'm not sure where to start. And sadly, I've lost motivation to do a very good job at all we've done the last week and couple days. I missed posting about a major holiday, some after holiday shopping and fun times with family. Oh well, I'll give it a shot.

The morning of Thanksgiving I decided to try a family picture for Christmas cards. I was going to opt out of them this year, being so large and pregnant but I decided there is no better excuse for extra weight and went with it (I'm glad I did). The first time we tried at a park with a tripod and maybe one (with editing) turned out so when we got to Marion's Shaila obliged us and went to a park to take a few more. A couple of them should work, it wasn't the best of days to try and 'work' that in.

Note to self (and others feeling as crazy as me).... DO NOT try family pictures when it's only 31^ degrees outside. The kids tend to not be very cooperative! There are no do overs, at least not in the plans right now so I'm glad we have a couple to work with! Thanks Lou!

We spent Thanksgiving at Marion's this year and after last year it being quiet with just us, it was nice to have a crowd. Two of three sisters were there and Milo's brother ate dessert with us. That means 7 of 8 grandkids were there; the oldest being Kat at 7 and we can't ever forget the three 4 yr olds. I always want pictures of the three of them together for later down the road but I'm not kidding when I say it's difficult. They are busy creatures and right now I want their energy. I was in charge of Coconut Cream Pie and a jello side for Thanksgiving Dinner. I love making the 'side' or dessert part of dinner. If I'm given a choice, I'll always choose something along those lines. And Marion always gives me a choice, she's so nice.

Milo kindly obliged and played UNO with the kids until all of dinner was ready. Thanks heavens it kept them somewhat quiet during the most hurried part of the day when you're getting the food on the table.

At first we weren't egging Nathan on but once we started, he wouldn't stop the human pretzel act. He is SO flexible and does this all the time. Usually he does it when he's tired. The only guess I have is that he knows if he sits still he'll crash so he twists around and bends in half. He does it almost every day after school. Crazy kid.

I really wanted to start Christmas shopping on Black Friday. As of Thurs night I hadn't found any willing participants and by morning was still going back and forth. Anna called around 8 saying she would brave it if I was still willing to go. I was about to throw in the towel as I didn't want to go alone but she saved the day. We live an hour from stores like Target, the mall and Costco so we didn't even get to 'town' (yeah, I know how hick-ish that sounds) until almost 11 am. I found it to be perfect in my 8 month pregnant state. We still found good deals, the crowds really weren't that bad and we were home by 5 pm. As far as the kids go, I'm pretty sure we're close to being done. I need to make the piles and separate for each kid so I know exactly what I have. Not that it has to be exactly even (I'm not that OCD) but I try to somewhat be close. It feels good to have that started because I'm sure the tiredness is just going to get worse.

Friday night, Kyle and Heidi came for dinner and a visit. Preston is so smiley, I love it!Sure he tries his parents (what 6 week olds do when they don't sleep, right?) but don't you love that little face? Having him around makes me excited and nervous all at the same time to have our own new baby around here. Time is definitely closing in. No pictures of Kate, she hates the camera and well, she spent the time busy, busy with the cousins. They loved it.

I went to the doctor today, I'm 34 weeks now (I need to post a photo but Dane doesn't quite have the skills for getting my 'best angle', ha! Maybe when Milo comes home). There is so much to do! Getting a dresser ready is on the list for this week. Only one more visit to the Dr in two weeks and then I see her every week! I am happy to note that there was only a 1 pound weight gain this past two weeks, even with the holiday. I'm at the point where not much makes me feel so full because I'm getting so full of baby (he feels huge). I hated those 2 months of high weight gain so today felt good. Now onto getting him named and we should be in good shape!

14 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! GOod for you for braving teh crowds! I wanted to, but we were going down to Manhattan to the American Girl Store, and that was more crowded than I wanted to endure. So no deals were had here. But, I only have two things left for the girls and some things for Jared so I'm happy!

Angie said...

so impressed with nathan's flexibility...kind of jealous actually.

Anna said...

Yay! A post. I hate that your finished Christmas shopping already but I guess with the "bean" on his way you had no choice. Believe me I dont reccomend having a baby in Dec with not having Christmas finished (I think I did that once). Go Nate-way to be a pretzel!

donna said...

Wow you went shopping in Black friday. Wow good for you.
I am a online shopper girl.

Amie said...

It feels good to be mostly done to me too. I need to sit down and think but I don't feel stressed about it.

I can't wait to hear what you decide to name the little guy. I love hearing baby names.

Melinda said...

Oh, I am so excitied for you and this little baby. It is coming so very fast!
I am glad you had a good holiday and was able to get out shopping. I go every year and I enjoy it.

jenny said...

We went a little bit later last week as well. I found the crowds not to be too bad. That is some flexibility! Have you guys considered gymnastics?

The countdown is officially on, wow 34 weeks. Hang in there!! Good luck with the name planning.

michelle said...

Coconut cream pie -- my favorite! Dang, I can't even imagine being almost done with Christmas. I have only just barely begun... but you have a great reason for being motivated!

Price Cream Parlor said...

I am so behind this year! Honestly - I am usually almost finished and this year - I haven't even started!
34 weeks and counting! Can't wait to hear what you name your little guy!
(I am dying about your pretzel boy! That is so funny!)

Laurie said...

I feel your pain on trying to get a decent family photo. It's so hard to even get the kids to look at the camera. It's like trying to get hyper puppies to be still for one minute and acting on command. Never mind having them actually be smiling or have their hand out of their mouth. We have ONE family photo where all four of us are smiling and looking and Jack looks kinda alien in it. I'm not sure how I'm gonna pull it off this year.

I feel for you with the low energy. You seem to be hanging in well in the 8 month spot you're in.

Robyn said...

Wow, I can't believe he can twist himself around like that. He should become a yoga instructor!

I braved Black Friday last year and I found it wasn't too bad either. I went a little later in the day too, I think that's the trick. Still got some good deals but didn't have to fight my way in.

carlo said...

wow!!!!! i am impressed. black friday and 8 months pregnant? wow!

glad you had a good holiday. and wow, the countdown is in full swing now, isn't it? :)

Bond Girl 007 said...

how impressive...I think I am almost done too...we are doing two gifts per boy only so...that is taken care of...I don't dare ask for anything...as of late...and maybe get something for Alf...and my parents. We are supposed to do an exchange between family, but haven't done it yet...I can't believe your little boy...is he a king in yOGA? WOW.

Shaila Lou said...

Glad some of the pictures worked. The picture you sent looked good, besides Dane's hand of course. Good thing for editing.

That's so nice that you and Annelise were able to get out shopping without kids. Even though it is a way busy day to do it.

Thanks for the emails too. I really enjoyed those sites. Sorry I didn't write back, dial up takes commitment.