
We had our first 'storm' (it wasn't that big) of the year last night. We aren't completely covered but enough to drive the kids wild. They love it! Dane wanted to play in it all day but I was able to distract him until we picked the kids up from school (I had no plans of playing in the snow, I'm such a dud right now). Kathryn already had wet feet and pants and while she could have changed and gone out, instead she opted to sass and boss so she ended up staying in. She was over it real quick anyway because they only lasted 10 minutes and then came in to play with her. I guess they don't have that cold weather tolerance built up yet.


They haven't felt like angels between the hours of 3 and 7 the past few days (or is it weeks?). I'm sure it's weather related with the dark afternoons and the cooped up feeling. No more bikes, scooters or skateboards on most days and then add in a tired mom and that right there is a recipe for disaster.


But then I see these faces and how just a couple inches of snow can change their mood and I'm reminded that they are so little. I wonder when I'll ever remember that right now they are only 4 and 6! Not very old and I know more times than not, I expect way too much. I can definitely admit to being a work in progress when it comes to relaxing and remembering their ages. And that they need to burn energy because they have an overload of it. And poor them, I'm sorely lacking in the energy department. I vow to get it back....say in 10 years?


When it was time to come in, they quickly shed their 'gear', left it all outside (a good thing since it was all covered in snow) and were excited because I had the hot cocoa ready. So far this week, it's their favorite thing to do after school.

Today Milo met the UPS driver as he was heading to the store for some much anticipated Good Mail (for him). An empty box! Last week, his free XBOX 360 just gave up and quit. He started searching on the internet and found that there is a glitch in the first version that came out. He was told he would get to send his back and they would fix it and return it all for free. Apparently they have had to invest 1 billion dollars to fix what was their mistake in the first place. It will probably take a month and thankfully he isn't overly attached to it so no tantrums should occur (Thanks heavens! I'm not sure I could handle tatrums about video games from a grown man). It just cracked me up to see the look on his face over an empty box. I'm guessing when it comes back fixed it will be a photo op for sure.
24 comments:
Had the Xbox died at our house, there would have been tantrums for sure. Mostly from the 35 year old in the house. I will think of you in the snow in our 70 degree weather:)
There are a TON of guys from our church who are XBOX obsessed. I think it's just random, but I'm not a guy :) Those snow angels look so fun! We maybe get that much snow once every 10 years :)
Linc has one and he plays it almost everyday to unwind after class- so I am sure he would be sad to see it go for a while.
I can't wait for it to snow here now- mostly so Mya will stop asking! Hot cocoa after snow playing is a must!
I wish I could get rid of our ps2 for quite a while. The boys are way too attached.
THose are reallyc ute pictures of the boys. My kids are dying for some snow around here!
I think we would have some tantrums at our house for sure. In fact, we are getting some as I speak because they are grounded from it today.
Cute snow angels. I failed to mention I pulled out your fabulous x-mas mix the other day and it is by far my FAVORITE mix. Thanks for putting it together :)
Ditto to Jenny's comment. I listed to my mix the other day and loved it all over again. Thank you!
That close-up picture of Dane is so sweet. The pictures of the gloves was a good idea.
Milo is so good natured. It was funny to hear about his empty box. $1,000,000,000 is insane! Can you imagine how much they make if that is how much it costs to fix a mistake?
HELLLOOO how do i manage to skip over your blog when im going thru them!??! im such a tard..geesh!!
the snow..man..its only 63 and im wimpering over here!!
i had heard about the xbox issue..bummer for microsoft! that cant be good!!
Fun snow pictures! My kids are definitely looking forward to snow! Me not so much! That just means winter is finally here to stay for the next 4-5 months! I hope you all survive the winter doldrums! It can be so hard!
What sweet pictures. My Mom waiting for me with a hot cup of coco on a rainy afternoon is one of my favorite memories. It sounds like you are doing great with them. I understand about the whole energy thing!
Thought I should catch up on blog reading. Matt and I have been distracted watching all of Lost.
Looks like some fun in the snow. We've gotten tons already. Came home to it, then it's snowed several times. The boys just got snow pants, so we'll be playing in it soon enough.
Glad Milo got his empty box! Good things no tantrums...that would be ridiculous!
I'm finally catching up on everyone's blog's. You always have lots of fun stuff to say! Playing in the snow looks like it was fun! And your pictures of them are soo cute!
The first snow is so exciting! Your boys have angelic smiles!
The snow angels pictures are so cute. We had our first real snow yesterday. Perfect welcome to December.
I am hard on my kids too... it is a hard habit to break.
PS - I have my Christmas cd from you playing too... love it. (I remember being so shocked to get good mail from a blog stranger! Thanks for introducing yourself that way!)
Kim has an XBOX but it doesn't get played much these days. I don't like the kids seeing the games and by the time they are in bed, it's pick up and get ready for the next day!
The snow angels are awesome. My kids have never even seen snow - it was 80 here today!
I've gotta pull out your Christmas CD. That was so fun last year. I can relate to the need to remember how old my boys are and what kind of behavior is normal for their ages. It's something I'm constantly trying to remember - and the energy they require! Oh man...
Good luck with the rain and storm. Looks fun!
I'm a little jealous of your snow! We were supposed to get a bunch on Saturday, but all we got were flakes in the sky. The snow angels are too fun!
oh the empty box!!!!!!! poor milo.
cold weather has finally hit here, no snow yet but the girls are ready!
(me, not so much. man, as i get older i have less "fun" in the snow. unless i am decked out head to toe in warmth!!)
hot cocoa is always a hit, isn't it??
so how many weekends left now? 5?
Wow you posted this on Thursday. Why did take me so long to comment?
Our Xbox died last year. So we had to get the new xbox 360. Ryan and the boys love the xbox.
Great snow pictures. My kids so love the snow. But it is all gone NOW!!! We have just have lots of wind today :)
I can't believe all the snow! Sometimes I am thankful that we are so mild all year, and that my girls can go outside almost everyday....BUT...it would be so fun to have real seasons! Those pictures are just adorable!
I forget your real due date? Thanks for your sympathy on my blog...I think of you often, knowing that we are due so soon with so much left to do!!
Ugh. I was thinking of getting one for Christmas for the family, but all these tales have me stressing. So not what I want.
But, the snow angels. That I could do for hours every day. Love it!
how funny! yes the mckells are in our ward..we totally know aaron-he comes from a good strong family and aaron is a great great young man..tell him we said HI and i'll "report" to his mom that he had good manners! heheh
we have like 3 from JUST our ward that are ALL in washington!! how crazy is that! you'll have to ask elder mckell if elder malone or elder mun are with him anywhere??
What great photos! You really captured those snow angels. And the empty box... too funny.
Those are perfect snow angels, apparently your powdery snow and not much of it is the best combination for picture-perfect angels, that's cool.
Your words about the kids not being angels and how the snow changes their mood and reminds you how young they are is sweet and so true. I think I expect a lot and have to remember this too.
Post a Comment