Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Not Much, Not Much At All

{Jim Shore Nativity}

That's it. Not much going on around here lately. I'm so glad to have Christmas decorations up even if they are pretty sparse this year. I'm totally fine with that because if there isn't a baby (which I doubt) they are coming down right after the 25th! I love nativities so with a tree and some nativities, we called it good!

Somehow I got tagged for feeding the missionaries tonight. It's not something I hate, in fact, I like to have them here. The kids have a blast with them and I always think about my boys serving out 'there' one day so I know it's my part. I just didn't 'feel' like it today. Oh well, Dane and I got busy and made brownies this morning. He could not wait for the batter to taste good so he could do this...

After we added every ingredient he would ask me if it was chocolaty yet. When I finally said yes and there were no other kids around (meaning he got both beaters) he was so happy. After the second one, he asked me to wipe his face up, 'cause just a little got on it.' More than a little but ok.

We made Peppermint Patty Brownies. They were pretty good but could have stayed in the oven just a little longer. My favorite brownie pieces are the edges so it was fine with me but if you usually like the middle, they were not for you. One word...doughy! I hate doughy. squishy brownies! Lesson learned, if I make them again, longer cooking time.

This is such a down week for me. Not a downer week thank heavens, just not a lot going on. I'm fine with that, I just need to be getting more done around this place. I'm starting to feel like I should get the clothes out and ready but so far, no where to put them (it's on the list). I want all sorts of things organized but after one project, I'm over the need for it and just want to take it easy. How can I have it both ways? Becca posted about her knowing what she wants done before the baby arrives but just can't seem to get to it. I am having the same exact problem! (Go figure, I think we're due the same week)

Mom, I promise not to leave all of it until you get here. Maybe just one or two things....

20 comments:

Christina said...

oooo ive never heard/seen peppermint brownies! what a nice surprise! im one of the middle (sorta doughy)lovers!! hahaha

i hear ya on the beaters, why cant there be 4 of them vs just the 2??!

Shaila Lou said...

The brownies sound great. I'm terrible when I'm pregnant, I'm more willing to have way to many sweets.

I'm a month behind you and still think of all the things I want done before the baby gets here. Then I think of my mom and Cynthia to come and what if my house is a disaster. Oh the stresses with no energy to get it done!!

becca said...

What a GREAT idea for the brownies!! My husband would LOVE those (and he likes them almost not cooked...no joke!)

I am glad you are having a down week...that is always nice. I am starting to make lists, as if that will somehow make everything magically get done!!

donna said...

i am using my iphone. so let hopes i am doing this right.


i love your peppermint brownies. post your recipe for all of us.


i hope you have a great night.
oh after the baby comes, we will have to do lunch, At my house :)

Melinda said...

Alright, you HAVE to post the recipe for those brownies! They look great.

I remember feeling the same way with being prego. It was so hard to get things done being so darn tired! I hope you enjoy your easy week.

Liz said...

Those brownies sound really good, can you post the recipe??? pretty please?

I hope you can get all on your list done before baby comes! But, taking it easy is important too! Take care!

::lindsay said...

Those brownies look really good! I think you need to post the recipe too.

I'm with you on the getting ready for baby thing. I went to the doctor today and he said he didn't think it would be too much longer. Am I ready? No! I haven't even gotten a take home outfit yet and haven't even gotten the car seat I'm borrowing from my friend, not to mention I haven't gotten anything else either.

Natasha said...

Oh but I love squishy brownies!
I did a post about the Jim Shore nativity too. Luci bought (with my $) Griffin the Jim Shore nativity snow globe for Christmas.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Good!!!

Barb said...

Those brownies are brilliant. I need to go stock up on peppermint patties.
I don't have that kind of mom help. My mom is disabled and my mother-in-law just isn't like that. Enjoy all the help you can get from your mom when she comes!

Holly said...

YUMMM!! Those brownies look so good! I love the middle part of brownies, and a little doughy is ok too. So I woould have LOVED your brownies! I'm sure the missionaries did too!

Anna said...

I want those brownies. I wish they werent in the family cookbook, I may be tempted to make them. I cant wait for the little man to join the world.

Anna said...

PS-I love them doughy too.

jenny said...

I am not a doughy person either and often eat the edges. Yum! That little chocolate face is so cute!!

Just make a list for what you need to get done and take it in steps. Or take advantage of your nesting days :) I feel awful for Angie she will be moving and having a baby--blech!

michelle said...

I can so relate to that feeling -- you want everything done, but you just quite can't handle doing it all. So you make some progress, then you're worn out. Give yourself a break! And ask for help whenever possible. As Jill says, you're making another human, for heaven's sake!

Jill said...

This is a good time to have a down week isn't it? I love weeks like that.

I'm intrigued by your peppermint brownies and am so glad you took a picture of them, sory they turned out too doughy.

I can't imagine preparing for a baby at Christmas time, good luck!

Kelly said...

Nice to have a down week in the midst of what could be such a crazy time. Enjoy it!

Your brownies look divine! And, why does feeding the missionaries always fall on one of "those" days?

Brenda said...

Fabulous! I love down weeks. Take it easy girly. And Milo did a fantastic job describing it. I'll blog tomorrow. Just don't have it in me tonight.

Laurie said...

I'm catching up on my commenting at a sleepless 2:30 a.m. :-) I have never seen peppermint patty brownies. You make it look good.

I hope it was a good week - that you feel like you got something accomplished.

Amie said...

I have never heard of peppermint brownies. But really, how could you go wrong?

I say let a baby coming be the reason you keep it simple this year. It sounds like the perfect excuse to me.