I have told myself over and over that I would get away from only posting once a week. I know once the baby comes I'll be hard pressed to blog at all and I love having this as my journal. So once again, here's what we've been up to this past week.
Kathryn lost her front tooth on Thurs. She was having an apple as an after school snack and I told her to eat it normal (she's been eating every thing off to the side) and see if it made her tooth more loose. It really worked! I know most people think I'm weird but I love to pull out teeth. I tied it with dental floss, one tug and it was out. It scared her a little and she spit it out right at me. I'm glad she didn't swallow it though. Once they lose the front teeth, they never look the same again. Yikes, she's going to look older with those permanent teeth that look so big at first. She's been pretty funny saying 'ssss'. Now for when the other one falls. Oh and the boys have been so funny, their teeth are as tight as a drum but both have a 'feeling' that their teeth will be loose soon too. Funny kids.Peppermint Patty Brownies.
1 1/2 c Butter
3 c Sugar
5 Eggs
1 T Vanilla
2 c Flour
1 c Baking Cocoa
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 pkg (13 oz) York Peppermint Patties
In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Spread about 2/3 of the batter in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Arrange peppermint patties over top. Carefully spread remaining batter over patties. Bake at 350^ for 35-40 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting.
I think where I made my mistake was the division of batter. Maybe if I was a bit more accurate the middle wouldn't have been so doughy. But I do have to say after sitting overnight, the doughy middle ended up being good. By the next morning I wasn't prejudice of middle or corner.
Last night I sat and wrote our Christmas blurb for the year. I like writing bullet points over a lengthy letter (not judging if you prefer it the other way around). So I have the cards and the letter ready to go. Now the hard part of addressing all the envelopes. Well not hard, just time consuming. I hope to get them out by the weekend but wont freak if it's not until next week. Not very lofty goals, I'm just proud of doing them at all this year. And even making an appearance this pregnant in a Christmas photo is shocking for me.
I'm 36 weeks today and again this week I intended to get a shot of the ever growing belly. Didn't happen, but I can fully assure you that the belly is getting large! I go to the doctor tomorrow and start the weekly visits. Time really is winding down. I keep meaning to finish a reflective post on this pregnancy with all my weird cravings and habits (there have been plenty). Now that I've written it, I hope to get around to it.
13 comments:
Way to go Kathryn on the tooth. How exciting I'm sure she's so proud. Those little crafts are so cute! Milo is such a stud to help out.
I hate writing my Christmas letter. I have it mostly done, but it always seems so lame. I just feel it's cheaper then buying cards. Ugh, I hope mine is out this week.
So glad you are only down to 4 weeks to go. What a good feeling!!!
Hooray for the recipe! Thank you.
I was so mad I left my ornament at your house. I'll be back to get it. I left it on the counter.
i started my xmas blurb--thanks for the reminder i have ONE more thing to do today! hahah
oh thanks for the brownie recipe!!
im not a fan of pulling out teeth-i have yet to have to pull any-they just somehow end up falling out on their own..whew!
oh i LOVE the primary craft!! too cute--and why are there always those few "want to kick under the table" children??
Wow those brownies sound great. And the ornaments are darling.
They are never the same once they loose teeth, but I think the missing teeth are so cute!
That craft is a great idea, we are looking for ideas for our party. And I agree with you on late comers, buggy!
Thanks for sharing your recipe. Yum!
Losing a tooth is always fun.
What cute crafts that you all made. That is a keeper for sure.
Thanks for posting the recipe. I will make it soon :)
woowoo for the big belly and the peppermint brownies.
oh wait that did not sound right!
you know what i mean!
You're so funny! I can't imagine doing everything you do right now. Give Milo a big high five for me. I'm still amazed he remembered how you made that cake. Trevor said he wouldn't have had a clue. Way to pay attention big guy!
Yea, I can't wait to make these. I think this weekend is going to be perfect for them.
I LOVE those ornaments. I will have to look for them to buy. Such cute idea.
I love the crafty manger idea! So cute! I am IN LOVE with your recipe! That is going to be my death for sure! Thanks for sharing!
36 weeks! YAHOO!
Those ornaments are so cute, I love the rustic looking popsicle sticks.
Thanks for the recipe!
We made those same ornaments in Primary one year, I think they are so cute.
That looks like a recipe I would enjoy. Marc was just commenting on the amazing amount of butter we go through this time of year, yikes!
If you haven't addressed your cards yet, I would recommend doing a mail merge on your computer. It does take some time to type in all your addresses but you only have to do it once! Then you can print your envelopes every year. Now that job isn't overwhelming anymore.
Milo is crafty, Milo is crafty. he he
Elise prays for a loose tooth. funny kids.
Post a Comment