Wednesday, December 12, 2007

With the Boys Help

36 1/2 weeks

{I know, I'm in black again. It is a different shirt but I've gotten to the point that only 5 or 6 are comfortable. They are on a strict rotation and I can't wait to give them up entirely!}


I had to ask the boys for help with getting a pregnant shot this afternoon. This is the best they could come up with (they each took 10 pictures, it was getting really old). The others showed me with 4 chins (holding the camera up at me...bad, bad angle), bending over (not pretty), a leaning tower of all sorts of pregnant (a tilted camera) and with my eyes shut. They thought they were pretty big stuff helping me out though. Then Kathryn came in the room and wanted some camera time, I was done so I told her next time, it's her turn. I always mean for Milo to take one of me but by the time he gets home from work, I'm hobbling around tired and in no mood for photos.

And in case you are wondering, I didn't crop my head out, I think this one was taken by Nathan so it's courtesy of him. But really he did me a favor, you can't see the gray that's all over the top of my head this way. Coloring my hair is on the important list before this baby gets here. And cutting the boys hair. I've been holding out on all 3 jobs until the last minute. My rational is that they will last longer and when they need it again, I'll somewhat feel like it. It could happen like that, right?

16 comments:

donna said...

Oh You look so CUTE!!!!!!!! I am so excited for to have these baby. I hop i will be able to see you soon :)



Hey there is a sonic being build here. YUMMY!!!!!!

Amy said...

I can't believe you're so close to done! Of course, those last few weeks seem like the longest, don't they?You look adorable!

carlo said...

now that is a cute little belly! awww! so close now!!!!!!

Kristen said...

Your so close!!! how exciting!
You look great!!!

jenny said...

Hey you get what you can right? I am wishing I had a blog to document my pregnancy photos. I know I hated taking photos of me at the time, but those are priceless times!

Only a few short weeks. Woo hoo!

becca said...

YOu look so cute...and you look so SMALL for being so close!! when is your "official" due date??? My Dr. refuses to go by my dates (which makes my due date Jan. 6th) and is going by my early ultrasound which puts me due the
16th I think...way too far away, I feel like I could go into labor any day now(but I know that is not going to happen)

Anna said...

Yay! Finally. You really do look great, even in person. I cant wait to hold the little man. Time is flying by now, so not long.

Shaila Lou said...

Finally another prego picture. I'm sure you'll love looking back at them, even if the photographers weren't that great!You're looking good. I'm glad you get to go first, I don't know that I'm ready for a newborn yet. I better get all geared up.

Having a hard time sleeping...this is a late post!

Kelly said...

How cute are you?? For some reason I had not realized you were so close to baby time! Wow -- exciting!

Holly said...

You look adorable Mel. Seriously! I cant wait to see you...we will be there in 13 days! Don't have the baby until we get there!

Melinda said...

Cute picture! I can't beleive you are that far along. How crazy fast it has gone, or at least for me!

Jill said...

You look cute! The time has gone so quickly for me, ha. It's cute that you had the boys take pictures of you, this is what you look like to them all the time eh? It's also nice that the Nativity is in the background, it helps date the photo.

Laurie said...

You do look small. Yay for you! Seriously. I hope these next few weeks are smooth sailing!

Barb said...

My own children have never taking a flattering picture of me, but I think this one is a winner and I love the nativity scene in the picture, it tells all about the time of year and what else you have going on.

michelle said...

I love your rationale. It totally sounds like something I would tell myself.

I so wish I had a blog during one of my pregnancies, then maybe I would have documented that time properly!

Amie said...

You look great! Digital cameras are so handy for having the kids help with pictures. I wouldn't have taken so many chances with film!