Monday, December 24, 2007

It Happened on the 23rd!!!


Reed William

b. 12/23/07 w. 8 lbs 15 oz l. 21 1/4"


Can you believe it? I know, I can't believe it either! There are so many titles that could start this post, like...

Our New Christmas Miracle!

I'll Never Learn to NOT Procrastinate.

What? I Had Him 2 Weeks Early!!! (thank heavens!)

I want to say so much more and I plan to, but not tonight. I just didn't want to miss posting about our newest addition. I'm so happy to be home. I feel so blessed to be healthy and have a healthy baby here with me. And, I'm grateful for family that rallied around us at such a busy and hectic time of year to help an unprepared woman out.

So cute, they brought him to me in this stocking.

Here we are heading home!
Much more later....

38 comments:

Laurie said...

NO WAY!! CONGRATULATIONS! ! ! ! I'm glad to hear it went well and to see you have such a darling boy for Christmas. Oh my goodness! Hope all is well!

Anna said...

I have been spelling his name wrong. I love the double E. He is even cuter than I remember. Congrats again. I love him, he is my new fav cousin.

Anna said...

Ps I cant stop staring at his hair. So wild, I love it,

carlo said...

OH HOW SWEET! I actually couldn't wait to get over here and thought "What if she had the baby!!" and sure enough you did.
WOW.

What a gift! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Melanie! Too exciting.

ENjoy this special holiday...

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

WHAT? Oh Melanie...I had NO idea! Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations! You were so worried you would go over. Hooray for you.

I love his name. He's beautiful. You look great, too.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

WHAT? Oh Melanie...I had NO idea! Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations! You were so worried you would go over. Hooray for you.

I love his name. He's beautiful. You look great, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh Melanie, congratulations!! How exciting to go early, even if you weren't expecting it. He is adorable, and I'm sure the kids are so excited. And how exciting to still get to be home for
Christmas too! Hope it is a good day!

Barb said...

Congratulations! You look amazing, and Reed is just so beautiful!
Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I'm a proud Auntie! He is such a cute little baby. I love all the pictures I got of him, and have been showing him off to family. I'll have to make it over sometime and upload them to your computer!

What a great Christmas present, I'm so glad you were able to go home. I can't wait to hold him again. Hopefully I'll get some more chances before I leave!!

Doodle Bugs said...

What a Christmas miracle!!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! So happy for you- congratulations! How great to have him home for Christmas! His hair is killing me! So stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! YAY! And great choice of a name. Our boy's name is Reid David :).

Brianne said...

He is so cute. I'm so glad I was able to see him for a little bit before heading out of town and I'm so happy you were able to be home in time for Christmas. AMAZING!! I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas!

Angie said...

congrats mel! another cute baby.

Lucy said...

Very happy congratulations to you and your family! He is absolutely darling. What a great Christmas gift!

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness Melanie talk about a shocker! i'm so HAPPY for you, what wonderful news and the most perfect Christmas gift ever:)
glad your doing well, he's beautiful!!! I'm so so happy for you!!

tamiearl said...

So happy for you, Mel. He's a cutie and a big boy! Aren't you glad all the craziness of bdays and xmas are over now so you can chill and enjoy your kids. Miss you lots!

becca said...

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!! First...good thing you had him 2 weeks early, he is so big..and SO CUTE!!! I am so happy for you, glad you are home safe and happy. What a doll he is and WHAT A CHRISTMAS for you! Congratulations!!!! WOW...I am still in shock...STILL pregnant, and I am sure STILL weeks away!! :)

michelle said...

WOW! So cute to get him in that great big stocking. And how very very sweet to bring home a new baby boy on Christmas Eve! Congratulations Melanie!

Anna said...

Ya, in all your spare time we need to see more of Mr Reed. I hope to pay him a visit here soon. Let me know if you need anything!

Robyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a surprise. I hope it all went smoothly and you are feeling well. Also hope that you got to enjoy Christmas at home with your family and new little one. So exciting. Reed is a very cute name. How are the kids adjusting? They must be so excited. What a fun Christmas present for you all.

Unknown said...

woo hoo! Merry Christmas and Merry New Addition!!

::lindsay said...

Congratulations Melanie! He is so handsome! I'm so happy for you that you were able to have the baby early!

Kelly said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful Christmas surprise. He is so cute -- all that fuzzy hair. Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and that you are getting lots of rest!

Price Cream Parlor said...

OH MY! I was just stopping by to check out your Christmas post! What a great surprise! CONGRATULATIONS! What a darling baby with some great hair!! WOW! My Hunter was almost 3 weeks early and it totally threw me. Good thing that you had great family and friends to help! Having a Dec baby is always an extra special blessing!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! (you look fantastic by the way!)

Christina said...

what in the world?!?!?! CONGRATS! how cute -in a stocking!!!

Amy said...

Happiest congratulations to you! I can't think of a more beautiful Christmas gift!

jenny said...

I am so behind. Congrats Melanie. He is beautiful and how adorable to come home in a stocking. What a blessed Christmas present. Love the name.

Hope you are recovering--just got your darling Christmas card!

Yay for tax breaks eh? :)

Anna said...

You sound like you are doing awesome so...in all your spare time I would like some new Reed pics when I blog stalk you!

Jill said...

Congratulations!!! He's beautiful! What a surprise to come 2 weeks early like that, your little Christmas miracle. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie!! I love the name and love the hair. Congratulations!!
He gets to share a birthday with Joseph Smith, that's pretty cool!

carlo said...

i am in love with the hair! i can't get enough of the pics!

hope you are hanging in there, melanie!

Kim said...

Yippee! Such a cutie!

Melinda said...

Oh, how cute!! COngrats on the darling baby!! My sister had hers today so I guess all that is left is Becca! I hope you are doing well!!

donna said...

Melanie
Oh my CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you. Reed is so cute.
Something will be in the mail soon.

BIg Hugs Donna

Liz said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!!

Natasha said...

Oh my, CONGRATS! How did I miss this?! That stocking is just too cute!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, I bet you feel so much better. He's a doll, can't wait to meet him.