Today Milo and I are officially 'in our 30's' together. Finally, it's only taken him 2 years to catch up. He had a good day at work, had lunch out with his mom (they work in the same town right now) and we all got together for dinner and cake after he got home. But the night wasn't without some fun surprises...stay tuned.
I went back and read his birthday post from last year. All of it still stands. Well except now it's more like over 7000 songs on his iPod, he graduated from college in June, he sleeps during the night as opposed to working graveyard, he got a new (to him) car that his head doesn't touch the roof (that's a big one for him) and so much more. (Forgive me Milo, I want to finish this ON your birthday and at 10:30, it's getting difficult)
I am so blessed to have him in my life as cheesy at that sounds. He doesn't care that I have a super failing pregnant mind right now and his presents weren't wrapped (for the record, they were in a box). And he didn't have a card from me or the kids. He doesn't care that I growl at him in the night (well, maybe a little), he makes jokes about it (I have no idea I'm doing it, I swear!).
I Love You so much, thanks for all you do for me, the kids and your family in general. I can't wait to see you with another new baby boy (not much time now).
Happy 30th Birthday Milo !!
And for the fun surprise (thank me later that there are no photos). After we ate the kids were playing around, not too crazy, just loud. Nathan came up to me and was all sorts of snuggly and started telling me he didn't feel well. That his tummy hurt. I figured it did because he isn't one to say he's sick all the time. I rubbed his back and he seemed fine. No fever or anything like that. He turned down cake and told me he wanted to go lay upstairs by himself. I said fine after cake we are going home, it was close to bedtime.
He started up the stairs, turned around and walked towards me and threw up all. over. me. the table, my cake and the floor! I mean all over! It was so gross I didn't even think about documenting it. He was so embarrassed he started to cry. We went and put him in the tub and I sat around with a wet shirt and pants until Milo ran home and got clean clothes so we could get home.
I'm so hoping it was a random attack and that it was from eating too much junk or drinking too much (I saw him guzzle 3-4 full glasses of water after dinner). I'm just going to play it by ear through the night and morning. He wants to go to school so bad, it's their Holiday Party tomorrow at noon and I'm one of the parent helpers needed for their stations. So I'm off to bed, crossing my fingers he really is healthy and can party away tomorrow. Any random attacks from your kids this holiday season?
p.s. I hate Blogger tonight and the random double spacing or squishy spacing at the bottom of this post. It took me 20 minutes to get this post decent! UGH!!
p.s. I hate Blogger tonight and the random double spacing or squishy spacing at the bottom of this post. It took me 20 minutes to get this post decent! UGH!!
15 comments:
Happy Birthday Milo! Dairy Queen cake wins every time with me.
I love those pictures of him smiling, Melanie...he's such a happy guy I can't believe he doesn't smile naturally for pictures.
Good luck with the parties and pukes today.
Happy Bday to Milo! My hubby would be soo jelous of guitar hero. He wants that so bad.
So sorry about getting puked on. Why doesn't it always happen to us moms?
I made your brownies and holy cow they are sooooo good!
Happy B-day Milo!!!!
ROCK out!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Bro! I love you and can't believe you are SO OLD!!
Hope Nathan gets feeling better, and we don't all get sick for the holdays too! That would suck!
Happy birthday to your sweet husband!!
This is the season for sickness! I am just waiting for one of my girls to come down with something...every since having kids I don't think we have had many healthy Christmas's. Maybe my cold will count this year and the rest of the family will stay healthy!! I hope everything works out!!
First Happy Birthday Milo. What a young pup he is. That photo with the guitar hero is classic.
And oh yuck is right. Throwing up is the worst, but all over you as well?? Poor you and Nathan. I hope he feels better soon.
The guitar hero picture is the best! Happy Birthday, Milo!
That sure is a convincing face full of surprise and excitement.
I hope the throw ups didn't last. This is the wrong time of year for that. I have the nastiest cold and I am hoping the whole family doesn't have it by Christmas. Better than throw ups though!
You are cracking me up with your pregnancy weariness. I totally understand, but it's still funny to read about it you not wrapping Milo's gifts or making a cake. Good for you!
Poor Nathan, he made quite a display of being sick eh? I hope it was an isolated event.
Happy Birthday Milo!! HOw much longer Mel? You have to be getting close. Hang in there..you will make it. Of course I never went full term, so I really shouldn't have an opinion on the subject. Cant wait to see you in a few days!
Happity Pappity Birthday Milo! Wanna wrestle?
Oh poor Nathan!
I hope it doesn't spread to the rest of the family.
I have Blogger woes too.
Happy Birthday! I am so sorry to hear about your Nathan! Hope that he feels better soon!
Now, we will just need a photo of your family playing the new game!
You had no idea when you wrote this that baby boy was on his way soon! Haha! What a little sneaker.
Oh dear, sorry to hear about the unhappy surprise at the end... but the picture of Milo smiling with his Guitar Hero box is just hilarious.
Post a Comment