Here it is, Wednesday randoms. Not much else going on so it's the best I could come up with. Half of this post was started yesterday and then I had internet issues all afternoon. I was grumpy with Blogger and the internet in general so I finally gave up. Today the internet, Blogger and I are getting along much better.
--I really never thought the day would come when I said I missed Milo working graveyard. And on an everyday basis, I don't miss it. But today (12/18) he's home from work and was around in the morning before school, just like the old days. What a difference! And I'm not just saying that because I slept in for a half an hour. (Although that was definitely helpful.) It is so much easier to tag team our kids with their ages than take it on yourself. Most mornings, Dane spends his time harassing the older kids and slowing their progress so if one of us can distract him, everything goes much more according to plan. And who doesn't like things to go according to plan? Really it's no secret that I do so this morning was a welcome reprieve. And after yesterday, it was needed! Thanks Milo!
--On his day home from work we tackled some organizing so this little baby boy will have a place to sleep and live. We moved stuff to outside storage and moved the baby clothes in. Now at least they are here ready to be washed. I'm not sure when I'll start that but they are inside, that's a plus. There is no way I can lug them around now, the belly is just too much in the way. Oh and the new car seat I ordered is in here now too. I could tell it's been a while since I've messed around with a newborn car seat. It took me 10 minutes to figure it all out. And it feels so much heavier than our last one and so far, this one's empty. I guess I'm just hoping to get some strong arm muscles lugging a full car seat around.
--I sent my Pink Christmas off, yeah! Milo willingly went to the post office yesterday and sent it (Thanks!!). He also bought stamps for our Christmas cards that I've had for 2 weeks and haven't sent because I was stampless. I know getting stamps isn't a huge task, it's just one that I kept putting off. They are ready to send today and are getting dropped off when I go get the kids. Love getting that off the list!
--I went to the Dr today (12/19). No big news, we'll probably set a date next week for induction. I didn't gain any weight this week so even if I haven't had the baby at least the scale was nice to me!
--Milo's birthday is tomorrow. And (he already knows this) I still have shopping to do. Not a smart thing to leave undone less than a week before Christmas. Thankfully he is easy to please.
--I only have a couple more appointments until I say goodbye to hair for awhile. The moms are left, they get the last ones. You have to do nice stuff like that for the moms. Especially when they're going to help you with your new baby! I feel fine doing it. The only thing I hate right now is getting winded to easily. It makes me feel like I have zero lung capacity. And with how he is pushing around, I'm sure it's crowded in there.
--I've gotten Good Mail twice this week. I went to document it and my camera batteries are dead (grrrr!). I need a back up set or I'm sure I'll be missing cute photos ops with a newborn. I'll post photos when I get battery juice back. Thanks Melinda, the clothes are so cute! Nathan can't wait for him to wear the pants. They were his favorite because they are so small. And Becca, you are as pregnant as me, how are you sending out Good Mail? Thanks for thinking of me, I can't wait to wear the fuzzy socks. I'm sure they'll come in handy in a couple weeks when I'm lounging around the hospital, ha! (Is it possible to lounge there when they bug you all the time?) Thanks Becca!
--I'm off to do Marion's hair then dinner. I can't wait, I get to see Leisha (sil) and baby Emma for the first time (our niece born in October). They flew in from New York late last night for the holidays.

6 comments:
Clever picture to go with the story!
You're random, in a good way.
At first before reading I thought you guys were doing some grave site visiting. I know what you mean about schedules. I don't miss Doug working late at night, but the random mornings he was home it was SOO nice.
Happy Birthday to Milo today! And have fun with the family.
You are so close! My dr. told me on Tues. that I have at LEAST three more weeks...maybe four. He will not induce unless I am dialated (to a 3) and since I don't dilate early he sees me going late. Oh, well...the truth is, now that it is coming so fast I think I am getting a little nervous and could use an extra week to get ready! I can't imagine how you can still do hair. Being winded is the worst...and standing on your feet!! My ankles are so swollen!
Wow you are so close. I am so excited for you.
Hello, when i saw the picture. I thought someone died !!!!!
That would be hard to have your DH working nights.
I hop you are able to get some rest before the baby comes.
HAve a Merry Christmas my sweet friend :)
You're in the home stretch, what a time of year to be about to deliver! I'm glad you have moms to help you and am so happy that Milo isn't working graveyard shifts any more.
Post a Comment