Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Happiest of New Year Presents!
This sweet baby boy gave me THE best New Year presents ever! I fed him last night at 1 am and we both crashed. When he woke me up again, it was 7 am!! 6 whole hours of uninterrupted sleep!!! A six hour stretch was exactly what I needed. And then after a little taste of the sleep that I've been missing, I took a morning nap until almost 11:30! (Thanks Milo and Mom!) It felt like the 'don't know what you're missing until it's gone' kind of feeling. Anyway, I feel good today. Rested and awake. And yesterday I didn't even know I was tired. Weird how that works. (And I have NO expectations that any of that long sleeping will continue any time soon, but even still, it was great for one night.)
I've also had a post hanging out in draft form for 3 days! I go back to it and add more and then don't quite finish it. I decided last night that I'm going to post smaller posts and back date them. With Reed born on the 23rd, coming home from the hospital on the 24th, Christmas the next day and many happenings since then, I've just felt overwhelmed at documenting it all at once. So little posts with each day are in the works, it's my goal for tonight. My first goal for 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
31 comments:
So glad you're doing well and got some much needed rest!
Congrats on the 6 hours of non interrupted sleep! Matt said your new little guy was adorable and he was right. What a great way to bring in the new year
How nice to get so much sleep! That is a great way to start the new year. Reed is so stinking cute! I can't wait to hold him again. He's so easy going right now. Hopefully it lasts for a long time! Love ya!
Oh, he is so adorable! I'm glad you got so much sleep! it's such a blessing when you have a newborn, when they sleep for so long. Good for you for being realistic about it, though. It's only a small gift, usually. But who knows, you could get lucky!
What a darling picture, Melanie. How cute.
Glad to see you are making small post goals. I love Reed. I loved holding him today, although Maggie hogged him. What a nice little present he gave you.
What a fantastic picture! I am so glad you are feeling good. I really can't imagine having a baby with everything else going on around Christmas. You MUST be exhausted. He is such a little doll and I hope you can get more sleep like that!!
What a difference a few hours of sleep make! And what a beautiful little boy! Here's hoping for a new schedule.
What a sweet, sweet photo.
Hope you are recovering well. I can't believe you are already posting. Go Melanie! What a Happy New Year indeed for your family!!
wow 6 hours. WOW that is great :) I am so glad you are doing good. OH Reed is so cute,
I will call you in a few weeks. I know you are very busy!
Oh whenever you are up to it. I want to have you and Anna over for lunch. Oh and bring the BABY :)!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 hours of sleep is a wonderful gift! He's so darling. I hope he continues to give you some opportunities for catching up on sleep! Happy New Year!
He sure looks cute. It's amazing what a little sleep can do for the mom of a newborn. It really is the best gift.
It was so great to see you and your fam! Sorry you didn't make it out that night! If it makes you feel better, we went to Ephrata the next day and there were HUGE patches of snow and ice all along Dodson Rd. I think ya'll made the right decision! Give Reed a kiss from me (and all the rest too)!
What a sweet photo! Sleep for a mother of a newborn is definitely the best gift of all. Here's to getting some more!
Isn't it crazy when six straight hours of sleep seems like the best night sleep ever? I got six last night and feel like death.
You are both too cute in that picture. I love newborns.
happy new year!!
i love the idea of small posts. keep 'em coming - we love the updates!
oh i love that photo of you---so precious...and NICE 6 hours of sleep straight!!
i cant keep up with the blog either-which is why i've resorted to once a week updates!
wow, now that is amazing!
HAPPY HAPPY New YEar!
Happy New Year! How wonderful to start of the year with a new baby and your mom visiting. Enjoy the help and the rest.
what a darling photo of you and Reed! So cute! Glad to hear that you were able to get some much needed rest! A 6 hour stretch is unheard of for my new born babes! That is fantastic!
THat is the sweetest picture! I am so glad you got to have some great sleep!
Great photo of you two, you're both looking so good. I'm so glad you got to sleep, what a gift. I hope you're taking it easy and easing into life with baby #4!
What a sweet boy! That is awesome. I hope, for your sake, that he's going to be a great sleeper and continue that every night. You never know! He is gorgeous and it ALMOST makes me want another one, hee hee.
Congratulations!!! He is darling. I love the photo!
I hope you are still getting some decent sleep in... sounds like a great way to ring in the New Year!
Sorry it has taken me so long to get over here and wish you well!
What a sweet pic of you and Reed. BTW, I love his name! And what a busy Christmas you had!!
What where have I been?????????????????
oh my i didn't know, i am so happy for you, so excited!!! wow.
congrats. yea!
i am so bummed because i can't see the photo. but all that hair in the other one..
love the name.
Come on-give us some more Reed pics.
Multiple hours of sleep in a row...what a gift. The best in fact. Such a sweet photo.
I don't think I can remember the last time I slept for 6 hours uninterrupted, and mine is 14 months.
Enjoy those moments. Hopefully he will be a sleeper.
Congrats on that sweet baby boy. He is adorable. Sleep to a new mom is the best gift ever.
Okay Melanie, this is the thing. You have like a thousand people that love you and leave about a million and one fun comments to read, and I get all excited when I have like 2. Anyways, I am so glad that I FINALLY have your blog address. I was excited to get a comment from you and then I click on your name to finally get your address and it's not there and I think to myself, if I ask Melanie one more time what her blog is, she is going to die of embarrassment because she has a friend that has no idea how to really blog (from reading your fun blogs, I REALLY have no idea what I'm doing) anyways and then I think of Kortni and realize that I set her blog up and wrote her firsts to posts for her, so I can't be that bad! I love that picture of your little Reed, I know that I am biased, but he does look like Beck in that picture when he was born, the dark hair, dark skin.... He is adorable, like really, I can't say it enough, what if my baby comes out weird looking? Lie to me and tell me that she's beautiful okay because I won't realize it until I look back on her baby pictures anyways. :) You are going to regret giving me your blog because now you are going to get big ol novel length comments..... see you soon when we are healed and I can actually hold the little Parent Cover baby Reed (I got an appt for Beck at 9 in the am, hope i make it... ) :)
Post a Comment