Tuesday, January 08, 2008

One Week Old

Two posts in two days. I'm feeling pretty good about getting these posts up. Now if I can just continue the trend, I have so much more to say.

Ok now he's 2 weeks old but these were taken when Reed was only a week old. And of course I was going to post them back then but.....well you get how much blogging time I'm given these days. NOT enough!

Milo took the kids to church even though I'm sure he would have enjoyed a Sun off too (Thank you!!). While the house was quiet (and I mean quiet) my mom and I played around with Reed and took lots of pictures of him.

For the most part he complied. At first he didn't want to go to sleep because he was a little cold. Who wants to stay awake that long when they are only 7 days old! Well Reed does, that's who.

He was so funny when we were taking these two. He was wanting to go to sleep but kept fighting it. I had to keep making my mom close his eyes. He would only open one and look a little funny with one eye open. I love his little fat rolls too. The only time fat rolls look good!

The first photo was the one we took at the very end. When he actually fell asleep I just kept taking them and moving him all over the place (it was so fun). I doubt he appreciated it. But I'm so glad I didn't take his feelings into consideration because it's my favorite one, I think he looks like a little angel. But just to make sure I knew he wasn't he peed and pooped on the blanket because we were pressing our luck by having his diaper off that long. Oh well, the joys of a newborn, especially a naked one.

32 comments:

Korbi said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay professional photographer, I totally claughtered the spelling of that first word, hmmm... I was looking at those pics thinking, "oh hey, no diaper, brave Melanie." Then I finished reading and almost wet my pants from laughing. How do I add a picture that shows up when I leave comments? Like my "main" pic, you'rs is cute by the way. :)

Liz said...

He is so cute Melanie! I'm glad you were able to get these pictures taken, what a treasure! I only have good pictures of Jared when he was a newborn, the girls were not so lucky. Enjoy him!

Matt said...

Melanie, those pictures are so pretty! What kind of camera do you have?

Amy said...

Oh, my goodness! Those photos are painfully beautiful! There's nothing more to say. Well, yes there is--you and Milo created a beautiful baby! Good job! ;)

Barb said...

What a nice way to spend a few hours, taking beautiful pictures of a beautiful boy!

Anonymous said...

Melanie,
I am your pink christmas girlfriend and first have to apologize for spacing and not putting my address on your gift. Second...I have been checking your blog and enjoying getting to know little glimpses about you and your family. Your new little guy is adorable and sweet and the pictures are PRICELESS. So glad that I got you and now have another link to a wonderful woman and moms blog :)

michelle said...

There is just nothing like a naked newborn! Wonderful photos.

Laura Lei said...

Melanie, he's beautiful. Congrats on the new baby. Those pictures are so adorable, I am starting to feel a little baby hungry.

Kristen said...

I love those pictures! He is adorable, so glad your doing well!!

Anonymous said...

This will be something that you will cherish all your days! And when he is a teenager, you can look back and say, he was cute once. ;) But seriously, your pictures look a lot like Anne Geddes, so beautiful and timeless. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!

Natasha said...

Great pics - he is a beautiful baby!

donna said...

OH!!!!! so cute! Those pictures are WONDERFUL :)

becca said...

CAn I just say WOW!! What great pictures and he is a little doll! What a cute baby he is, I love all that hair!

I have never even taken pictures like this of my girls...but now with a digital camera I plan too. What a great thing for you to have of your sweet little newborn!

Adolescent Family said...

Milo & Melanie,

Congrats on your new baby! I recently stumbled upon your blog and now check in frequently to see you all! We are glad to hear you are doing well. Your family is beautiful!

Keven wants me to tell you to tell Milo that he wants to play XBOX online sometime. Crazy boys, will they ever grow up? probably not!

Your pictures are gorgeous and so is your boy!
Take care,
Tiffany

Laurie said...

OK, you're professional. You can save yourself a lot of money by taking your own pics because they're great! He's so cute and already photogenic.

I'm glad you've had a lot of help from your mom and Milo. And that you only had to push one time! WoohooO!!

Shaila Lou said...

I love the pictures Mel! You did a great job. Reed is so cute. I wish I could hold him again. I'm afraid I won't have much of a chance once mine is born. I can't remember if I held Dane much. But anyways, I guess will just have to trade for a while! HAHA! Again, Love the pics, there awesome!

Bethany said...

Korbi told me that I needed to look at your blog because you have the cutest baby pics up. Congratulations!! He's just a little angel, Melanie. You and your mom did a great job with the pics.

jenny said...

Those photos are AMAZING!! What an adorable little guy. Oh, I wish I was closer so I could squeeze him!!

Melinda said...

Those are the most precious pictures ever!!! SO darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Melanie! Those photos are amazing! So beautiful. And you're right about that first one -- it's a treasure! He's so cute.

Jill said...

He is such a beautiful baby! You did a wonderful job on these photos, it's so great that you took the time to play around like that, these are priceless.

Holly said...

Awesome pictures!! What a handsome little guy! Give him a hug and kiss from Cousin Holly!

::lindsay said...

I LOVE those pictures! He is adorable!

Price Cream Parlor said...

OH MY! Those photos are just too darling! I wish I had taken some like these when my boys were newborn. Reed is soooo cute! Loving the hair! Love the nakee baby shots! You really captured some great photos!
Hope YOU are doing well!

Samantha said...

I go to mexico for a couple weeks and look what i miss! congratulations! Reed is such a beautiful baby! I love all of the pictures- and I thought the one of him in the stocking was adorable. I'm so glad all is well.

Amie said...

Such cute pictures! I am way impressed that you did them yourself. Did you have your mom get you in some?! I hope.

michelle said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy! The photos are wonderful!

Christina said...

oh too cute--the fat rolls ALREADY?! isnt that kind of early to have fat rolls??? or maybe im just too old to have fat rolls is the REAL problem huh!!

Angie said...

amazing pictures. the first one is my favorite. so cute.

sunni said...

You seriously need to become a professional photograper. You do an amazing job. So adorable!!

Robyn said...

So cute. I wish I had more photos of my newborns like this. Priceless.

Unknown said...

he is gorgeous!