Yeah I finished this post! OK, so it was with Reed in the front pack to have both hands free, but I did it!

I'm happy to report that all is well in this house and everyone is healthy! Dane started it all, gave it to Kat and then Nathan got the worst of it and missed school Wed-Fri last week. I ended up taking him in to the walk in (even though I hate that place) and he had a raging ear infection. I was so paranoid of the baby getting sick with something but I turned into the hand washing police and was continuously wiping the whole house down with Lysol wipes. I think everyone is glad that phase is over (mostly me!).

Reed is such a good baby. I have never had a baby this young that will sleep a 6 hour stretch at night. It isn't every night but for the past couple weeks it's been about 4/5 nights a week and to me that's good for a 6 week old. He doesn't really settle down until midnight but I figure since he gives me a 6 hour stretch I can't complain. But, if he moved it all ahead a couple hours I wouldn't complain then either. I need that sleep much more this time around since the kids are older and we have school every morning. With the other boys I took a lot more naps and slept in. No longer are the sleep in days. Sigh, I miss them!

My fabulous supporters and surprisers. I wish I would have sat down and written out the lies I was told the week. Apparently there were MANY! Marion called a few days earlier to tell me that she was planning a girl's night (Reed was invited) and then she would have Kathryn spend the night. Anna was supposed to come but she kept telling me she wasn't too sure since she would have to bring her kids and felt bad about that. Marion was going to make dinner (she did), Elaine was going to come and bring the dessert (she had no idea she was going to do that...all a lie) and I told Marion that I would find some treat to bring. She kept telling me that I didn't need to and just show up but I did anyway (I don't listen very well). I made Sour Cream Banana Bars and as I was driving up to her cul de sac it was filled with cars. I started to get all teary and felt so loved. Kathryn was confused with all the cars until she saw Anna look out the window and said, 'I see someone looking out, maybe they are trying to surprise us.' The girl never misses a trick. She caught you Anna.
We had a great dinner, a fabulous dessert (that I still thought Elaine had made, I'm so gullible) and everyone approved of Reed and his cuteness. I'm so blessed to have family and friends that love and support me and my family. So many cute outfits, lots of diapers and wipes, some baby toys, lotion for me and one of the cutest quilts from Marion. I have no idea when she found the time to make it but it's great! I know she's a busy woman (5 kids & 4 just had babies...no kidding she's busy) so it means a lot that she would take the time for little Reed. Thanks so much Marion, I love it!
And all is forgiven with all the lies. I'll just remember who all told them and I'll get you back, I promise!

I think it's so funny when babies go cross eyed. Reed kept doing it one night and I was cracking up. He's giving cousin Kate a run for her money. She has some hilarious cross eyed pictures.

This is the quilt Marion made Reed (in a very dark, not very clear photo). I LOVE it! The blue and brown flannel is so cute and who doesn't love a blanket with Minky on the back? It is
so soft. I'm always tempted to use it myself.

Reed got this cute bear outfit at the shower. I wanted to take his picture with the bear hood up. I was working hard at getting a smile out of him but to no avail. My mom says it's justice and that when I was a baby she would have to gargle peanut butter to see me smile. I like to call this his serious phase. He does smile though, and one day, I'll get it on camera!

I had to show how much he *loved* the photos in the bear coat.

Last Friday Anna and I snuck out of the house for a much needed lunch. I had about an hours worth of time to be 'Reed' free and it was nice to sit and chat. We don't get together that often mostly because of the little humans that we care for everyday and the fact that were a town away but when we do, we always have a good time. Thanks for the pop Anna!
14 comments:
What a sweet surprise for you!! You've got some good friends!
Love the pictures of Reed. He looks adorable in the bear outfit! :)
I so know what you mean about not getting to sleep in....and I don't even have a newborn!! Having kids in school is good, but rough for the wakeups!
what a surprise to have a girl's night . Looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Glad to know that Anna made it :)
the picture of Reed in the bear out-fit is so cute. All the pictures of Reed is cute.
Oh and you also had a girl's lunch with Anna. FUN FUN :)!!!!!
Seriously Melanie, that baby is the cutest thing I've seen since.... my own babies. I just want to... pinch his cheeks!
Wow, how nice! How fun to feel so loved by so many. That really is so great. I am so happy you could get so spoiled and Reed also. THose are such darling pictures of baby Reed. I hope you continue with good sleep!
how fun to get out for a pop with a gfriend--a pop HAS to be better then a beer right!
SO fun that your friends threw a surprise little shindig for you and reed--you have good friends!
that cross eyed photo is HILARIOUS!
I'm glad to hear you are all better in your house! I have also turned into the handwashing police.
Yuk...I hate sick kids. So glad you are all doing better! Reed is getting so big and so cute! You really do have great friends. Wish we could see you more!
too cute!
what a sweet circle to surprise you.
i love the "peeking around" in the last pic. good for you for having a bit of "reed free" time to hang out.
I'm glad the sickness has passed! I hate being the Lysol wipe police too...
I love the surprise shower, definitely worth a few little white lies! I think everyone needs a flannel/Minky quilt, so snuggly. And the cross-eyed photo is adorable.
Those pictures of Reed are the best! He is so cute! Between your new baby and Becca's my baby mine better be cute, he has some stiff cometition hahaha :)
You ARE loved! And in league with a bunch of habitual liars by the sound of it:)
I can't believe how big Reed is now! He's so adorable. I can't wait to see him again. I guess the next time will probably be for "Time Out for Women". Ready for our play date!?!
So glad all the sickness is gone now, that's no fun, especially with a newborn and not wanting to get him sick.
Your welcome for the pop. Im a dollar poorer, but you did offer to repay me. Thanks for lunch, to bad I had some extra baggage with me! I love pics of Reed, you know I love me a little Reedus action!
That is an awesome surprise. How fun! That blue bear outfit is darling--they never do like the cute outfits :)
Post a Comment