I've been posting lots of baby business around here but other than the dull drums of laundry, dishes, more laundry and more dishes, there hasn't been much to report on. Milo gets home tonight after being gone since early Tues and can I say, YEAH!! I can't wait. The kids and I have missed him and I'm not going to lie, the reinforcements are needed around here. I'm tired!
We had a serious baby boom with cousins in the last 4 months and they have all made it here safe and sound (What a blessing!). There are 4 new babies around to brag about, five when we count Reed (and of course we brag about him). He is smack dab in the middle of the bunch that have been born to both sides of the family (1 on my side, 3 on his).
Here's the kissing cousin lowdown....

Preston started it all and he belongs to Kyle (my brother) and Heidi. Here he is with Reed (2 days old and a little red) on Christmas Day. They both got these matching pajamas for Christmas, from opposite sides of the family. Heidi and I thought it was so funny. And of course for torture down the road, we had to dress them alike.
His stats.........10-6-07.........8 lbs 13 oz

Preston now at 4 months, such a cute boy. He joins Kate (almost 3) and she is ready to be his boss and a darling boss at that! He has the cutest moon eyes when he smiles, I love them.

Emma was born exactly a week after Preston and she belongs to Leisha (Milo's youngest sister) and Richard. She's the only little girl in the bunch. I can't wait to see her at 3, bossing all the boys around and tattling when necessary. It's handy to have at least one girl amongst the boys. Here she is with Reed on New Year's Eve '07
Her stats...........10-13-07...........8 lbs 12.5 oz

Emma in all her smiley glory at 3 1/2 months.
We haven't met the 2 newest cousins to join the family but we hope to soon.

Grayson belongs to Landon (Milo's brother) and Holli. He is their first baby and gets all the attention. Lucky boy. And his mom can nap whenever (I presume), LUCKY mom!
His stats........1-10-08.........6 lbs 14 oz
And rounding out cousin-ville....

Winston Clark was born just last Sat and he belongs to Shaila (Milo's sister) and Matt. He joins the house with 2 brothers, Malcolm and Quinn. I love this photo of Malcolm kissing his new brother, so sweet.
His stats..........2-2-08..........7 lbs 7 oz
Can you imagine how loud life will be when all these boys grow up and play together? I'm hoping the get togethers happen when it's nice outside. They will have ample energy to burn!
20 comments:
I love all this post. You guys were the baby-makers in our family last year. Just wait 3 yrs and watch the terror unfold. Cute babies!
It's only right that your 4th baby give you good sleeping stretches at night! Glad to hear he is. Your shower sounds great. So good to be loved.
All our cousins are close in age, and it doubles the fun.
This is a great post! I still think it's crazy how we all ended up pregnant at the same time! I can't believe how fast it went too. They are all such cute babies! I'm very thankful that everything has gone great for all of us! Love you, can't wait to see you soon enough!
That is quite the motherload of cousins. Looks like Emma is going to be princess in that pack. So fun!
How fun! These cousins are going to have a blast when they are older!
oh what a cute post. Having cousins so close is the best :)
I was like Emma with all boy cousins my age, at least on the one side. My grandma used to call me a rose among thorns. I'm glad all those babies arrived safe and sound!
It is indeed a huge blessing that they all arrived safe and sound! I never realized what a miracle that is until my sister had a full-term stillbirth. Hooray for healthy babies and happy parents! And hooray for cousins, there's nothing better than same-age cousins.
Reed is such a cute baby and so sweet of him to sleep six hours at a time for you! That is awesome. Not that you still aren't tired and recovering from a new baby. I am sure you miss Milo and can't wait for him to be home. I am so glad my husband doesn't travel for work anymore. When he used to walk in the door, I would just collapse. It's like we ration all our energy right up to the moment they return, then it's all over. So fun to have all those boy cousins too! We only have two boys in our family- we need some more!
I love the sib sets...
Nathan, Dane and Reed
Malcolm, Quinn and Winston
Such great namers and not to mention baby makers. Super CUTE!
what good looking babies! Just so cute!! cousins are the best how fun when they get a little older :)
Very cute post! I'm so excited when we can get all these babies together. Hope all is well. Love you guys!
wow that IS a lot of cousins all at once--thats what happened in the hales family here too..now that they are older & dont need CONSTANT diaper changes-its so great!!
How great that all those cousins will have each other growing up. WHat a bunch of cuties.
That's a lot of babies! i'm grateful for cousins for my children, so how perfect that little Reed has so many future friends.
That is a lot of babies being born! What a blessing to have them all here and healthy! You will have so much fun with them all when they can play together!
Wow, so many sweet cousins all together, what a blessing. Safe births seem miraculous the more I hear about all that can go wrong, so it's no small thing to safely deliver a healthy baby. Congrats to you all!
I can't believe how big he is getting. Why do they do that? He is so cute I just can't stand it. You're better at I am. I haven't updated my blog since before Christmas, and look at you. I have no excuse other than I'm slacking. Anyway's I could just eat that little boy up.
yummm.
i know i know, be greatful, but am I the only one having a girl???? What the crazy heck? There are baby boys everywhere! I don't want Paisley to be boy crazy, who am I kidding, like mother like daughter. :) Hey thanks for calling about Hanna the other day. Little worry wart that she is, not that she doesn't have anything to worry about, I guarantee she's been left waiting a time or two, but that was nice of you to think of her and call. :) Good friend Melanie. :)
More yummy baby pics please :)
Post a Comment