Sunday, February 17, 2008

Caught on Camera

What's been caught on camera around here with the latest blogging hiatus (I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks!)...

I finally caught this sweet baby boy smiling on camera! I guess it's his 8 week birthday present to me. I had gotten a couple in the past few weeks but they were blurry and only half smiles (it's hard when you're the one with the camera and doing the crazy dance to get it caught on camera). He is such a happy baby but so far stingy with his smiles. I hope there's more where they came from because if it's possible, I think he's even cuter with a smile. (Of course I do, I'm his mom!)

Also frequently caught on camera as of late, Dane burping Reed. One day he kept asking to burp Reed but he was extra fussy so I kept putting Dane off and wasn't letting him 'help'. He said in the most serious tone, 'Mom, I'm good at burping Reed. I burp myself all the time.' It was SO funny. Doesn't that sound just like a boy? And I have discovered his burping techniques come in handy when I need to get something done. Thanks Dane!

Last Monday the kids had their 100th day of school. Kat had to make a project and Nate had to take 100 of something. We dyed ziti noddles and Kat made a necklace we wrapped around her four times (it took her forever to thread them all). Then we sprayed it with glitter. She was quite happy with her creation. And ever since that day, Nathan only like to count in 10's. We're on the down hill slide for easier mornings. Summer is that much closer, yeah (I think their teachers say that too)!

After reading Michelle's post, I watched this guy on Oprah. I was inspired to Dump the Frump (as Shellie would say...I would link her but...no blog...hint hint). I ransacked my closet and ended up with 4 bags for Goodwill! So embarrassing since we have such a small closet. I have no idea how all that fit in there. But it felt so good for it all to be gone and out of this house. Not much is left in the clothing department but at least what is left isn't 8 years old!

I am getting to the gym now but I haven't been brave enough to take Reed to the daycare. So I usually end up there at night after dinner when all the 'studs' are lifting weights (they are an annoying bunch!). It's not my favorite time to go but what do you do? I'm afraid of all the kids in the daycare getting Reed sick (RSV has been crazy around here this winter) but I think this week I'm going to brave it when the least amount of kids are there. It works so much better for me to get it done and over with in the morning. Then it's home for laundry and cleaning. The stuff that NEVER ends!

I'm going to work this week to get back to posting and staying caught up! It's been almost 2 weeks since my last post and now most things aren't as funny or relevant when I try to sit down and write about them. So besides feeding the masses, washing their clothes and dishes...blogging/documenting is on the list for this week. Wish me luck....

26 comments:

Amy said...

Reed is so cute! I know I say that every time, but he is just too adorable not to comment upon it. And your Dane sounds like such a little sweetie!

Good luck with the blogging. It's hard after having a baby. It's taken me over a year and a half to get back into it-and even my latest spurt may not be long lasting. I'm glad you have the goal though!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Melanie, Reed is such a cute baby. That first picture is so darling.

"Dump the Frump"--now that's a jingle I can hang onto when I'm tempted to hang on to . . . well . . . frumpy stuff.

I've missed your posts, I wish you the best of luck!

michelle said...

Oh my goodness, that first photo is the cutest thing ever! And his brother wanting to share his burping skills, that is classic.

I'm with Jane, Dump the Frump is a helpful little rhyme!

Becky Noftle said...

Reed is so BIG---I feel slightly sick at how long it's been since I've seen him. Nice to have a cousin so close who never helps you when you have your 4th child isn't it. Melanie your one of the "little cousins" in my memory how can you possibly have 4 kids. That makes me feel old!

Elizabeth said...

Oh he is even cuter. What a charmer. I need to do that to my closet. There is so much in there I never wear because I just choose my few favorites over and over instead.

Shaila Lou said...

Reed is so adorable with the little smile. Looks like he's going to have a dimple...or at least a dent. Winston so far has "dents". I keep wishing they would turn into "uncle Jeff dimples"! I can't believe how big he is. Mom says he's twice the size as Winston. I just can't imagine. I want to hold him!

I love the story of Dane...he's such a funny kid! And when did Kathryn and Nathan start looking so big. Come on, it's only been since Christmas since I've been around.

I'm behind on blogging too. It is hard to blog when you have company too. Then it's, "should I do a blog, or get some sleep?". I've been opting for sleep lately! This week for sure for me. Good luck for you. Can I write a longer comment?

Anna said...

You did it! I forgot to check last night to see if Reed gave in to the blogging. I love the smiling pics, thats the kind he gave me when I got him out of his carseat the other day. I want to keep him! Im with you on the blogging hiatus, and I have no excuse!

Carolyn said...

Melanie, I love the pictures. Kat, Nathan and Dane all look so big. Reed is so adorable, even if he did come at the WRONG time for me. I don't know why you were so excited to Dump the Frump. I love that you had old stuff in your closet, because lots of times I was the lucky recipient. :)

Christina said...

dump the frump makes me laugh..im HUGE about tossing TONS of stuff in my house-my house runs sooo much smoother--maybe cuz i dont have as much crap to pick up!??!?!

he's seriously cuter every picture!!!

anna had her 100th day too..we couldnt do ANY food items! UGH-we ended up just buying star stickers and made a star on a big yellow piece of paper..

jenny said...

Blogging is definitely hard sometimes--especially for you with a new baby. Okay and that is the cutest smile ever! Your boys all resemble each other--darling.

And the burp comment is cracking me up and all too familiar around our house.

I am constantly dumping the frump and sadly keep coming up with more bags. What's up with that??

Congrats on your 4 bags and going to the gym. Go Melanie!

Leisha said...

I must agree with all the other comments, Reed is very cute in that picture! Well he is cute in every picture. Nate Kat, and Dane all look cute too! I miss you guys! I hope all is going well. Love you!

Korbi said...

That picture is sooooooo cute! He smiled at me! He smiled at me! ahah! At my baby shower when I was saying goodbye. It's not that he's stingy about smiles, he just only gives them away to good lookin people..... :) Thanks for coming to my shower, it was so good to see you there!

Brenda said...

Soo cute, that boy! I'm laughing about all the studs at the gym. I think it's hilarious when buff guys walk around here with their shirts off. Like "look at me, I'm so buff". Compensating for much?

Liz said...

What an adorable smile! He is a "looker" for sure! :)

donna said...

Ok i also watched that Oprah show. Good job girl. T hat is a lot of bags to goodwill :)!!!!!!!!
HAve a wonderful day and i still want you over for LUNCH :)!

Robyn said...

Sounds like things are so busy around there. A new baby can just throw off the rhythm and it takes a while to figure it out again, I think. That is great that you are going to the gym (I hate those guys too but I just put on my iPod and zone out). I think going to the gym after a baby is so therapeutic. It makes you feel good about yourself and it gives you some time alone. Reed is so adorable and the kids' projects look fun. I hope you find time to blog some more :-)

Holly said...

He is so stinking cute Mel! The kids are getting big too! I can't believe you are hitting the gym already. You have like a year of free..no questions asked! You are awesome!

Jill said...

Congrats on catching such a great photo of Reed smiling! That is no easy feat with a baby.

If I dump the frump what will I wear?

Melinda said...

That is the cutest picture of Reed! He is soo cute. That is so cute of Dane to want to help.

Good job on the dejunking!

Barb said...

That smiling picture was worth the wait - it's perfect!
Dane's burping skills are cracking me up, funny logic.
Muscle heads in the evening - I've been there. I now go to the YMCA which seems to have a different, less drastic crowd.
You'll have to head to Big Town to get some new updated clothes!

::lindsay said...

Oh, Reed is adorable! I love his cute little smile. I have yet to get a picture of Chloe smiling.

I love the term "dump the frump" and am now going to use it in my own vocabulary!

Anna said...

So Im more than ready for new Reedus pics!

annalisa said...

Wow. I don't know how girls with babies blog, much less take care of all their other kids and their school projects. I love decluttering my house. I've been on a decluttering rampage this week.

Bethany said...

I love Reed's little smile. It seems like it takes them forever to start smiling, so when they do it's just that much more fun. I'm glad to here that you're back in the world of blogging. Two weeks is a long time to stay away, but I guess having 4 kids is a pretty good excuse :)

Natasha said...

Reed is so cute!
I don't blame you, I never could leave my babies in the nursery at the gym, etc. either. They are germ festivals.

Anonymous said...

i want your daughters panties when you throw them out