Tuesday, January 22, 2008
SPT- What's In a Name
With only 6 minutes to spare I'm doing SPT this week! The challenge was to explain how you came up with your blog name. I would have had it finished earlier but I'll let you guess how my evening went with the above photo. I do not know what was wrong in his little tummy (I'm eating all things bland mind you) but he was one unhappy little boy tonight.
I had wanted to start a blog for months and months before I finally came out of lurkdom and jumped on board (in Nov 06). I could not think of a name and thought about it for a couple days before I gave up and went with the first one I thought about. I am such a procrastinator by nature (DNA perhaps?) that I just kept putting it off. That's how the title came about. In another week. That's what I tell myself. That in another week, I wont be overwhelmed with laundry, that I'll have some quiet time for myself, that I'll get to bed early and give my body the sleep it needs and so on and so on. But I know myself well enough that I'm not disappointed that it all doesn't happen by the next week. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a life lesson for me.
But for 2008, I have different reasons on why my blog name fits. I'll introduce you, his name is Reed. I have forgotten how much time is consumed by a newborn (how does one forget that?). How much laundry they produce (he poops on his towel just out of the bath everyday. I guess I can't walk fast enough from the tub to the room to get a diaper on him), how much they eat and how I want to hold and snuggle him in the mornings and not get out of bed. So the life of next week continues....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

24 comments:
Melanie I'm amazed anyone with a newborn finds time to post. I can't imagine fitting it all in so I'm glad whenever you get a chance.
"I know myself well enough that I'm not disappointed it all doesn't happen that next week" is a great companion statement to go along with your blog name "in another week." "In another week" keeps us motivated, "not being disappointed" keeps us from getting discouraged.
I still remember you going back and forth about starting a blog your first post!
Before I had children I could never understand the mentality of "in another week." Now that I have four I know that not only is it inevitable but it can be a good thing--sometimes I'm not getting the laundry done because I'm busy cuddling my babies. And I think it's great that you have the right attitude! :) Good post
I love the name of your blog and the story behind it! In another week could be fitting for me too. My blog name is pretty boring.
glad to see you spt this week, with six minutes to spare, no doubt!
i haven't had a newborn in almost seven years, but your thoughts today brought me right back to those very special times. hope the tummy is better!
I really like your blog's name. It could so be mine! You've been an amazing poster in Reed's first weeks, so I'm not sure I can agree with your last statement! ;)
If you think about when you had him (right before Christmas), it's a wonder you are even out from your covers yet! And then throw in the cold! Yikes!! I think it's great that your thinking in just a week, because I'm always thinking, in a few months! You're doing great and I love your posts, no matter how much time you have to do them!
Oh what a sweet baby!! he is so cute :) :)
don't worry about posting a lot. We will always be here :)
It is amazing how much we forgot. I think we have to so that we will want to keep having more babies. I feel like I live the in another week. I think anyone with kids does. I hope little Reed's tummy is feeling better! My sister who had her baby dec 31 had to give up nursing and put her baby on Soy forumla becuase she was having sooo many issues.
You're fab. My blog name is horribly inadaquate. Sigh. You shouldn't brag about how great yours is.
I can't tell you how many times I have felt that exact same way. I am WAY impressed you have been so up on blogging. Hello? Didn't you just have a baby? BTW he is darling!
Look at Reed! I love the cheeks and his hair! I really wish I could come over and hold him! Maybe you'll just have to bring him to me!?! I can't believe in 2 weeks or so, I'll have another of my own. I just hope I can hold him enough with two others!!
I have always liked the name- I feel like that a lot- esp with a baby in the house. Such a cute fussy face on your boy!
I've always liked your blog name because it's so easy to relate to.
I remember the time-suckage involved with a newborn and also remember feeling like "Are you kidding me? How can someone who sleeps 20 hours a day still manage to leave me sleepless and exhausted?"
I love your title. I SO relate... it is always "in another..." for me.
At least you know you might as well relax and enjoy Reid because everything else will be there waiting for you... in another week.
My dad calls babies "life's greatest time management course".
What I like about waiting another week, is that sometimes by the next week the task has disappeared completely, and it doesn't even matter. Of course that doesn't happen often, but it is a golden moment when it does.
I love how you have like 50 comments everyday! I guess I must be jealous! When you told me your blog name a few weeks ago, it's funny because I thought to myself, "man, in another week maybe MY life will be normal...." Isn't that funny and then you explain it on this post and I started laughing because that's why you have that as your blog! haha! My e-mail is sarakb8@hotmail.com, I am going to check out that post right now...
What a cute baby you have. I can't believe you have time to post. I understand procrastination all to well.
I have always enjoyed the name of your blog, it is so real. I am usually thinking more along the lines of "in another month"! Totally impressed that you can even find time to blog at all...
Hopefully the upset tummy won't last long...that is NO fun! He is beautiful...absolutely perfect!Congrats on making it through church...my baby is 7 and we still struggle. Not the kids really, but I do! You are superwoman...Go Mel!
hello! bring the diaper with you next time! although..then you'd just be wasting a diaper..so poop on the towel it is!!
your so easy going..the blog name is perfect for you!
Your "in another week" title has always been one of my favorites! I cannot believe the 4th is already a month old, WOW!
I am going to be there oh so soon. I hope his tummy has calmed down.
I have not been reading blogs lately- having my life packed for an eventual but unknown move has left me feeling depressed by everyone's creativity.
But- it meant I had to hear from Jill that you had had your baby! I can't believe it has been over a month! I'm sorry I didn't check sooner.
He is beautiful! And you sound in good spirits. Four was nothin' after having three. You still get tired and have to meet the demands of a newborn, but you are generally used to packing up, lugging them around and "doing" kids.
I don't know if this helps or not, but your blog title will be appropriate for a very long time!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
love that title now and always have.
i am so happy to have gotten to know you!
yay team pickle!
Post a Comment