Saturday, February 23, 2008

62 Days. 9 Weeks . 2 Months

62 days. 9 weeks. 2 months. It's all the same.

And that's all it takes to go from this......

...to this. I cannot resist taking pictures of this boy when he is sleeping. They are so peaceful and still. Just like little angels really, no matter how cheesy that sounds.

A self portrait of the two of us, just hanging out together, loving his Peanut Shell, me too for that matter, it's comfortable. Thanks Gramimi!

Here's what you do at 2 months Reed-
  • You sleep through the night!! (I can't believe I'm typing that about a 2 month old. And my 2 month old at that. No other baby has ever been this kind to me. Thank you Reed from the rest of the family. Your sleeping ensures they will get fed and have clean clothes!)
  • You smile at most people, most of the time. And it is dang cute when you do. But if it's time to be serious you just study people.
  • And you really love to study your brothers and sister. They are quite entertaining.
  • You get super sweaty in your car seat. Not sure how that will work out when it's 100^ this summer. Perhaps lots of shorts?
  • You want to suck your thumb but haven't quite figured it out yet. But you have started to hate on the binki just like Dane so I feel we're headed down the road of the thumb and that's just fine with me.
The first year goes so fast. With these 2 months gone, we're 1/6th of the way to his first birthday! And when I put it like that I realize how it's going to be gone before I know it. I'm taking him to the Dr. this week for his check up and will have to add his stats later but when I weigh myself (shudder) and then him and I together, he's around 14 lbs. I know that isn't completely accurate but what is does tell me is that he doesn't miss many meals (this I know for a fact since I'm the only one that feeds him, ha).

With all the work this little boy requires, it's worth it. Every bit of it. He is such a blessing in our lives. I love him and love to be his mommy.

27 comments:

Jill said...

That time went seriously fast! It feels like you just barely had him. How does this happen? I should remember because a baby's first year flies by, but since we-adults don't make changes like they do it just doesn't seem possible.

I'm so happy and impressed that he sleeps through the night. Every mother deserves that, but especially a mother of 4!

Anna said...

This post really does bring tears to my eyes. It goes so fast. I love you too Reed.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of you two. You look amazing!

It does go way too fast- it pains me that Kaylee is almost 11 months. How- why- it isn't fair!

Korbi said...

you look so cute in that picture, I will admit that Reed does add to the photo, but Melanie, you do look really good.

becca said...

I am so glad he is sleeping through the night (and at only 2 months???...that gives me hope!)

He is a doll, how crazy fast it all goes by!

Amy said...

OK, all those pictures of Reed really close up totally made me forget how little he really is. He's so little (all 14 pounds of him!) But he's beautiful as always, and you look great, too/

Amie said...

He is so cute. The time does go way to fast. I have always wished that they could stay tiny for a year and then start the aging process.

I love thumb suckers too. So easy and nice that they can comfort themselves.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

It was so fun to see you yesterday, albeit was only for 3.4 minutes.

He is such a pretty, pretty baby.

Trevor said...

Mmm. I'm hungry for another baby. It goes so fast the 3rd time around:) You look super good too Melly. Brat.

Brenda said...

Umm, I didn't realized I was signed in as Trevor. My bad. It would be creepy for him to tell you that you look good and then call you a brat.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, sleeping at 2 months!? That baby is an angel. An adorable one at that, seriously, he has got the cutest little face- I love it!

Melinda said...

He is so cute and that is a darling picture of the two of you. I can't beleive he is already two months old. That is just crazy! You are so lucky to have a baby sleep through the night! I never had that.

Liz said...

Love the little recap of Reed. He is cute!

Heidi said...

Sleeping through the night? Not fair!!! But you're right you need it with 3 other munchkins. Love your shirt- looks beautimous on you!

Christina said...

oh too cute..i like that wrap holder thingy you have with him--
i think we also have the same necklace!

Shaila Lou said...

I can't believe he's already 2 months!! Makes me so sad, knowing how fast it goes. I hate that they have to grow up. You're looking so cute in the peanut shell! I love the thing...your print is cute. I'm sure Reed loves it as well. Only a few short weeks left until we get to see you!

Barb said...

I think thumb sucking is a blessing as a mommy - it is wonderful to have a baby who can self-soothe.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Love my baby!! I can't wait to see the kids........... Maybe Reed will have found his thumb by then. Thumb suckers are really good babies, but boy is it hard to take a thumb away! By the way how did I do it, or did you decide on your own? Like mom like daughter, like son/sons maybe!!! You look great by the way.

Elizabeth said...

Ahh, that sweet little baby is getting me so excited!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, he is sooo cute AND he sleeps through the night? He's perfect! And, did I mention how cute I think he is? He's just melty!

Laurie said...

I say it's totally fair that your fourth is sleeping so well. That's how it should be!!

Love that picture of you two.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these adorable pictures. He's so darn cute! My sis has a slinglings sling and her new baby loves it! I can't wait to use them on my next!

Price Cream Parlor said...

What a gift that he is such a good sleeper! I didn't have a good sleeper until they were two years old. Yikes!
He is so darling. Honestly - such a cute, cute baby! Time passes so quickly!

carlo said...

wow, sleeping through the night is huge!!

he is such a sweetie. oh so cute

michelle said...

Sleeping through the night at 2 months??!! You lucky mom! (well-deserved) No child of mine ever did that...

I LOVE your self-portrait with the cute little guy.

jenny said...

That SPT of you both is priceless and his little face. Oh, I wish I could squish him. He is adorable Melanie!

I am happy to hear he is sleeping for you that is HUGE!

Lucy said...

You both look fantastic. He's such a cutie.