I'm alive. (and feel a bit like Reed in this photo)I'm in a blogging rut. I love blogging so the current rut confuses me. I know I find time for what I feel is important but right now it feels like there is lots of 'importants' out there. Posting more is definitely a goal.
Single mom's ROCK!! (I've been alone with the rugrats all week and it has not been easy. It's a ton of work and I'm tired. Definitely with all the help from Marion it has been bearable and not nearly as horrific as I imagined. A million thanks over and over! And a huge welcome home for daddy tomorrow!)
Reed looks like this every morning when we take the kids to school. Shocked I'm waking him up from his precious sleep for a 5 minute drive I guess. I love it.
So many other funnies have been going on but this cannot stay a draft any longer. Something is better than nothing right?
That's all I've got tonight.
21 comments:
What a funny picture of Reed!
I'm glad to see you posting again! It is so hard to be alone with children for an entire week. I was alone last week while Jeremy was first on a business trip, and then backpacking in the Grand Canyon. You could definitely tell that I wasn't getting a daily dose of adult face to face interaction. Whenever anyone called me I would talk their ear off! Whenever I felt like complaining (which was almost every minute of every day!) I just thought about my friend Nicki whose husband is in the military. She goes months without her husband when he's onboard his ship. Now that would be terrible! Single moms, or moms without their husbands for any reason rock!
oh that photo is HILARIOUS!!!! i cant stop busting up--my girls are totally giggling!!!
single moms do rock--where'd the man go??
That is such a funny picture!!! I didn't know that Milo was gone all week! I feel bad for you. That is tiring to do it on your own 24/7.
That is the cutest picture ever!! What a little doll he is and he is getting SO BIG!! Holy cow!
I CANNOT imagine being a single parent. Not only for the help, but for the sanity. Sometimes Brandon is busy at work and I fell like I do it "all", but just having him home at night to talk to refuels my tank. I just couldn't do it without that!! I am glad the hubby is home soon!
Hey Melanie! I wish I had time to catch up on all your posts- you have so many terrific pictures! But I can only offer that I was thinking of you today, so I came by to say hello!
I hear ya 'bout single moms- I would not survive without Kelly to take some of the load. Hooray for you surviving the week!
And, Amen to having lots of "importants"! I keep thinking I need to reread Elder Oaks talk on Good, Better, Best to find some guidelines for how to choose where to put my energy.
Enjoy that funny baby!
Any post is better than no post. Im glad that someone else can wallow in the husband gone misery, not that I wish it on anyone! I need to pay Reed a visit with those wild eyes!
Melanie, that is the cutest picture! I'm glad to see you post again! It's hard to get your groove back once it's been a while, I think. You're at a busy stage of life, for sure!
Reed came to the right family--not to brag or anything but you can totally tell he has got a rockin' sense of humor!! Milo chasin' hot tax auditors again?
That expression on his face is a crack up. It is hard to get up in the morning! I can feel his shock! :)
It's just too cruel that you have to wake Reed up and pack him in the car seat just for a 5 minute ride to the school...ah well. What a difference from baby #1 to baby #4 eh?
Something is better than nothing, right? Good to see you back in blogworld.
Those surprised eyes are cracking me up. Babies make the funniest faces. I think you are doing great for having a small baby at home. Is Milo home tonight? I hope so. Single mother's I just bow down to them and have NO clue how they do it.
Reed is so cute, I love the hair!! I wish I could be closer to you to help! Love ya tons!
That is a facial expression that speaks volumes!
I've never understood how single moms manage. Thanks for the giggle over that photo.
That picture is too dang cute! I love it! I hope you make it through the week without Milo. It is no fun withoud Dad. It makes you realize how much they really do, when at the time you are thinking they do nothing!
Little did I know you had a new post. I use google reader, and Matt checks it sometimes, and doesn't tell me someone has a new post.
Love that picture of Reed! He is so dang cute, and big. It was so funny seeing you guys last night. I can't wait to take some pictures of these boys together!
Also I'm very excited for our weekend away. (Although I do wish I could be going on and excursion with Matt too.)
Single moms do rock. We constantly wonder how two of us will survive parenting the next few years.
I hope you've had a great week!!
No wonder he looks so alive...he's sleeping through the night, you lucky girl! He's so cute and I love his stick-up hair. It's crazy how quickly the grow :(
I'm glad you made it through your week alone.
I love the hair. What a cutie.
oh my goodness- what a funny picture
get out of your rut soon... hope your week is a better one
Post a Comment