Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 08 and #200

We had a wonderful Easter. I love this holiday. I love the turning of winter into spring and celebrating each day that He Lives. What a precious gift he gave and I am eternally grateful.

My mom spent this past week (her spring break) up here. She was at Kyle and Heidi's until Friday and then stayed here the weekend. It was great to have her even if only for a couple days. She helped redo Kathryn's bedding (she loves it and makes it every morning), babysat while Milo and I went on a date (rare these days) and cooked a yummy Easter dinner. Kyle and Heidi spent Easter Sunday here too, it was great for the cousins to play. If only we had about 800 more sq feet then maybe we wouldn't hear so much of them, ha.

I wanted to take pictures of the kids before church but we ran out of time. Luckily Heidi waited for after church too so we did the whole bunch. The men were not happy about it. They just wanted dinner (surprised?). We knew after sitting through 3 hours of church our window of opportunity was closing fast. We started with Kyle, Heidi and kids since Kate is not known for her cooperation when it comes to photos (are any 3 yr olds?). I was trying to be the funny aunt and get her to laugh so I hid behind my mom (well not really since I'm two of her but you get my point) and jumped up and yelled 'BUNNY'. She thought it was so funny and there were a few pictures of her looking at the camera with a genuine smile. So dang cute. But the funniest was a couple times throughout the day she hid behind something, jumped up and yelled, 'BUNNY'. It was a crack up. I'm afraid she's going to yell 'BUNNY' when she sees a camera now.

The best ones with my kids are with my mom because we did them first. I tried taking just our 4 last and they ended up with Reed crying and Dane sucking his thumb. Lovely.

Three Men & a Little Lady

Sweet Baby Boy 3 months old on Easter Sunday

Grandma DeeAnn with her gang
I can't wait for Marion to take some shots like this when summer's here.
She'll be holding 4 babies!!

The Girls-
Kate & Kathryn


The Boys-
Nathan, Dane, Reed & Preston

I just have to add, this is my 200th post! It has taken me almost 18 months to the day but I'm so glad to have all this documented. I've missed a ton but I don't want to dwell on that because I'm so happy of all I do have. That's it, I love my blog and all 200 posts.

25 comments:

Amie said...

My sister DeDe is actually DeAnn. Such a pretty name that you don't hear that often.

You did good to get so many cute shots. I like that they are more than just stand in front of the tree or whatever we always seem to do. I need to do more posing.

I can't believe Reed is already 3 months. Crazy.

Liz said...

Oh I just love the boys ties! Where did you find them? I never can seem to find any, and I want Jared to have one so bad! :)

Love the pictures!

Leisha said...

How cute are those kids! I can't believe how big they are getting! I agree, it will be fun this summer to see how my Mom juggles the 4 babies.

Melinda said...

Those are such cute pictures! So cute. WHere did you get their ties. I love those.

The haircut pictures are so great. Little Reed is so squishy cute!

Holly said...

CUTE pictures! Granny DeAnn has a stinking darling bunch of grandkids! I'm selfishly glad to see that my kids are not the only ones growing up WAY too fast!! So are yours! Miss you!

melanie said...

The ties are from Children's Place. They have them every Easter and Christmas. I just love that they come small enough to fit babies so they can match too.

Carolyn said...

I love Kats smile with her missing teeth. I remember the good ole days without any front ones. Your kids are so darn cute. I miss you all.

donna said...

200 way to go girl!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing you blog with me.




OH your kids look so cute!!!! Oh the girl's hair is way cute. I wish i was good at doing hair.
I hope you enjoy this wonderful spring day :)

::lindsay said...

Happy 200! I've really enjoyed reading your blog and catching up with you and your family.

Heidi said...

Yeah, I'm glad you came up with the bunny idea or else we wouldn't have had any pictures of Kate looking up! She's so cooperative. :) Thanks for hosting Easter. It was fun to catch up. Cute pictures!

Brenda said...

That is great! I love the girl's dresses! Congrats on the 200th post. I wonder how many I don't have...

Granny DeeAnn said...

I love how cute my family are!!! They are so good to me! He knew that I would need GOOD kids, GOOD in-laws and out-laws, and adorable grandkids!! Thanks fabulous family!!! The smell of formula is fading fast!
ROAD TRIP, ROAD TRIP,ROAD TRIP---SOON! THERE ARE STILL MANY, MANY BOXES THAT NEED TO BE ORGANIZED AND PUT AWAY. It WILL TAKE A VILLAGE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!
COME SOON, THE FIRST ONE HERE GETS A "SPECIAL TREAT!!! IT WOULD BE FUN................LOVE YOU: MELANIE, MILO, KYLE, HEIDI, KATHRYN, NATHAN, DANE, KATE, PRESTON, AND REED!!!!

Brianne said...

Cute pictures! Hope you had a great Easter.

Christina said...

oh fun photos! how nice to have mom there to help so much!! i was waiting to hear what techy thing she brought this time!?

Anna said...

I love the pics. I love the ties, and Dall shouldve come over and worn his to match, but instead he chose to stay home with his puking family-what a good 1 year old. Kats hair is so pretty, well really she is altogether pretty.
Im glad you got see your mama.

Jill said...

Congrats on your 200th post! That's quite an accomplishment!

It's great that you guys got all those cute pictures of the kids together, even though the men were hungry (don't they have any vision for the future?). I can't believe your little guy is wearing tie, that's so cute.

Kristen said...

Awesome pictures! I love Reed's tie :)

Aren't Mom's the best! Glad she was able to come and visit.

Sounds like a wonderful Easter for you!

Laurie said...

Yea, you did good to get such cute shots of your kiddos. I can just imagine how hard it is to get good ones of four, including a baby! I love the two girls in their dresses! Happy spring!!!

Anonymous said...

Those pics of all the grandkids together are so great!! It's so cute that you got them all matching. And congrats on the 200! That is awesome! It's going to be awhile before I get there!

Barb said...

Everyone looks wonderful in their Easter finery!
(Bunny!)

Shaila Lou said...

I love all the pictures! You're Mom must love the picture with all her grandkids! How fun to have your Mom up again. I'm sure Kyle and Heidi were loving having her over for a while!

Thanks again for everything! I can't wait to get the dino sandwich cutter! You're the best!

Robyn said...

The photos are great- they are WORTH the pain the men put us through. One day they will thank us. It might take 50 years, but they will thank us. The kids all look so cute and I love the boys' ties. Adorable.

jenny said...

What a handsome bunch. We too had those ties (in different colors) Gotta love Children's Place! I can't believe how much your boys all are little clones of one another.

Congrats on #200. Go Melanie!!

Becky Noftle said...

The Picture of Aunt DeeAnn and her grandbabies made me tear up! You and Heidi did good on the matchy, matchy, way to go. Kathryn looks so grown up with teeth missing.

michelle said...

So cute, Melanie! I didn't get any good ones, so I'm going to have them wear their Easter clothes another Sunday... I love the matching ties and dresses. Congratulations on 200 posts!!