.JPG)
The last time Milo went to training he came home so excited because he had bought Reed an outfit all on his own. But the problem is he didn't ask the size since he wanted it to be a surprise and from the day he bought it, it was too small. So the search went on for the same outfit in a bigger size so it could be from daddy. Marion finally found it when they went to Seattle one weekend. And since Shaila and gang were going to be in town all of spring break, we gave the small one to Winston and had matching babies. I love it, I think they look so cute.

Shaila and I have had babies together before. Her first boy and my second. Last time she had the older baby by 8 weeks and this time around it was me. Reed is 6 weeks older than Winston. Minus the matching clothes we have pictures just like this with Dane and Malcolm. We know what kind of mischief Dane and Malcolm can get into so I guess we should be really prepared for these two in a couple years, ha!

The five of us (Shaila, Brianne, Marion, Lavoy and I) had a girl's getaway this past weekend and attended Time Out for Women. We had such a good time. I went and had dinner with my dad and his wife Thursday night and it did not disappoint. My dad can grill a mean steak (eat your heart out Kyle and Milo).
Fun times included--- Marion and LaVoy fighting over the check at Old Spaghetti Factory (it was hilarious!!), Shaila and I nursing in the car all over Spokane,

seeing blogger Donna again (it's almost been a year since I first met her), hanging out with Anna and her mom and sisters a bit, feeling uplifted in the speakers (Mary Ellen Edmonds, Jane Clayson Johnson, Carolyn Rasmus, Doug Brinley, Merilee Boyack, Elia Gourgouris & Chieko Okasaki) message, hearing the inspired music of Micheal McLean, Mercy River and Hilary Weeks,

getting Shaila (not very willingly at first) to meet Hilary Weeks (she loves her music and can sing it beautifully), having everyone love our little babies and ask if they were the door prize, unknowingly peddle our Peanut Shell to everyone that had a pregnant daughter, sister or friend just by wearing them, and of course spending time with family that I love. (p.s. where does my makeup go only a couple hours after putting it on?) I'm glad we had so much fun but having a 3 month old come along definitely puts a whole new spin on the meaning of 'get away'.
Just a couple more...

Reed and Winston hanging out in the hotel. It really wasn't bad having 2 small babies in one room. We didn't ask anyone else around us if they felt the same.

I ended up driving Milo's car so he could have the van with the 3 older kids and to save on gas now that it's over $3.40 a gallon (GRRR). We were packed to the gills with 2 car seats, 2 diaper bags, 2 port a cribs and 2 suitcases. Man, babies require tons of stuff!
The kids had a good time with dad. Why wouldn't they? They rented movies, ate at Taco Bell, ordered pizza, had popcorn and candy with their movies and Milo made them milkshakes. Next time I think I'll send the kids on a 'get away', I'll stay home with Milo, sleep in, rent movies and eat out. Just no Taco Bell, thanks!
Next up- Reed's first haircut (it HAD to be done)!!
17 comments:
Oh wow! What a fun weekend. I had fun just reading about it. What a great thing to have family close.
Thanks for writing and letting us in on your weekend.
How fun! I really wanted to go to Women's Time Out. Oh well. Maybe next year. You are looking so good, by the way. Reed is adorable too.
Richard and I can't get over how cute Reed is. He is just so darn cute! It sounds like you guys had an awesome time. Maybe one of these years I'll be able to tag along. Love you guys!
it was such a fun weekend. I love TOFW. I am going next year for-sure.
Oh and Reed is so cute:)
Ok call me about lunch.
I'm still wondering when we're going to do an Andersen girls weekend. It needs to be done! Glad you had some time off. Don't know what you're complaining about. If I looked that good without makeup I'd shout it all over blogworld.
Fun weekend! Isn't Time OUt for Women great? Although, I am sure it wasn't much of a time out when you still had a baby with you. But, at least you were without the other three. Cute pics of the babies!!
You got your weekend post done before me. I guess I cant harrass you about it! Time Out was so fun, Its always a bummer when you get home and its over. Those baby boys are some cute ones. Must run in the family to have cute babys-ha!
Even though I spelled babies wrong!
It's hilarious how much stuff a baby needs! The boys look cute in their matching ensembles.
How marvelous to have a girls weekend and to be so spiritually uplifted as well. It sounds like a great success!
What a great weekend for you! Sounds like you had such a great time. The babies are adorable!
Your weekend looked like a blast. I am in desperate need of one of those. Fun to hook up with so many and even a photo op with Hillary? Cool.
Can't wait to see the updated hair cut. Growing out of clothes and already cutting hair? I am sure that is bitter sweet. They get big so fast!
oh so so so fun!! i love how everyone has cute short hair!! so stylish!!
oh fun to catch up with donna too--
hmmm i cant decide which is better..your weekend or hanging with milo and all that good food!??!
What a fun weekend! I have never been to one of those.
HOw fun to see DOnna! Lucky you.
GLad that babies were good for you. Those pictures are so cute!
How sweet that Milo got him an outfit on his own. I'm impressed!!
I love the outfit Milo got for Reed. And, the picture on top is SO adorable! Darn cute kids.
Those matching baby buddies are too too cute. I'm glad you had a fun weekend. Time Out is always a fun time.
So nice to have a getaway! (although you're right, it's definitely a different kind of getaway with babies in tow)
Kids always seem to have one long party when Dad's in charge, eh?
Post a Comment