It was just one of those days that nothing went right. I felt like a wet blanket all day long. I wish I would have taken the time to blog and write down how blah of a day it was so I could appreciate how much better the rest of the week was. Thank goodness this was the only day that felt like that.
Day 3 (Wed)- Up.
The weather was finally something close to spring! We took off for the park. Anna made the short trip over and the kids were in heaven. We had a big, new park built in town and no catastrophes to report even with 40 other kids enjoying the new park at the same time.
So all the way around, Day 3 was a success!
Day 4 (Thurs)- Holding Steady.
So far today we've all been good around here. The kids are getting along. I'm getting the laundry done and most all of it has been with a good mood in tow. Thank heavens! I have some commitments on Friday so that day's out but I am determined to find something to do as a family on Saturday. We never take small day trips or picnics or anything like that. I guess the biggest reason in the past was Milo's work schedule when he was working graveyards. He didn't have many Saturdays free and then this past year I felt so out of commission being sick pregnant. I have high hopes to do more day trips, especially ones right around here that we are missing. Stay tuned. Here's hoping something happens on Sat.
10 comments:
My kids love flying kites, but we never think of doing it enough. I love how Dane is in denial about being afraid of the rock wall. Too funny.
You mean you don't have to run the whole time you fly a kite? Oh man...maybe thats my problem. Haha. Sounds like a great Spring break. I'm jealous!
So glad you had some fun days mixed in for your spring break. We just started ours, and so far we are sleeping in, and now the kids are in the sandbox. We might make a trip to Philly for the weekend.
OH flying kites are so fun..
Did you enjoy the weather Sunday??. It was 85 here. LOVE IT :)
Melanie, where is this new park it looks like fun!
Flying kites sounds so great! What a fun day for the kids. I hope the rest of the week was just as great and I can't wait to hear about what you did on Saturday!
I'm glad the up and holding steady parts came after the down day!
We still haven't had a good enough day for the kids to fly their kites. They want to all the time though. Great picture of it!! I'm glad you had a pretty good spring break. That park looks like so much fun, I can't wait to come home and take the kids.
Today was Spring Break Day 1 for us and it went well, though I somehow ended up with a headache. It may be a long week.
Thanks for the park outing, Dally loved it.
Post a Comment