Well, here we are day one of spring break and so far, we're handling it pretty well. The kids only watched 30 minutes of TV in the morning and have played the rest of the day really well together (can that actually last all week? I have no expectations either way really).
They have-
-written and performed many songs for their 'rock band'. The lyrics of one of Kat's songs (typos intended)....
'I wish I coudl fly in the sky. Way up in the clows and were the birds fly. I realy woudl like to fly. I coudl even see arplanes in the sky.'
Nate wrote the music and it's hilarious. He wrote actual music notes and sings them. He's got quite the range, ha!
-Watched a Shirley Temple movie in the afternoon that they borrowed from my grandma. My grandma LOVES Shirley Temple and we watched them all the time growing up. I haven't seen one in ages but when the kids were watching it, I could remember all of them. Next up...Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.
-Made a tent and played camping with flashlights and headlights (they love those things).
-asked at least 35 times to go fly kites, go to the park or go ride bikes (they truly didn't care which one). But we've had nasty weather this first day of break. So far we've seen the temp go from the mid 50's to low 40's (and back up again) without the wind chill, dark clouds move all over the sky, rain & hail! We did finish off with some sun but by then, all were tired and hungry. NOT my idea of a good time on spring break. Here's hoping for better weather tomorrow! Unless we want the wind for kites....
Onto day 2.
-Watched a Shirley Temple movie in the afternoon that they borrowed from my grandma. My grandma LOVES Shirley Temple and we watched them all the time growing up. I haven't seen one in ages but when the kids were watching it, I could remember all of them. Next up...Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.
-Made a tent and played camping with flashlights and headlights (they love those things).
-asked at least 35 times to go fly kites, go to the park or go ride bikes (they truly didn't care which one). But we've had nasty weather this first day of break. So far we've seen the temp go from the mid 50's to low 40's (and back up again) without the wind chill, dark clouds move all over the sky, rain & hail! We did finish off with some sun but by then, all were tired and hungry. NOT my idea of a good time on spring break. Here's hoping for better weather tomorrow! Unless we want the wind for kites....
Onto day 2.
16 comments:
we also had yucky weather on Monday.
So we stayed inside:)
Sounds like you had one busy Monday.
I hope you enjoy the rest of spring break:)
OH and lets hope for nice weather!
The rock band was cracking me up on the phone. It sounded pretty intense! I new Nate was a rocker! Remember Spring Break just one day at a time, ironic how they call it "break"! It so sucks are kids' Spring Breaks didnt coordinate and probably never will. Just to make you feel better though Ill still call and complain when my kids (or the kids Im watching) are driving me nuts!
I'm so impressed that your kids played all day together and really well. My kids wanted to watch movies and play video games.
BRRR. Sorry your weather was so cold.
That rock band music is cracking me up. You need to post a video!
So cute the little song they wrote! Hope the rest of the week goes well. Our spring break was last week, we had one nice day at least. Played outside for 4 hours. Today not so great. Started hailing and did for over an hour leaving about 2 inches on the ground, then it snowed...now it's melting though. Gotta love Pullman! Love the picture of Reed! He's so darn cute. Can't wait to see you guys here in a few weeks! Love ya!
Oh, I miss Shirley Temple movies. Little Princess was my favorite. Sorry about the cold weather. What's all this talk about global warming? I'm not buying it.
Yea! You made it past day 1 (well almost day 2 now!).
Reed looks cute in that hat.
It is weird to be hearing of spring breaks when it is so cool this year. Ours is next week (for the real school goers).
My kids love the Shirley Temple movies... how can you not... she was so dang cute.
Our break is next week...
Your first day sounds really fun. I need to remember to suggest some of those activites for the kids.
I hope your weather gets better so you can escaped outside!
Oh I hope the rest of your spring break has better weather!! I love the song and the song writing, so funny! Clever kids!
That is yucky weather for spring break, but it sounds like the kids are doing great and enjoying their time off! Now if only it can last all week right?!
The kids sound pretty darn cute with their activities around the house.
That picture of Reed is too cute!!!
Hope your spring break is still going well.
Mel- I need you e-mail address. I finally got a blog going and need to invite you- hbergholm@thebluezone.net
Thanks! Love ya
This spring break has been long awaited, no doubt. I hope you've had better weather and been able to spend some time outdoors!
Should we be alarmed that you haven't posted since day 1??
Post a Comment