Thursday, April 03, 2008

Soccer Again

We've been at soccer again for the past month or so. In fact, next week is our last week. And I'm not sad to see this season go. It was very hectic a couple nights getting Nathan there on time with Milo gone (thanks Marion!). Seriously, how do you do it when 2 kids have to be in different places at the same time. I'm pretty sure I'm not cut out for that kind of running around. Nate has had a good time even with his team of....mismatched kids would be a nice way to put it. He's starting to look so old to me. I can't decide if that makes me want to cry at how fast it's gone (which I do) or get excited for all that's ahead (I do that too).

He has had fun and to me that's all that really matters. Half the kids didn't ever want to go in so Nathan was the first one to jump up and run onto the field. When he was on the sidelines, he was so bored. This week he kept asking for my camera to get pictures of his coach and team. Here's a couple that he came up with.....

Cracks me up that he tilted the camera when he was getting one of his coach. That's our church steeple in the background. He loves when I let him have the camera.

And of course the soccer balls. Both boys beg to have the camera in their hands and not mine.

I had already seen that Lelly had pulled a fast one for SPT this week so I snapped this self portrait while the boy was on the sidelines (note to self...not a great angle!). Today, I miss that blue sky! It's been rainy and yuck all day. And it's the start of our spring break. I'm praying for better weather....

A couple more just for fun.

Reed's hair is less and less in volume every day. I decided until I can bring myself to get rid of all of it, it will just have to be spiked into a fauxhawk. He is getting so big. I have been feeling a bit gushy with him lately. I just love the stage he is at right now. Not too high maintenance and happy most of the time. And he gives me just enough feed back to know I'm loved. His smiles are so cute!

I love, love this face! I guess he's not too sure of the new 'do'?

21 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh wow, I can't believe how old Nathan looks either. I guess I've only seen you for a long time without him. Before you even mentioned it, I thought, "Wow. Nathan looks so much older!"

That last one is a classic of Reed. He is such a good baby...it helps that you're a good mom, I'm sure.

Shaila Lou said...

I agree that Nathan is looking so old...so sad. Seriously, weren't you just in labor with him...I remember it so well! He did make me an Auntie! I love the pictures of Reed. I don't know why...but it seems the face of his face is different, in a very cute way of course. I love the "mohockey" as Malcolm calls it. That is the only way I can survive Winston's hair! Love ya!!

Heather said...

Oh- that face. I could squish it and kiss it all day! He is so adorable, and I think that look is definately trying to tell you something! Love you guys!

donna said...

soccer is a lot of fun. But way to many nights for us. We had to give it up.

Love all the pictures. You have such cute kids.

Ok so when are we going to have lunch?????????
Call me.

OH the house down the street from me, just went up for sale. Hmm do you want to move to my town? :)

Heidi said...

Kate loved seeing the pictures of Nathan and Reed. Reed's fohawk is funny. I love that face in the last picture- hilarious! Nathan does look so "official" on the soccer field. Time goes fast.

Leisha said...

I love the fauxhawk on Reed. Emma’s been sporting one of those for 6 months now! I try to curl it but it just stands strait up. Can’t wait to see you guys in less than a month!

Carolyn said...

Oh I loved watching Nathan play soccer! It was so much fun, and he was fun to watch! And, Reed is so adorable! I want to meet him again! :)

Jill said...

How can it be soccer season again already? I guess without snow you guys can have it more often than us.

Reed is so darling and is getting so big already!

Brenda said...

Nathen is huge! You're right, he's looking very mature. And I know you've heard it a hundred times, but Reed is sooo cute. That final picture is great! It won't be the last time he gives you that look I'm afraid!

Shaila Lou said...

So I just had to comment again. I clicked on the first picture of Nathan...did you notice how both hands have his fingers crossed. He's really hoping for some luck!! How funny, I love it!

Since I'm commenting again and forgot to write it the first time, I love Reed's expression in that last picture. Classic!!

melanie said...

Lou, I love his crossed fingers. He does that when he's not running out on the field. I have no idea why he does it, but it cracks me up. His team needs some luck for sure, at least he's got that figured out. Ha!

jenny said...

That fauxhawk is cracking me up! What a blessing to have such a happy go lucky baby. I was only fortunate to have one of those (my #2)

What a great photographer Nathan is. The ball one is very impressive :)

Liz said...

I like the pictures Nate came up with. Lindsey is always sneaking my camera and taking shot after shot of random things.

Reed is super cute. Love the faux mo-hawk. :)

Laurie said...

Excellent that Nate has a desire to get out there and play! He seems to already have the photographer's eye. If only our digital cameras weren't so expensive - the boys constantly want mine too and it's just so risky with how expensive they are to replace. Maybe I need to look into some kind of camera for him, except they love being able to see how the picture looks. I wonder how pricey digitals for kids are.

Reed does have a darling face. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying him so much. That encourages me (in my own doubts about how round 3 is going to go).

becca said...

I don't know how mom's do it either. My girls haven't gotten into soccer yet, but from watching my friends shuttle kids to practice and games, I have to admit I am not that sad about it!

That last picture of Reed is so cute. What a little doll, if only we could keep them small just a little longer!

Chandra said...

That picture of Reed is priceless. I couldn't stop laughing. I'm glad you caught it on camera. Poor kid....his mom's a hairdresser and he has a Fauxhock. Can't wait to see what his hair looks like when he's sixteen. Just remember....if it's spiked and different colors and a Mohawk....you started it.

Barbie said...

You have such precious kids :)

Melinda said...

Those pictures are so cute.
I have been there witht he different kids and different games. It is a nightmare. Glad it is almost over for you!

Holly said...

That picture is classic! You could blackmail him with it someday! The running kids to two different activities is a tricky one...good luck with that!

Brianne said...

I love how Nathan is crossing his fingers in the first picture. And the pictures he took are cute. I really want to find a digital camera for Jayni that's cheap and heavy duty. She loves to take pictures too.

I also love Reed's fauxhawk. But you know me, Mason's had one pretty much since he was born! I love his "Elvis" look too!

Unknown said...

love that baby face. He looks just like he fits in.