Friday, May 30, 2008

Better

Reed still has my number because we were up twice last night but today was still so much better. Milo only works 1/2 days on Friday so reinforcements were home by noon. I love all parenting reinforcements.

And then these ladies called and asked me out for the afternoon. Um, yes pick me up in 10. So we headed to the local nail place (I can't quite call it a salon, factory seems more accurate) that got us in and out in somewhat of a jiffy. 3 pedicures and a set of nails for Marion in about an hour, not bad.

This had me laughing until the man cut them off. Of course Marion wouldn't look at me and make a face, until the camera was put away that is. She's usually a little camera shy (understatement!) The scariest part was one lady that came in to wait her turn actually had nails almost this long. Yikes!

We had some good laughs when the guy saw the bottom of one of my feet and seriously gasped out loud at the condition of my heels. Leisha and I had a good laugh over and over at the look of shock on his face. It was classic. I really shouldn't be bragging about how disgusting they were, I haven't done anything with them since before Reed was born (gross, I know). I just kept ignoring them through shoe weather (so shameful). I'm so glad to have summer acceptable feet, even if my feet aren't that cute! Thanks for the outing ladies, I needed it!

Tomorrow we head out for a fun family party celebrating Kate's 3rd birthday. The kids are beyond excited, it's on a farm and they love dirt! I can't wait to put the new sun hat on Reed that I found at Target, it's so adorable. Photos to come later.

12 comments:

michelle said...

I'm always expecting the person to gasp when I get a pedicure, but it hasn't happened yet... that is too funny. What a good outing!

Bethany said...

I'm glad you were able to go get a pedicure. You won't believe this, but I've never had a REAL professional pedicure. I can just imagine how that guy would gasp if he saw my feet!

becca said...

Glad you had such a fun day out! I am in desperate need of a pedicure myslef...but it will have to wait a little longer (too hard to sneak away from all the kids!)

Brianne said...

What a fun hour out! I wish Mom invited me too!!! I do believe I don't like to have my picture taken is because of mi madre or maybe my double chin.

My feet are really bad. I have painted my toenails but that's the extent of my personal pedicure!

Have fun at Kate's b-day! I can't believe she's 3 already!!!

Melinda said...

Don't feel bad about the gasp. I have that every time I go in and I am regular! My heels get soo darn dry they crack no matter what I do to them. Oh, well. I am so glad you were able to get out and have some fun.

Brenda said...

Congrats on your pretty feet.

Korbi said...

fun fun. I need a pedicure, what's this "factory" place. I always go to the one by J's Terryaki, always, that's funny that I said "always" because really I've only been twice. That's bad, 2 pedis in 5 years.... Argh!

Heather said...

Glad you had a minute away! I think your feet are cute!

donna said...

OH pedicures are the best!!!! I always feel so sorry for the lady that has to work on my feet. I have really bad feet, Because i always walk ( outside) with out shoes...


Have fun with your family :)!

Heidi said...

Fun! Your toes looked cute and it was perfect timing for the summer.

I don't see how people function with fake nails that long! yuck!!!

Christina said...

those are honestly the CUTEST feet/toes ive ever seen! im SO NOT A FOOT FAN AT ALL--so im very serious!!

i hear ya on the pedicure thing..im always like..i know i know..just do what you gotta do to make them cute again!! i promise to tip well!! hahah

Shaila Lou said...

I was totally wanting to do this Mother's day weekend. I'm so jealous that you guys did it! Especially since I've never had a pedi before!