~This is not my actual senior picture. I hated my hair this day but had to meet the yearbook deadline and have the pictures taken anyway. I so wish I could find a real one, my hair is a DOOZIE, it's huge!~I graduated from high school 15 yrs ago today. It feels so crazy to say that. How can I be pushing 33? I know I'm older (not old), I can see it and feel it but I still can't believe how time flies. I just can't believe it. As I was sifting though photos a few weeks ago (a major time sucker/distraction for me once I get started), I came across these from graduation day. I could not stop laughing. At my hair, my dress, my mom' s hair and the shoulder pads! (these photos scanned horrible)
Gotta love that navy blue dress with the white collar and the gold and white buttons all the way down the front. Does that speak 1993 or what?
I didn't love or hate high school. Most of it was spent just getting by (both academically and socially). I had good friends and good times but I did not know how to find myself. Not that everyone does but I feel like I was one of those kids that was extra unsure. I didn't date, didn't study and at the time really didn't care. I was so ready to move on and only 8 days later, I left for Ricks.
I keep going back to this picture because I swear it was pushing 100 degrees that day, why does my brother have a long sleeve shirt on?! Anyway, thanks for making me look through photos mom, this little trip down memory lane has been funny.
15 comments:
Seriously, it has only been a few days since I've done the blogging thing, and you have 3 new posts! Sheesh, I'm way behind! Love to see pictures of you in high school. So 1990's! Ha!
Happy "re-Graduation" It seems like Yesterday and yet It feels like fover ago......... Just as a mother I like your personality and have watched you evolve in to a wonderful Mom and and wife. You're are a smart lady and work so hard at doing what you should.You are fun to be around and you know how to help people in need, help in any stiuation. HAIR................... Enjoy your little family they change so fast. Love you all----------
Those photos are great! It makes me want to look through mine which were taken 14 years ago. It is amazing how time flies. I can't believe how much time has gone by!
Gotta love the 90's! I have a dress similar to yours with a big ol' collar and beautiful gold buttons. They bring on many laughs. :) I graduated 10 years ago and it's weird to think that. Sometimes it feels just like recently, but then other times it feels like a long time ago.
Kyle's outfit is hilarious- especially in Vegas! Dark jeans and a long sleeve shirt?! Also, his hair is too funny. It's like super long on top. Thanks for the laugh.
wow 5 years ago, i just got off my missions and i was about to fly to washington, to go to Ryan's home- coming
wow !
You are so young and i love all those pictures.....
Hey we are the same year. Now I feel old!! I am assuming you graduated in 93? And who didn't have one of those dresses with the LARGE shoulder pads. Love it. I was just telling my kids how long ago I graduated I think they think I am seriously ancient!
Those photos are so great!
I love it!! I feel like most of my dresses had huge white collars and gold buttons!....and I LOVED shoulder pads. Why did we think that looked good??
I love looking at old pictures like that!
I love a trip down memory lane. It's been 13 years for me! Wow. I wore those dresses too. At least we all did it together!
I have no idea why your embarassed. You look HOT! I'm jealous...you couldn't pay me to post pics of my grad!
I have always thought that your mom was the cutest and hippest 'grandma' in the whole world! And then I saw this picture, and Oh Boy, I love it! How funny. You did look pretty HOT though. :D
I so wish you still had that dress. Someday, Kat is going to have 90's day at school and that would've been the perfect ensemble. Such a shame.
Heather had a dress almost exactly like it. It was soo in style! 15 years Mel...I can't believe how fast time flies. Love the pictures!
I LOVE the pictures! It's been 10 years since I've graduated. I actually got in invite to the Quincy 10 year reunion, yesterday. So crazy to think it's been that long, yet doesn't seem like it has.
Wow, it's so funny that you posted about this. I graduated the same year and hadn't even thought about the anniversary. It's funny to see the photos and see the fashion from 1993. I probably would have loved your dress!
Post a Comment