We've been together too long, so please go away
Frump, I don't need you, not one more day.
My life in a nutshell, the frump has set in again.
I can't stand messing with Reed's naps, I slightly panic thinking I'll mess with the good thing we've got going with his sleeping habits. This little fact translates into, I never get to the gym to workout or walk or anything for that matter.
I loved my time at the gym before I got pregnant and now the few times I've been there, I can't keep my focus. I get bored and I want to leave.
I try to justify things and say that I *just* had a baby. But that *just* has turned into 5 months and I'm still in the same place. Not getting ahead of anything. Not my house or my body. Just one would be nice.
I feel like I'm making excuses. (cause I am)
Summer was here today and it reminded me how close pool activities are in my future. I have promised myself I wont make my kids miss out because of my insecurities but oh I'm not looking forward to it!
I need to stop before the real whining starts.
Note to self... Must. Get. Out. Of. Funk. Soon.
My life in a nutshell, the frump has set in again.
I can't stand messing with Reed's naps, I slightly panic thinking I'll mess with the good thing we've got going with his sleeping habits. This little fact translates into, I never get to the gym to workout or walk or anything for that matter.
I loved my time at the gym before I got pregnant and now the few times I've been there, I can't keep my focus. I get bored and I want to leave.
I try to justify things and say that I *just* had a baby. But that *just* has turned into 5 months and I'm still in the same place. Not getting ahead of anything. Not my house or my body. Just one would be nice.
I feel like I'm making excuses. (cause I am)
Summer was here today and it reminded me how close pool activities are in my future. I have promised myself I wont make my kids miss out because of my insecurities but oh I'm not looking forward to it!
I need to stop before the real whining starts.
Note to self... Must. Get. Out. Of. Funk. Soon.
22 comments:
Melanie,
I completely relate! It's so hard to get out of the frump! I've only got 3 kids. I don't know how moms of like 5-6 kids do it and feel sane. I can't seem to get motivated on the working out thing either. You and I are in the same spot, my friend. Good luck though. I know you can do it. Nothing is a better motivator to getting out of the funk than beautiful summer weather.
I love the title of this post! I need some kind of frump-repellent. I too promised myself long ago that my kids wouldn't miss out because of my insecurities, but sometimes I really regret that vow...
I hope the funk leaves you soon!
Yes, I think the pool season is coming on too quickly too! I do fine for a bit then go to my parents house and all my efforts are thwarted. So back to square one.
I have to say that Kate calls those weeds- bubbles- because you blow them and the white things fly off and they "look" like bubbles. It's funny. So I had to laugh that you posted that picture.
Mel-You know I was so you last summer, and I will be next summer. You were such a devoted gym worker outer before Reed and you will get there again. Start small, commit to 3 times a week and force yourself to stay for a 1/2 hr, I really had to do that at first. Once you are going you will be hooked. I think you look good already so stop all the crazy talk too. I knew I couldnt avoid a swimsuit again this summer but then this pregnancy thing happened, so here we go again!
My last week felt like this- I didn't go running once because I kept making excuses and just let the funk enclose me. I hope airing these thoughts will get them out of your head and leave room for a week of productive thoughts. Good luck!
I hope you get out of your funk soon! Hang in there. :)
I hear you....
frump repellent... what a great idea.
Ha! You crack me up and I love this post!! i hear you!! Sadly, I have been working out, but you can't tell. I am the same weight and size I was when Brody was 4 weeks old! It takes my body forever (and for me to stop nursing) to get back to normal and I HATE feeling like a frumpy, chubby mama...but that is just what I am right now. Thanks for making me laugh (and somehow it makes me feel better just to know I am not the only one!!)
I think that 6 months post-baby is the hardest time b/c my body actually weighs more at that time than immediately after I have given birth. Is that weird? The nursing thing just makes me pack it on or something. I know how that frumpy feeling goes. It's usually the time I give in and buy BIG clothes and stop trying to squeeze into the pre-baby stuff.
Ok, don't hate me, but maybe you could find a 5K in the area and give yourself something to work for. I know that when I am feeling bored and uninspired at the gym it helps me to have a goal. Just a thought! Hey, maybe you need a good exercise mix. I can help!
WOW! You took the words right out of my mouth!
I lost most of my baby weight right after I had Aubrey, but since last summer I've gained 10- TEN pounds! I bought a swimsuit today, it was not pretty!
FRUMP, FRUMP GO AWAY!
I am with you on the frump. I have hit it and need to get out. I am freaking out over how fast swim suits will be here. Help!
I was going to get a new swim suit this summer. What was I thinking??? I am going to wear shorts in the pool. I haven't exercised since Sept and probably won't til Sept, but I'm thinking of getting a treadmill b/c between nursing and naps I probably won't make it to the gym. Sounds like the gym has worked for you in the past though. Sure hope you find the groove you need.
Weird. I just had a baby too. Like 18 months ago. At least you've been to the gym. What's my excuse?
when I read the word Funk, i thought of Punky Brewster. Sometimes I call Kortni's girls Punky Brewster and you want to know the funny thing? I never ven saw that show, I have no idea who she is, I only hear people talk about her. So here's to you Punky Brewster! :) Funk or no Funk, you my Funky friend!
I think this is the hardest thing about having a baby!! The first month after having the baby, I always feel pretty good. Fitting back into some normal clothes, losing weight. But then you stop losing, your clothes are way to tight, not many choices, and you can't stand to look at yourself in the mirror! Then you gain weight back! UGH!!
I'm totally feeling you. I've been walking, but it's easy to make excuses and skip. I will do aerobics, but not as much as I need. It was easier to be motivated pregnant then it is now. I guess it sleep deprivation!!
Plus I can't seem to stay on top of any task. I'll get caught up, then I have a day I'm really tired, and I'll take a nap and nothing gets done. Then it seems so hard to get back on track after one day of laziness. Can you tell I'm feeling you on the frumpiness! Sorry such a long comment!
OK you need to come to my house for lunch:)!!!!!!!
Oh Melanie! Just hang in there! Every time you add another child, life changes into something else. You may say it's already been 5 months, but I say, it's ONLY been 5 months. Give it time, and let things fall into place. Younger siblings learn how to do things that older kids never had to do, such as get woke up from a nap to go to a soccer game. They learn to adapt to those things, learning how to go back to sleep in the car seat. Poor Tess lived in her car seat the first year of her life. Reed will do great at the pool. Trust me. I've been there. You're doing great!!
girl -i hear ya..im in that funk too...with kristen having her baby i NEVER go to the gym anymore!! i know..SHE had the baby...excuses!! ahhah
i wouldnt really worry about it till your ate the one year mark..then i'd start getting motivated..after having a baby i say "this is my frumpy year" i can be frumpy for ONE whole year..
hope you can get out of the funk..
That is the joy of children...they enjoy me....they enjoy the way I look in a bathing suit, because I am their mom. My boobs aren't propped up perfectly in a swimsuit,and I'm not skinny and toned, but I too have realized that I will not let them miss out on the great moments of summer and water, just because I may not have the perfect body!! See you at the pool!!!
I've felt the same way these last few months. I need to change so that we can get out and enjoy summer but me mind keeps telling me that I'm not ready for all the summer activities because that means I have to leave the house! I've become such a homebody lately it's ridiculous!! I wish I was closer and then maybe we could help each other stay motivated with some walking.
I am in the thick of it too. I feel worse physically then when I was 9 months pregnant.
I'll be out of shape in by swimsuit too!
I feel like I'm destined to battle the frump all my days. I haven't been to the gym since May 5th! I keep having sleep issues, but that's a lame excuse. Why is it so hard??
Post a Comment