Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pizza and Firemen...Take Two

It's field trip time again. Definitely not exciting field tripping either but what can you do. Last year, I went with Kathryn and so glutton for punishment, I signed up to go with Nathan's class this year. Back to Domino's Pizza and the Fire Station. It wasn't too bad (the fire fighters were definitely not as good as last year) but I did have the same sentiments on the bus. Hot, humid, smelly and crowded. The good thing is kindergarten kids are so cute and excited about everything. One even said he dreamed about riding the bus. So funny.

Same as last year they got to put anything on their half of the pizza. At first Nathan wanted to have all the topping on top but settled on pepperoni and sausage. So funny, he tried to line up a piece of sausage on each piece of pepperoni. When I told him that would take too long he went for a handful in one spot and was happy with the results.

We ended up with a stack of 5 pizzas sitting with us in our seat (steaming hot!) as we rode back to the school. He would only take a picture with me if he could show the pizza box.

I just can't believe that we only have 13 1/2 days left of school! Seriously, what am I going to do with these kids all summer? I'll have to come up with a schedule or I'm afraid we'll all go crazy and the walls will close in on us. I feel like both Nathan and Kathryn learned so much this year. I've been so happy with their teachers and have learned what a difference great teachers can make in their experiences for the year. I'm so proud of both of them!

Tiny updates on the other 3---

Dane, always our funny man, came up with a new one the other night. When it was time to leave Marion's house, Milo told Dane had to put up his bike and he was not happy about it. For the next hour (at least) he kept telling Milo in a really irritated, half yell, 'Daddy, you are going to pay for this, give me a dollar!' 'Dad, you will have to pay!' So Milo gave him a high five and it made him even more upset (it was way too close to bedtime to be messing around with him). It was so hard not to laugh but you can't fuel the fire with this kid. At all.

Reed is getting so big. He'll be 5 months on Friday (post in the works)! Can you believe it's been 5 months since Christmas? If I look at it that way, it seems like we're almost there again. Yikes!

Kat pulled another tooth out a few days ago. She's going to have to start gumming her food if the new ones don't grow in soon. The other front one is semi loose and I hope she leaves it alone or she will have 4 missing. No fresh corn on the cob for her this summer.

Thanks for all the nice, funny comments on my last post. It's good to know I'm not the only one that gets in a funk and has to fight the frumpy feelings. I guess we all do on different days, huh?

13 comments:

Heidi said...

I wish I could make my own pizza too so I could put as much pineapple on as I wish they would!!!

Kathryn's smile is too funny. I can't believe she has all those teeth gone and no new ones yet. You are funny "she'll have to gum her food!" I laughed at that.

Oh my word!!! I love Reed's onesie. That is so stinkin' cute on him. What a cute kid.

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the help, I figured it out! And I believe you saw the Oscar Meyer Weener! Its amazing!

Anyways, I know what Kat is going to have to go through. I had cut my corn off the cob for far too long! It was only cool when it came off in sheets.

donna said...

What a fun field-trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY kids( and so am i) are ready for SUMMER!!! Yes we will be coming to ML to the water park.....

Brianne said...

First off, Mason was saying Melanie as I was reading this. He amazes me at how quickly he's picking up new things to say.

I love the picture of you and Nathan even if it does include a pizza box. Dane sounds like Jayni has been acting the last couple months. I'm waiting for her to grow out of it and hope it comes soon.

As for a schedule for the summer, you can come up her once every couple weeks for the day and I'll come over there once every couple weeks for the day. I'm sure we can come up with different things to do to keep the kids entertained.

Heather said...

I'm a bit nervous for summer too! Three rowdy boys, and not nearly enough moms! Mine starts in just one week. YIKES!!

Shaila Lou said...

Malcolm saw these pictures and just thought it was so awesome that Nathan was making pizza on his fieldtrip!! Looks like it would have been great.

Love the updates on the other kids too. Dane's a kick in the pants. Malcolm was just talking today about going camping with "Nathan, Kathryn and Daners". I don't think my kids know that his real name is Dane!

Reed looks so cute in John Deere!

Love that you are using your "photos"! Such a great picture you captured of sweet Kathryn. Love that girl!

Dustin and Tara said...

Your post made me laugh. Nathan's experience at the field trip was pretty funny with the sausage, the picture! And that's hilarious about Dane, it made me laugh! Cute Reed....guess its almost time for another one:)!

Laurie said...

The thought of being on that bus is enough to make me nauseated. Probably worth it to go with the kids though!

All the pictures of the kids are so good!!!

Holly said...

Kathryn looks so cute with no front teeth. That is the cutest stage ever. Looks like you guys have been partying hard there in Moses. Have a little fun for us too! Can't wait to see you this summer somethime....

Anna said...

I love this post with a pic and update on all the kids, and Kat needs a tooth transplant!

Brenda said...

Ugg. Buses. You're a brave soul. Dane cracks me up! Carson tries to bribe me "I'll give you a dollar"! Where do they get it? It's a mystery. Where do you pick up the John Deere onesie? Do they come in pink?

Melinda said...

I am trying to come up with what to do this summer also to keep these kids busy and not fighting all summer long.

Fun times at dominos. That is so cute the schools goes there.

Jill said...

You are good to go on that field trip again since you already knew what you were in for!