
Saturday we had a family fun day with Milo's siblings that (for us) lasted 13 hours! It was great, not nearly as bad as the title makes it sound. We met in the 'big city' that is about an hour and a half away and our meeting place was The Big Red Wagon, 11 am. The kid have seen it before but sadly we have never taken the time to let them play on it. An now that I think about it, they only went down the slide a couple times. Once everyone was there, we started the hunt to find a suitable place for some family photos.

We took some family photos with all 23 of us but they are on Shaila's camera (I'll post some when I get them). We set up the tripod and worked at getting the whole crew. At first we used the timer and finally when someone walked by we were able to use them for a few seconds and they took a few more. Then Marion requested a grandkid photo and I'm so glad she did. Isn't this cute? Eleven grandkids; 8 boys, 3 girls. This was a hurry and set them there kind of thing but I think it's so funny. One boy on each end and 6(!) in the middle. This isn't the best one (that's on Shaila's camera too) but I still love it.

And the four babies.
Emma- 10/13/07. Reed- 12/23/07. Grayson 1/10/08. Winston-2/2/08

The 'big city' we went has rides and such. The kids had a blast because there were no lines. They were able to go on every single one and once they got off, they just went right back on. Brianne reserved us as a group so it was cheap too. Gotta love that.

Marion was a champ and went on so many rides. Nathan pulled her all over the place. I'm impressed that she didn't get sick. I used to love rides but I seriously can't handle them anymore. I guess I'm 80 cause I was quite content to just push Reed around in the stroller.

They have a really old carousel (someone correct me but I think over 100 years) there and the kids had a blast on it. They picked a different horse every time and Kathryn grew quite fond of this goat. I went on it twice and while it was fun, after those two times, I took a seat. Can you say boring mom?

Here they are waiting to get on the carousel for one of their last rides. They don't even look that tired. I think they rode that thing at least 30 times. Those $9 passes paid for themselves over and over.

I talked Milo into a SP while we were letting the kids go just 'a couple' more times. I'm sure they sneaked in 5 or 6 rides but by this time of the day, we just didn't care. The last hold outs for the day were us and Matt and Shaila . I can't believe we the kids were still going at 5:30. Dane and Quinn (the frequent offenders when they are tired) were starting to get a little hungry and ready to go. We had to keep Dane away from the man sleeping it off under a tree and Quinn was getting awfully close to the road. Well it was dinner time so where do you head when the adults are out numbered by children 4-7? No not McDonald's, not us.

We braved The Olive Garden. And I cannot believe how good everyone was. So, so good! Every single kid ate their dinner, didn't throw a fit, no one cried and just plain used good manner. I'm sure it had nothing to do with wearing them out the entire day. Who cares. Matt did have a good point about not being able the adults being able to talk to each other. We said in the future, Kat will be in charge of all 6 boys on the other end of the table and then we can talk. Ha, we had a good laugh over that one.
By the time we got home it was almost 13 hours after we had left the house in the morning. The kids were amazing, I love that they are getting older and we can actually have day outings without all the craziness of tiny kids that can't do anything. There were a couple meltdowns getting them into the shower and into their bed. But it was all worth it in the morning when they all 4 slept in until 8:30!! They never do that, especially on a Sun. No they usually reserve the sleeping in for a day they must be woken up. It was a fabulous gift after a long day. I hope we can plan days like this every year. I love my cousins and the times we spent together as kids (even when they made fun of my dramatic ways, ha) and I want that for my kids. Days like this is how it happens, so thanks family for making memories that last.
21 comments:
Oh, Melanie, this sounds like such a great day. I love the cousin photo...Reed's thumb in his mouth is so cute. Nathan looks like a natural holding him. Then you get to Dane and his hold isn't quite so natural on his baby! What a fun picture.
The picture with the four babies is funny. Reed looks like he's in command of the blanket and Grayson is just watching him. It'll be interesting when they're older to see who leads who into mischief!
You are so brave to brave Olive Garden. I'm glad it worked out well. I'm quite sure Katherine is capable of parenting all six boys.
Oh..and before I quit..that SPT of you and Milo is great. I'm so glad you got it.
what a fun time you all had for 13 hours...
OH the cousin picture is so cute.. so many babies..
I need to take a picture of the big red wagon.....
What a fun time. Good practice for Disneyland! It is fun to have them around. They were very good at my house too. Must be some good parenting going on......... :o)
what fun! it is so much fun with having such close friends with babies the same age - my neighbor is pregnant right now with me, and I told her how fun it is going to be because they will be little buddies - and she said, "oh no, my baby already has a buddy, his big brother at home"... helloooo??? she likes all the attention so it really didn't surprise me much - she hates the fact that i'm pregnant at the same time, oh well c'est la vie!
Melanie
CUTE, CUTE - pictures of all those kids! You are amazing in Primary & my kids sure appreciate you. We missed the last activity - out of town - but thanks for organizing & being a reliable leader for my kids! Steve's family blog is http:\\hgmaladmemories.blogspot.com. Thanks for letting me put you on my list! Your little boy reminds me so much of Trent & Trevor at that age. So CUTE! Lisa
Hi
I just totally posted under Steve's parents username & stuff - I am still recovery from girls camp!!! Just be glad you are still in primary - because scouting & YW will be calling your name SOON! Ughhh! Lisa
We had great fun with the fam! I'm glad we stayed and went to the Olive Garden together. Good memories for sure. I don't think I've ever had so many people staring at us as we eat!! Haha!
I am so excited that you contacted me! Your kids are so dang cute! I love your hair cut in the reunion pics!! You guys need to make a trip out here! We haven't seen you forever! I was watching Dumb and Dumber the other day and I thought of you ha ha! When Angie, Ashlee, and I came to Vegas to visit you guys it had just came out. I will never forget how much we laughed at the bathroom scene!! I am going to keep checking up you and your family too!
I too love that photo of all the babies lined up. After seeing that rather large wagon it makes me want to visit that park. Yay for family time :)
Love all your pictures! I love days when it all just seems to fall into place and it's all good!
What fun!
Only $9 for all that fun!!! What a great deal. I want to go. :) I really want to go to Olive Garden too. I went to that restaraunt too many times when we lived there that this one waitress remembered me!!! How embarrassing is that?
We had such a fun day! I can't believe how many times we went on the carousel.
I can't believe all the kids lasted long enough to enjoy a meal at Olive Garden. Mason was fussing as soon as we got in the car and luckily fell asleep as we went to get food. Unfortunately he woke up before getting out of town and wanted his blanket, which we forgot! McDonald's made it better though.
What a fun day!! The pictures are great, I love the SP of the two of you! And all those babies lined up, so cute!
You are amazing. Seriously.
I'm still new to this blog thing-I gotta give all the credit to Amber-she was always talking about her blog and then she helped me create one, and now I'm hooked! I find myself browsing other peoples blogs and there went two hours! Luckily Jaxon is a really good baby, so it's not like I'm neglecting him or anything!!! Your family is soooo cute! Your little boy looks EXACTLY like you-I see a little of Kyle in him too! Seems like you do a lot of fun things with your fam! You are a great blogger too! I was just thinking I need a little variety in my blog-even though it is the love of my life-Jaxon in all the pics!!!
Your baby Reed has the greatest facial expressions I've ever seen a baby have! Jaxon was squeeling and laughing when he saw the pics of Reed-he LOVES babies, and all little kids for that matter! I'm excited to get to check up on ya-and next time you come to Vegas let me know I'd love to see ya!
I noticed all the babies in your fam are pretty close in birthdates-Jaxon's b-day is 11/3 and his cousin was born 6 days earlier-both babies werent due till the 24th and 25th of Nov. so one came 1 mo. early and 1 came 3 weeks early-What a difference a week makes! Jaxon was healthy and no problems, but his cousin was in ICU for weeks and then had to be on oxygen for about a mo. or so!
I love the wagon slide in the park! The big thing in St. George right now are the splash pads-they're in a lot of the parks now-but SG seems kinda behind the times!!! One day we may get a cool red rider slide too!
I'm still new to this blog thing-I gotta give all the credit to Amber-she was always talking about her blog and then she helped me create one, and now I'm hooked! I find myself browsing other peoples blogs and there went two hours! Luckily Jaxon is a really good baby, so it's not like I'm neglecting him or anything!!! Your family is soooo cute! Your little boy looks EXACTLY like you-I see a little of Kyle in him too! Seems like you do a lot of fun things with your fam! You are a great blogger too! I was just thinking I need a little variety in my blog-even though it is the love of my life-Jaxon in all the pics!!!
Your baby Reed has the greatest facial expressions I've ever seen a baby have! Jaxon was squeeling and laughing when he saw the pics of Reed-he LOVES babies, and all little kids for that matter! I'm excited to get to check up on ya-and next time you come to Vegas let me know I'd love to see ya!
I noticed all the babies in your fam are pretty close in birthdates-Jaxon's b-day is 11/3 and his cousin was born 6 days earlier-both babies werent due till the 24th and 25th of Nov. so one came 1 mo. early and 1 came 3 weeks early-What a difference a week makes! Jaxon was healthy and no problems, but his cousin was in ICU for weeks and then had to be on oxygen for about a mo. or so!
I love the wagon slide in the park! The big thing in St. George right now are the splash pads-they're in a lot of the parks now-but SG seems kinda behind the times!!! One day we may get a cool red rider slide too!
What a fun time. That wagon is huge and so cool! I can't beleive you have so many cousins all in a row. That will be so fun when they are older and can play together!
I'm so glad I don't have a guilty conscience about making fun of you like some do(ie: Heather, Holly, Linda!!)!
What a day. It is awesome that everyone did so great for you. I just love the pictures of the 4 baby cousins... that will be so fun for them... always.
The cousin pictures are so good. We seem to have lots of cousins born really close on John's side. It's going to be so fun that way.
Teeting is probably the hardest part of having a baby when the teething is hard. Sure hope it's better.
I love the cousin pictures! How fun to have all those babies in the family at once. I loved your title, and it didn't even occur to me that that could have negative connotations until I read your post! What a great day.
Post a Comment